TGIF! What's on for the weekend?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by lmccandless, Sep 5, 2014.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

It's Friday!! :yesss
    What do you have planned for the weekend?

Tonight, I am taking my oldest shopping for a Homecoming dress. It's a big deal this year because she's a junior and she's in loooooove, so she wants the perfect dress. We always enjoy our dress shopping, but it's getting bittersweet. Only one more year.

Before that, though, I am sneaking down to my studio to work on some Project Life. Shhhh - don't tell anyone where to find me. LOL Oh - I am also hosting the Wrap Up chat for WAS tonight at 10 pm EDT in the chat room. Hope to see you there!

On Saturday, my girls both have tennis all afternoon. Then, Saturday night DH and I have a double-date out to our favorite restaurant. Sunday is church and relaxation.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  2. melrio

melrio I will hunt you!

Enjoy! :)

We may actually just stay home this weekend! Will most likely meet up with some friends later this evening and catch a bite somewhere.

Saturday - shopping with my bestie! :)

Sunday - doing absolutely nothing!!!! Catching up on laundry and watching movies!

3. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

My daughter is spending the night at my ILs' tonight, so I hope to get the baby to bed early(ish) so that I can scrap! I rented "Moms' Night Out" and "God's Not Dead" to watch while I scrap.

There's a big consignment sale at the fairgrounds tomorrow, but it's in the exact opposite direction of the ILs' house... so maybe I will find something else for us to do. :giggle

The new school year starts at church this weekend, and my daughter is very excited to be moving into the K-1 room. I love having an hour to myself Sunday mornings in worship while both kids are in kids' ministry.

Oh, and the BRONCOS play Sunday night! :beat:beat:beat

I will miss the first quarter, most likely, with putting both kids to bed, but I've already told DH and his son that my booty will be firmly planted on the couch cheering my Peyton (despite living in Indy!) on so they better go elsewhere or shut up while I watch. :woot

4. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

And so begins another season of sports...this weekend kicks it all off for my family
    Hockey tryouts are going on this weekend for my son, as well as basketball and soccer - poor little guy is going to be tuckered out on Saturday with all 3.
    Putting together new bookcases that I bought for our living room - so excited to start decorating it!!
    And hopefully, Sunday is a day of relaxation!!

5. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

Haven't heard yet whether "college boy" will be home this weekend or not. My big plans include a Target run and laundry :giggle

6. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

My sister's family is going to be busy with football this weekend - so that means I get my Saturday to myself! She is always conning me into coming over or going shopping and since she has a super adorable 1 year old, it's pretty hard to say no. LOL! But I have a ton of cleaning to do and I'm hoping to deal with some of that. And I'm halfway through the new Outlander book so I want to make a dent in that.

7. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

um soccer and then more soccer and then more soccer. blah.

8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

yup. this. ugh.

then we are kinda free the whole weekend. i plan on relaxing and not doing much. my MIL leaves tomorrow... so maybe I'll be a little more myself.... she was here the whole summer (actually helping us out with the kids!)

9. nockosh

nockosh googy eggs for everyone!!!

This is the first weekend in months that will be a quiet one. The sun is shining, the housework is done so I am hoping to get some scrappy stuff done.
    It is Father's Day on Sunday, so loads of family time

10. katieFLapple

katieFLapple Active Member

My inlaws just got into town today and Jack's baptism is Sunday so it will be a busy family weekend for us. Hoping to get a LO or two done, but I'm not sure if it will happen.

11. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Its study break for another week and I am working on an assignment due in 10 days but tomorrow I am going to see Cirque du Solei Totem tomorrow as a belated birthday present - can't wait!!

12. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

Tomorrow afternoon I'm photographing a marriage proposal . . . a friend from high school asked me if I'd come out to a family picnic where her future son-in-law plans to propose to her daughter in front of everyone. Should be fun . . . but we are watching the weather closely.

Sunday we are going to local outdoor show with some friends to see a display of vintage trailers that have been redone. I've been following several pinterest boards on this topic. I don't know that I necessarily want to camp in one, but I'd love to restore/redo one!

13. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

My daughter has informed me that we will start clearing out one of our spare rooms because she wants to set it up as her sewing studio. Lots of work to do, we'll see how far we get this weekend. She is actually a very good organizer.

14. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I tweaked my back just enough yesterday that I won't be doing any exercising this weekend...which always bums me out.

I have a friend home from the hospital, so before she has to go back in (she's full of tumors) I'm going to bring some movies over that she hasn't seen (Bridemaids being one of them) and watch them and laugh!

And I'd love to scrap this weekend too...I won't be able to get totally caught up with PL in one weekend, but I can make a lot of progress!

15. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

I'm tackling my daughter's MOUNTAIN of laundry while she's with her dad. I deserve a trophy for that.

Soccer tonight, long run tomorrow (yay! longest run post-mono, hopefully).

And hanging with my baby boy, who isn't such a baby anymore (10 next month!).

My dh is in Indiana all weekend, so I have the bed to myself. :)

16. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

We're just about to head out to my youngest son's first football game since he broke his collarbone. He's raring to go and has been telling me that he is going to kill ("but not literally, Mom!") the opposition. He's 8 so that sounds so funny coming from his mouth.

Then my oldest is going to the Eskimos football game this afternoon/evening. Then probably church tonight.

And Sunday will be a day of rest!

17. omuli

omuli La!La!La! I can't heaaar you!

Today I have done LOTS of laundry and a bit of cleaning. Tomorrow I'm going to get some pages done. Thank goodness I have four days off :)

18. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

We went to a Wine Festival last night and ended up being evacuated due to severe thunderstorm. We knew there was going to be rain later in the evening but the wind came out of nowhere, 90+ km/h. Driving home (I don't live far from it) listening to the tornado siren going off and in to the darkness of my house. Power came back on at 1 am, but I was fast asleep :). I danced in the puddles as we were leaving and even sang a little, what else ya going to do? We at least had some good wine and food before it all started.

Today it was groceries, laundry and I did some baking. Hockey game tonight for the boy and I plan on actually turning on my computer for the first tine in a few days

19. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

My doctor prescribed me time away from my kids this weekend. She's even going to call on Monday to make sure I followed through. I was a little nervous to tell DH, but he was very supportive. Tomorrow, he'll be taking the kids out so I can rest.

20. PLM

PLM I know there's something in the wake of your smile

There was the annual feast at my birthtown so we went there yesterday. Today should be about relaxing at home. :-)