So, what's your PL process?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by renee82, Dec 5, 2013.

1. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

Yes!! I decided at the beginning of the year to pick one typewriter font for my weekly recaps and then one handwritten one for my notes on pages, etc. I may have to switch it up next year! LOL

2. grantandlaurensmom

grantandlaurensmom Well-Known Member

WOW … this has been such a great read! It's fun to read what everyone's different processes are.

I'm a completely digi gal. I've used the same BH templates for the whole year. Sometimes I'll change the card sizes a bit, but not often. I'll probably do the same template next year but I'll decide that at the last moment I'm sure!

I'm pretty focused (that's my nice word for it! LOL!), so I've stayed caught up. My weeks run from Sunday through Saturday. I get up earlier than the rest of the family so Sunday morning is my time to put my pages together. I tried to get all my photos downloaded on Saturday (from my iPhone and my DSLR), but if I didn't have a chance to do that I'll do that Sunday morning. Then Sunday morning I sit down and look through Picasa at my photos from the week. Sometimes I have a lot of photos, sometimes not so much. If I don't have as much I look through my FB and my daughter's Instagram, etc. for ideas. Sometimes emails too.
    Sometimes I know what kit I want to use for the week, other times I decide that after I get my photos all pulled in.

I really like the week in review card idea. I've never done that. I'm going to give that some thought for next year's pages.

I do make sure I do a decent amount of journaling on my pages. I like to remember the little stories. (My pages are really pretty busy - but I like that look for this project.) If my kids say things during the week that amuse (or annoy sometimes!) me I'll make sure to write that down. Those are some of my favorite tidbits from the week! A couple weeks ago I included my daughter's voicemail message on her phone. (Transcribed, not recorded.) I LOVED IT!

I print my PL in a bound book so I don't do the actually full sized 12x12 printing until the year is over. I plan to send my 2013 book off to print the first week of January. I do like to have something physical to look at so I print 6x12 smaller images at the bottom of my 12x12 pages at Costco. I really like to at least be able to look at some physical PL pages during the year. A lot of times they're sitting on my dining room table so I can glance at them. Messy … but I like it anyway!

I'm going to keep checking back .. I'm always on the lookout for good PL ideas!

3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

OMG... mine is so similar.

1. BUY all things.
    2. Go drag them over to Heather's house.
    3. Make my album cover
    4. Make some cards.
    5. get stuck!

4. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Do you all journal when making your LOs all at once? Or does anyone save text throughout the week? I'm thinking of using Ohlife or an app to get some words down each day.

5. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

i write things throughout the week in a book or on my phone then add them as I create the pages at the end of the week.

6. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

I jot down things during the week to keep track, and then I do my journaling all at once.

7. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

exactly - I think I am going to try and work on it on Thursday mornings as I am the only one home then

8. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

I do my journaling when I am making my LO's. I have never been good at writing things down each day. And I think if I did, I would have issues fitting everything in the album. I already have that problem sometimes with photos. I do need to get better at keeping up with the Weekly Recap cards. I used to add to them all week, but lately it has been more of a catch up a week or so later...

9. JuliettePerkins

JuliettePerkins I eat, sleep, breathe Apple.

I have a little recording system that works okay for me at the moment - I've got a notebook and a roller date stamp (that I picked up in the bargain bin at TKMaxx) with a pen and a tiny ink pad by my bed. If I don't get to my computer to upload my photos or write any journaling then I stamp the date in my notebook and scribble about our day before I go to bed.

For 2014, I'm also going to make a series of week number 'cards' to go on Instagram - so first thing on a Monday morning I can put a week marker picture between my instagrams. I've seen other people do this, and I wish I'd thought of it before!

I am so totally new to PL and scrapbooking that I'm really happy to read this read and to see how you hope to keep up :)

10. RebeccaH

Juliette, what a great idea to put the week number cards on instagram like that!

11. Heather Prins

oh good idea!

12. JuliettePerkins

Ohhh, I can't take credit though - there's lots of ladies doing this already out there. If I get myself organised enough I'll make a years worth of cards and pop them on my blog as a download or something, and link back here. If that's allowed, of course? :)

13. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Or you could just use Emily's week cards:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

or these from Paislee Press:
    [​IMG]

14. JuliettePerkins

Oooooh those Paislee Press week in review cards are lovely - thanks Karen!

15. Heather Prins

Next year I want use dates rather than weeks- I find the week thing confusing.

16. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Weeks is confusing for me as well... I use both so that I have a real frame of reference years from now.

17. RebeccaH

i use both also. i reference the week #, but then i put the date range next to the week #... if that makes sense?

18. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

I fully intend to make it further than 5 weeks in 2014. ;) We'll see. I want to keep it simpler this year. I want to use the same bg paper, one or 2 templates, edit pics the same, keep it super simple.

Again. We'll see.

19. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

And now I'm realizing how perfect it is that I read this thread today - I went over to peek on Amy's Project Grids and I see today is 25% off templates. :D I guess I'm shopping!!

20. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

In Europe, people use week numbers a lot and I don't remember anyone EVER referring to a week number in the States outside of PL. If you'd asked me a few years ago I'd have said weeks were confusing too but now, as long as they line up with the real week numbers, I'm fine with it.