Oh my gosh!!!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges - 2015' started by JillW, Jan 31, 2015.

1. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Wow - the scrap kings are looking down on my favorably today!!

I finished challenge #31 today and decided to upgrade the software I use (Corel X4 - going up to X7), after receiving the software in the mail today.

I had installed a trial version on my PC - which must have caused issues, because when I went to install the new software, something funky happened, and it wouldn't install. I figured I could do a system restore for a few weeks ago and be a-okay. Only things didn't go as planned! After the system restore finished, my PC rebooted and then just looped - and looped - and looped. Not knowing what to do - I turned my PC off - and then .... it restarted like normal and .... N O T H I N G . Nada. Zilch. Zero. OMGosh. My heart sank.

I called HP support and after 20 minutes on hold, found out that the warranty on the PC had expired ELEVEN days ago. My only option for assistance was to pay $59.99 for a one time help fee - or $99.99 for a year. If I purchased a one time help call - and if it was determined they couldn't help me, I'd get a refund.

SO - step after step after step. All of the things I'd tried before. Until finally he had me do some sort of self test on the hard drive. That took like 10 seconds. It came back - hard drive damaged. Hard drive replacement recommended. BOOOOOOOOOO.

We are on the verge of getting 12 inches of snow - so tomorrow was going to be my scrapping day - but now all I have is a slow lap top ---- thank GOODNESS I got that page done before I TRIED to upgrade my software!!

I am totally bummed about the hard drive - but very thankful that I kept most of my photos and kits on an EHD.

I loved the computer so am hoping I can have someone install a new hard drive and get back everything I had saved on my desktop. (Because other than that, everything else was on my EHD) - and the only software I had installed was Corel - and hey - I can use the new upgrade sometime!!

So tomorrow will be no scrapping, but at least I'll have the internet. I think I would croak if I couldn't get online!! LOL!!

ETA - It just occurred to me that I will have to try to get iTunes and the 10,000 song I have off of my old PC. Argh!!!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  2. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Yikes! That's awful. So glad that you didn't lose your photos and scrap goodies, but still, what a pain to have it go like that.

3. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

So glad you got that last LO in! Ugh, eleven days?! I hate that. I used to do tech support and I had to be the one to tell people when their warranties were up just recently, and I hated it. Hard drives are typically relatively easy and inexpensive so here's hoping it goes as well as it can!

4. asali

asali Mad for Marzipan

Jill I have one our PC or laptops have bad surprises for us!! I now how you had to feel. Hopefully you can sort it out somehow!! Good luck

5. Mother Bear

Mother Bear Crikey!

Hope you get it all sorted out Jill.

6. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

Yikes. Good thing you finished, and sounds like you didn't lose much in the crash. Hope everything is good soon.

7. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

Hope you can get back up and going soon. hereing it happening so much. Don't know why I so clueless, and discouraged to try to rebuild mine. Just d0n't have the mind I used to. Don't give up hope like I did. Do right away, before you forget what was on it

8. tropt

tropt Some like it hot

Oooh, poor you! Like others have said, SO glad for you that you finished MOC already. YAY on that. Hope it'll all work out soon. :)

9. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Oh Jill... so sad to hear about your hard drive. I hope you can recover your music files and get everything else sorted relatively easily.

10. thimbleberrie

thimbleberrie Oooh, shiny!

so glad tO hear MOC was finished....BOo Hiss on the hard drive and I hope you can get a new hard up and going soon.

11. VickyD

VickyD Coffee - I need an IV for that!!

hope you can get it sorted asap xx

12. sberkan

sberkan Says "yes" to new adventures...

Oh, that is no good at all. Those computers - what a love/hate relationship! :)

13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Oh Boy - Hope you can get it fixed soon!

14. shaynesgirl

shaynesgirl All I need is a pink Corvette!

Aw Jill - that is awful!!!! Hang in there!!!

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh yuck. I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you're able get it fixed and running again soon. I'm also happy to hear most of your stuff is safe on an EHD! Good thing you finished MOC too! Phew!

16. katieFLapple

katieFLapple Active Member

That stinks! Thank goodness you had most of it back up and you had already finished your last layout! Hope that you are able to get back to scrapping soon!