So upset with Photobucket!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Pallavi01, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

I use Photobucket to share pics of My vacation, lil one...with family back home in India. Have used it a few times till now and things were fine.
    However, yesterday I was trying to share some pics through the 'email link' button and it confirmed that the emails are sent. But none of the recipients received it.
    So I manually sent the link through my email Id. Even then they coulnt access as Everybody got a message saying they can't access ...as the link is private. So I had to change the privacy setting then and made it public for a while.
    Now since last night I am getting random inappropriate messages!! Scared the daylights out of me... I changed the entire privacy setting immediately and made everything private...
    Even then I continued to receive a message this morning!
    I am going to just delete everything there now.
    Do you have any other website you use for sharing pics ... A safe .. No nonsense ....hassle free website?
    I don't want to post them on fb...

2. cherpea

cherpea Well-Known Member

I use DropBox... rather than being a photo sharing site it's a very private way to share photos and other large documents with friends and family around the world... I have to invite them to view the folder... they can then access all the images etc that you put in that particular folder saving them to their own computers should they wish...

could be worth checking out for you...

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I use the Shutterfly Share Sites for sharing with people. They will have to have an account with Shutterfly and you can set who is allowed to see your pictures. Then whenever you upload a batch of pictures, all the members of your site will get a weekly email telling them what you've uploaded. It's pretty slick and it's free! :) You can create multiple share sites too if you want one for sharing with family and one for sharing with friends or whatever.

4. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

you can post at Flickr, they changed their capacity to 1 terabyte...and ou can set your privacy to share your photos with family, but I think they need an account too....

5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

wow, I've never had a problem with photobucket, but that is just nasty that you are getting stuff.

6. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

Thanks girlies for your suggestions - I have an account in Dropbox and shutter fly but haven't use that for sharing pics yet.... Let me explore that ...
    Would these work for sharing my CT pages in the designer's forum , before the releases?

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I know shutterfly doesn't work for the CT pages. I think there's a site similar to Photobucket called tinypic that does the image hosting.

8. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I have nothing but problems with photobucket. I like Flickr for sharing.

9. charmedeebob

charmedeebob Heather's Team

I am anti-Photobucket now too. They auto-renewed my account and charged me even though I had disabled it; I didn't want to renew, their new upgrade is cumbersome and horrible. It took weeks to get a refund. I rarely use it anymore. I like Shutterfly and Flickr.

10. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

Do you use Facebook at all? You can make a private album there that only you can see and then use that for your CT pages.

11. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

I use zenfolio. they have different levels of service, but you can get 4GB for $30/year and unlimited storage for $60/year. I have been using them for years and love them. I started using them just to store and share my personal photos, but they also host my website. You can use my referral code for an additional 10% off. 9PV-AU7-QJZ

http://www.zenfolio.com