Dear universe. I give up. You win.

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by la, Jan 7, 2013.

1. groenhop

groenhop Takes advice from 3 year olds.

I'm so sorry LA. Sounds like he has some personal things he needs to work out. Thinking about you!

2. julia

julia julia

WTF? I'm so sorry La, what a douchebag! I got rid of my cat for my ex, and I will never, NEVER do that again. I like Carly's thinking :)

Lots of hugs to both you and Ce!

3. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

I hope he's ok too chickie... I know that's part of why you won't be able to grieve or move on until you know for sure that he's ok and his demons aren't hurting him... well, they are hurting him if he's choosing to get rid of everyone in his life... but ykwim... It's hard to love someone and see those demons making him act not himself. It scares me that he doesn't seem to be going to anyone to talk it out, even a buddy, but choosing to just step away from everyone...

4. snaggletooth

snaggletooth Minnetonka? Momma? Either way.

He might be stepping away because he doesn't WANT to end up hurting people. He isn't realizing that stepping away IS hurting the people that love him and would be there to help. I can see his reasoning because I have done this. Just said F everyone and my life and friends and went into my own hole. What I didn't realize at the time is the impact and the hurt it caused the people that cared about or loved me. I did more damage by pushing everyone away for reasons that noone understood but me. If I would have stopped to think before I made such rash choices I would not have hurt the people I loved most or who cared about me most. Not sure if this makes sense to anyone but he will come to see that this hurt people more than staying and fighting his demons with help from the people that love him.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  5. jenny

jenny jenny

I feel terrible for you and Ce... (((big hugs)))

6. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I hope this doesn't come out sounding awful, but I hear hope in your voice and I want to tell you straight up... he's made his bed, tell him to go lie in it. You don't need that and even if he did only "temporarily" freak out, it will happen again. I had a boyfriend pull this once, and to this day, I fully believe he cared for me, but he freaked out. I had hope for a while, we'd still hang out here and there, we were still "together" and I stayed close with his mom. As time went on, turned out he was total trash. 3 or so years later, I passed him on the road in my little convertible car with the top down looking cute (as I did back then) and he wanted to meet up. I'd been dating Scott for nearly the entire 3 years, but still agreed. I got all ready that night to go wondering what would happen and then right before I left, I got really sick to my stomach and just didn't show up. I think that was fate preventing me from making a big mistake.

The right guy is out there and he won't pull this crap.

7. DoodleBop

DoodleBop Just call me Sweetcakes.

Oh no, La! I hate reading this. Seriously, boys/men are so dumb. I agree that it sounds like maybe a temporary freak out. However, whether or not you want to give him another chance is one of those big decisions. {{hugs}}

8. aballen

aballen Don't make me break out the milk

so sorry, La. (((Big hugs))) And remember that you are loved, :)

9. lingovise

lingovise Member

this just makes me so terribly sad for your beautiful little family unit (You & Ce). am truly sorry for the incredible amount of unneeded stress this will cause you both. know that you are loved and will be sending you loads of love & bigsquishy hugs ♥

10. Dana

Dana Dana

oh la - (((hugs))) - i'm so sad for you and ce ...

11. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

oh la im so sorry for you i really thought this was the one,big hugs sweetie