Pad Patter: 3/28 - Cereal

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Angie4b1g, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Do you eat cereal? The healthy ones or the sugary ones?

My favorites are raisin bran, Golden Grahams, Count Chocula

2. Nixenkind

Nixenkind Dreaming of boiling in Brisbane.

Oh... I eat some non-brand chocolate crunch from our local discounter ;)...

3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

i like the healthy ones ... but even those sometimes have too much sugar for me. i have a huge sweet tooth problem, BUT i only like my sweetness in my sweets. i hate sweetness in my beverages and in my regular food/meals. sugary cereals, much to my kids dismay, are forbidden here! i'm the meany mom!!!

4. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

5. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

I pretty much never met a cereal I didn't like. Right now my faves are Honey Bunches of Oats, Oatmeal Squares, Special K Choclatey Delight, and any kind of Cherrios.

6. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

I totally agree with Ashley, love love cereal...but I don't eat much of it anymore, low carbs, you know. But I do love cheerios and oatmeal squares, and I love hot oatmeal, something I never would have eaten as a kid.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  7. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

raisin bran and chocolate mini wheat little bites are our faves here (the choc. mini wheats are good dry as a snack or with milk!)

8. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

Kashi Toasted Berry Crunch for me, Cinnamon Life for my son

9. rfeewjlj

rfeewjlj Only ONE N, people, ONE!

I loved cereal but yes, between the sugar and the carbs I can't eat it anymore. My all time favorites will always be:

Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Honey Bunches of Oats, Captain Crunch, and Honey Nut Cheerios. (Team Cheerios were good, too!)

10. pbrooks

pbrooks I need a realtor!

I love cereal and eat it almost every morning! Two of my favorites are Fiber One (no sugar) and Bran Buds. It's a good thing I like them because I am supposed to eat a lot of fiber and both of them have a lot of fiber. I also enjoy plain oatmeal with blueberries.

11. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I like Special K vanilla almond or honey oats. Or I like Kashi Go Lean crunch or their cinnamon wheat thingies. And I need to have some kind of berries to put in there or it's just not right.

12. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

Not really a big cereal fan, but the only one I have ever eaten is Cheerios. Not the honey cheerios or those other flavors, just plain cheerios.

13. Dutch_Diva

Dutch_Diva The 80's called? Awesome!

Never loved it until recently I discovered this granola from Bakery On Main which is gluten free and delish! I put it in Greek yogurt and love it. Yet not cheap though; one small bag only lasts a week and is $6.99.... :whistle

14. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

I adore cereal and I'm having issues with it right now. I've been eating raisin bran..but honestly why do they sugar coat the rasins? It has 18g of sugar per serving...that's more than the kid's sugary cereals that are out there and yeah I realize a lot of that is the raisins..but it's much lower in sugar to buy bran flakes and raisins and put them together.

DH loves the original Kashi Go Lean, so I gave a bowl of that a try yesterday and I still can't stand it..lol.

I also love lucky charms and frosted mini wheats...both of which aren't great for you (which I'm guessing is why they are my favorites).

DH and DD love overnight oats but I can't stand cold oatmeal (unless it's in a cookie..lol), but I love hot oatmeal and farina.

15. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Those are my top 3 as well! I don't eat it much for breakfast, but love it for a snack :)

16. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

I have healthy cereal followed by fruit and Greek natural yogurt

17. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I make refrigerated oatmeal for breakfast on days that I work .... mmmmmm I get to add my fav fruit and its very filling and good for the plumbing :giggle

18. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

I eat raisin bran more than anything because I'm borderline anemic & I like to donate blood. Raisin bran has LOTS of iron! But I also love crunch berries! ;)

19. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Don't eat cereal anymore but when I did I ate Raisin Bran, Cheerios and Cornflakes. Way back when I didn't care how much sugar I ate, I loved Alphabits and Frosted Flakes. I used to eat that for dinner sometimes with a few pieces of toast. That was many, many years ago :)

20. la

la A closet sap

I like Cheerios in tomato soup. Does that count ?