Do you do Project Life in addition to Document Your December?

Discussion in 'Document Your December Layouts' started by Nixenkind, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Nixenkind

Nixenkind Dreaming of boiling in Brisbane.

I have thought about this all week and just can't decide. I would most likely use the same photos for PL as I do for DYD, so it doesn't make a lot of sense, especially since my DYD goes in the same album as my normal PL.
    At the moment I think I'm going to do DYD instead of PL... and I planned to do 31 days of december anyway, so I would have the whole month covered with DYD.
    How are you doing it?

2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'm doing both this year. This is my first year and I wasn't sure how things would pan out, but so far, my DYD pages have been solely about Christmas which means I have the rest of life to put in my PL pages. Not sure if I'm going to be able to maintain the Christmas only theme with my daily pages, but we'll see.

3. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

I do both... but my DYD isn't as detailed as my PL... my PL has more of the everyday stuff and my DYD has more of the holiday festivities... and I don't totally keep to the calendar in my DYD... some of my photos and memories are from November when we went to the tree lighting at the Opryland Hotel while visiting Nashville... I saved those photos of the Christmas lights for DYD and only posted pics of the family at Opryland in my PL...

I find that if I do DYD as more of a holiday celebration album and keep the other stuff in PL it makes me feel like I'm not duplicating things

4. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

I am doing both. My approach to DYD is a little different from the norm in that I am not documenting each day. Instead I group it by event (getting the tree, decorating, making cookies, etc...) Yes, there will be some overlap with my PL album, but it will be mostly pictures, and I won't be as detailed with the journaling in PL. And as others have said, I will try to focus more on the everyday stuff in PL to minimize the overlap. I have done it this way for a few years now and it seems to work fine.

5. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I really needed this thread today! I have been going back and forth about how tackle DYD without making it a repeat of my PL. Lisa, I really, really LOVE your idea of making it less chronological and more grouped. VERY fun!

6. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

My version of DYD is different too. Mine is based on my yearly 25 days of Christmas photos instead of documenting our day to day activities. So I also do PL for snapshots throughout Dec.

7. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

I put it all in my pl. I also put my pl pages in my yearly family album in chrono order with layouts. Keeping it simple.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  8. MissKim

MissKim ichthyophobic

PL instead of DYD. I did DYD the last 4 years but we are just too busy this month for me to do 2 projects and PL wins.

9. Nixenkind

Nixenkind Dreaming of boiling in Brisbane.

Hmmm, I think I might do the same... I just don't have enough Christmasy pics to sustain a DYD that's very different from my PL, so maybe I should just stick to my PL... I have to think about this a while longer...
    Thank you so much for your input!

10. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

i take a similar approach to Lisa - I don't document each day per se. I focus more on documenting the things that pertain to how we celebrate the Christmas season. It's not a day-by-day album.