To remember them...

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Dalis, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

This week has been really hard to us, and from it I was able to scrap an "in the moment" page. A page to try to put myself together by letting all my emotions go into a page. Of course it got me thinking how we see just a few pages "to remember our loss ones". I know that sometimes this is so hard to put into words. I am not a "pink & rainbow" scrapper, I try to scrap everything about my family... so I started searching the gallery. I found a few AMAZING tributes to "loss ones"... and they are being featured in TLP's BLOG today. Maybe your page is there, maybe be I missed it and couldn't find it. If your page is not on the blog, and you would like to share your page in this thread or the comments please do so. We would love to see them. :heartslub

2. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

there are some lovely pages there Dalis xo

3. Dalis

Very heartfelt ones!

4. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

Thanks for picking my layout, Dalis. I was surprised to see Grandma's face when reading it.

5. Dalis

I love your page Stacy, you made me cry!

6. naughtsncrosses

naughtsncrosses Active Member

Thank you for picking two of mine, Dalis - I'm with you, loss is important to be recorded, too. I'm sorry for your loss <big hug>

7. carrie

carrie I *heart* hearts!!

Dalis, I'm so sorry about your pup. We went through something similar last year about this time with our cat. Took her in for a check up only to find out she had tumor in her intestines and there was nothing that could be done. She passed 10 days later. ((hugs)) For me, scrapping has become a big part of the way I heal from any loss.

I think it's so important to scrap the hard stuff, so thank you for sharing with us.

8. Dalis

I think scrapping is so much cheaper than therapy, of course my hubby might not agree.

9. Brandy

Brandy I love, well, everything

Those are beautiful pages. I seem to get my best pages when they are full of raw emotions.

10. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

One of my favorite layouts (although not the best) was a page I did about around the time of my father's death 10 years ago. Basically, my mom went out to visit my dad who was dying from leukemia, she was on the plane to come home & was quietly mourning that it was probably the last time she'd see him (they were seperated but still friends). Well, this older woman was walking towards the back of the plane when she stopped suddenly next to my mom & sat down next to her. She was a minister (preacher, not sure which religion). She said that she was drawn to my mom for some reason. They talked about my father & the lady mentioned that she had fought cancer as well & survived. She actually gave my mom a necklace & told her to use it as her beacon of prayer for my father. She had to have been the guardian angel my mom truly needed at the time. Amazing. Sadly, my dad was too far gone & could not survive, but my mom carries this encounter with her forever.
    [​IMG]