I AM NOT UP TO DATE with my SCRAPPING

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Dalis, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Today, I posted a page using pictures of well... today...

[​IMG]

I got a super cute comment from Pallavi.
    and... I giggled a bit. :compcoffee

Hun,
    I just want to say... in no shape or form am I close to be caught up! :whistle I just scrap whatever I am in the mood to scrap. :giggle Today it was this picture, I couldn't believe how perfect it went with the page that I started YESTERDAY with no idea in what pictures to add. Last night (and Heather can prove to this) I had this page with only papers on it. Then I took this picture and it just came together. I let myself scrap whatever I want in a moment. I know I will never be caught up, but I also know that whatever I DO scrap my daughter will treasure it forever. It is so liberating! :yippee

2. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

That is so cool :) I hope I am comfortable like that someday. I am looking for full time positions currently so I know my scrapping time is limited... Once I join work, it will be difficult to find time to scrap as much as I can now( which is not a whole lot by the way:) ) so at least want to get his year1 done before I start... So far I have made a small dent in year1 pics... And am happy about it but need to get a lot done....add to that that I have already made a list of 20odd concepts for year2 as well and he is only 18 months... So we are only half way through:) I think this catch up is gonna go on for some time now :) I AM scrapping the first page from year2 about a recent trip to Niagara... Believe me I am feeling a tad bit guilty! Haha:) but it goes perfectly with the journaling challenge so HAD to scrap:) enough rambling for today! :)

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

LOL Dalis! Super cute page! I can't believe you started it before you had those pictures! They are perfect together!

On the being caught up... I have been caught up twice and I really don't like it at all. When I would get time to scrap, I didn't have any pictures left in my "to scrap" list and I'd have a kit I wanted to play with and would have to go searching for something to scrap about. Having a backlog of scrapping is way better for the mojo!!

4. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

No such thing as "caught up" here. My scrapping is all over the place, whatever pics strike my fancy. 2002. 2013. 1977. Whatever. hehe...

I let go of chronology LONG ago :).

Great page, btw, Dalis. Super cute.

5. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

What is 'caught up'? I have huge albums of scrapbook layouts and I STILL look through the thousands of photos on my computer and think--how have I never scrapped those?

6. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

Super cute page!!!!! I am in no way, shape or form caught up either. Most of the pages I've been posting here are older ones. WAY OLDER! I scrap by inspiration too. But also, I take sooooo many photos that I don't think I'll ever be able to scrap them all. And that's okay. For me, scrapping is the journey not the end product. And anyway, I'm sure my boys will want to kill me after I die & they have to deal with all my real scrapbooks & digital files. Hee hee hee!

7. Dalis

and ladies... it's ok not to be caught up... or to be... or to scrap all over the place or in chronological order... that my sweet ladies is the BEAUTY of just doing it YOUR way.

8. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

True, true, Dalis!

9. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

I like to try and scrap the "major" events from each year in a timely manner, lol. That way I can print a book for each year for my family. But I still have stuff from last year to do and Emily's 1st year book to finish. Other than that, I just scrap whatever. I didn't really start scrapping a lot until the last two years or so, so I have TONS of pictures that still need to be scrapped from when Katelyn was little.

10. Brandy

Brandy I love, well, everything

Cute page! I don't think I ever started doing it chronological ... I knew it'd never last so I didn't even start that way ha!

11. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

yeah, I got caught up once...it was horrible! lol
    I like to be behind and have the pressure of getting it done hanging over my head...bwha aha ha

12. Pallavi01

Just reading all the posts .... I agree with the caught up bit :) I would hate to want to scrap and not have a pic to play with!!! Don't think I'm having that problem sometime soon :) yayyy! haha:)

13. Dalis

that's exactly what I thought... the pressure of being caught up... it isn't my cup of tea!

14. Dalis

I love major events too, but tend to have WAY too many pictures of MAIN events I pooped out having no idea how to use at least most.

15. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

Yeah, I have not scrapped our vacation from last summer yet because I am completely overwhelmed with the amount of pictures we took! I divided them by day and in folders and that's as far as I got, lol!

16. Pallavi01

Crazy that it is .... But it works for me! :)

17. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

I am also an all over the place scrapper, happy to do whatever takes me at the time. The one event I cannot scrap at the time is Christmas - once Christmas is done, I can't face scrapping it until the following year. But that gives me an excuse to get more christmas kits when I am in the mood -they coincide nicely...

18. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

:) I don't think I'll ever be caught up. My list is always growing and I have this crazy habit of going back and scanning old photos!

19. Dalis

I did that with our last vacation, still haven't scrapped it! LOL!!!! and the vacation before, I forgot my camera so no pics.

20. Dalis

I believe you, it's weird because I am pretty good at following a schedule. Schedules and due dates motivate me, well... usually! LOL!!!