Pad Patter: 6/19 Floss RANT

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Jun 19, 2014.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

okay, I hear ya' flossing is important!
    :giggle:giggle:giggle:giggle
    do you think Dentist take a special class on
    how to lay guilt on for not flossing?
    :hissy:hissy:hissy
    :flirty
    my kids, I am so happy if I get them to bed in one piece...flossing is at the very low end of the spectrum of hygiene!

so last time the dentist asked if we used floss, I honestly told him
    YES!!
    because
    after we left, my boys got home and tied each other up with it!
    Minty fresh!:whistle

2. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I love my AirFloss.

3. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Anne - you made my day! Love this comment.

4. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Ha! After my youngest's most recent dentist appointment she wanted to floss all the time. I kept having to tell her once a day is enough. She would bring me the floss every night and ask me to floss her teeth. I honestly wished she was not so into it!! Terrible mother, I know!

5. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Hahahaha... I love your story. You could always try those little flossers with the handles... kids seem to like those? And if they don't, they can use them as mini weapons. But I'm with you, that is very low on the priority scale. :D

My big floss gripe is trying to find floss that isn't mint flavored. I'd just like it to be plain. LOL.

6. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

the colgate flossers (handles with re-loadable flossers) are plain (i don't like minty floss either!)

7. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

yep, i love those flossers with the handles! i even use them to floss my own teeth. way easier than messing with floss!!

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm on the other end of the spectrum... I have floss everywhere. In my purse, my desk at home, my desk at work, ect. I'm not sure when that happened either. I never used to floss now I do it all the time! My kids don't though. Lol!

9. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I feel guilty but don't floss too often. I think that stretching my mouth to floss always makes my wrinkles look bigger. :giggle

10. toriloowho

toriloowho Yep… I'm an over thinker.

After spending $800 on dental work in April/May due to NOT flossing, I am pretty consistent about it now. I'm not good at enforcing it with my kids, though.

11. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Flossing is for the birds.

12. AmyG

AmyG Member

Me every 6 months lol...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  13. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! lol gross,, but still laughing

14. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I go through periods of time when I floss more consistently than others. I need to be better myself about flossing and my boys as well, but I think I might be like you, Anne and that falls a bit lower than my dentist would like on the low end of the spectrum.

15. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

As a dentist, I have to say flossing is as important as brushing! There are 5 surfaces to every tooth and without flossing you are missing two of them! Heck 3/5 is only 60%. That's a D. Well keep up the work, you are keeping your dentist in business! :)

16. SmallMoments

SmallMoments Are you ready for some football??

Bwahahahahaha!!!!

If it makes you feel any better, I'm lucky if my kid remembers to brush everyday!

I definitely floss though... starting about a week before my dentist appt. ;) LOL

17. MissKim

MissKim ichthyophobic

I had a bridge put in last December and since them I'm a bit obsessive about flossing. I didn't realize that with a bridge food can get caught under it and cause more damage to the underlying teeth. So I floss every single night except Friday, because I have to give myself a break day.

Here's my question --- floss first or brush first? I can never decide. I always thought brush, then floss but flossing will dislodge stuff I don't want in my mouth, so I end up using mouthwash to truly feel clean. Lately I've started flossing first, then brushing.

18. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I use my AirFloss every day, after brushing. My dentist was quite impressed with the difference it makes. :)

19. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I've found that using mouthwash before flossing seems to make it easier to get those little spots cleaner. I'm a pretty regular flosser, in fact I specifically asked for a non-permanent retainer so that I could floss easier. My son, however, rarely does it but he apparently is doing well enough with brushing alone, or at least the dentist says so.

20. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

hilarious Anne!

i buy those little flossers with the handles, and i find them everywhere (except the garbage can!) in my kids' bathroom. so that must mean they are using them, right?! unless they are flinging them at each other which is a huge possibility too.

they have a water pic as well ... highly recommend.