So we are nearing the end of the year

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by Heather Prins, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Heather Prins

Heather Prins Heather Prins

And I can't believe I've kept up with project life!! I struggled with it a bit now and again, but I love the pages. So of course I am going to do it next year, but I want to change it up a bit. I use a lot more instagrams so I want to adjust my templates to accommodate those. I want to journal more . What about you, what are your thoughts and feelings for next year?

2. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

I have kept up with it too, I'm working on week 47 now. This was my first year, digital, and it started as a 365 project but turned into project life. I try to take daily pictures but when I don't it's ok. I am definitely doing this again next year but with a mix of more templates. I know the kids will love looking back at these in the future and I do it for them mostly.

3. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I have done P365 for the second year in a row, but am considering changing to digital project life next year.

I have definitely had weeks where I have struggled getting the photos, but my boys so love looking through last years book that I definitely want to keep it up.

4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am late for DYD, I couldn't imagine doing a whole year of it. Sorry, I know I am of no help!

5. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

I have kept up with it all year too and I am so happy about that. It is so fun looking back through the book, and my hubby and son love it too. So yes, definitely doing it again. Mine is a hybrid using PL page protectors and while I considered going all digital I have decided to stick with hybrid. I feel like I finally have a good system for my workflow, so no real changes needed for me in 2013.

6. sucali

sucali sucali

I did half of the year hybrid, it worked good, but I felt so "unflexible" with the Page Protectors with the photo size.
    So in July I changed to digital...and I'm sooo behind...oooooh...I created tons of layouts, but with PL it was nothing...
    I think I will go back to a very simply hybrid PL next year. Printing the photos with my Selphy. Preparing the journaling cards and adding the journaling with a pen. I hope this will work...

7. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I think this will be my only year of traditional PL. Mine was pretty much photos, some journaling cards sprinkled in with the week cards the only thing really hybrid. Unfortunately, it felt more like a chore to me as time went on. I'm not sad I did it, it was a great year to document with my youngest graduating. I'll still use the divided protectors and the card type things in my normal albums, I'm sure.

I have decided to use this format to try to organize my heritage photos from my Grandmother's treasure box. I think it will work out very well for that. I might decided to do an ongoing PL type album but only when I want to, not designated by weeks or anything. I guess we'll see.

8. ang517

ang517 New Member

This was my first time doing PL & I did it in a P365 style. I started out w/design A & grid cards and used my stash & printables for everything else. Half-way through the year I couldn't hold back anymore and bought Clementine. I'm only a litte behind and I'm SO glad I did it in 2012. I'm REALLY looking forward to getting the Seafoam kit for 2013. My biggest change will be to move away from P365. I'm thinking of doing it "week in review" style (I really like the way Becky does it.) The way I see it WIR is similar to P365 but instead of being focused on a pic every single day I can just snap pics all week and it won't matter which day they are from.

I can't decide if I want to stick with design A (using others for any inserts) or change it up. I'm not really a "mix it up" kind of person - I want to have a plan for the plastics to use all year so this is going to take some thought. I do use a number of instagram shots, or just regular shots cropped to a square or circle - so I'm thinking of having each week be one design A & one design J - but I doubt I'll end up doing that. LOL I'm a symmetrcial kind of girl and I have a feeling that will bug me. :giggle

I'd love to know others' thoughts on the plastics.

9. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

I will keep going on a paper (+hybrid) album again. I will keep switching between different photo pocket pages. I think I might change photo style - adding a white border (still have to think this one out fully).

10. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

I'm hoping to continue (and hopefully do a better job next year) to do it hybrid. I think I've decided that I'm just going to use Design C (the one with 6 4x6 horizontal pockets) and keep everything uniform...too much choice this year with all the different size page protectors and pockets really made it more difficult for me than it needed to be. I'm so bad at making decisions..lol.

11. Tracyfish

Tracyfish President of the not-so-clean plate club

Well this year transitioned for me from using the kit to going pretty much all digital printed out and put in the page protectors. I just could not use the same color scheme ALL YEAR LONG.

While I loved doing it this year, I'm thinking of going all digital next year. When I did P365 that way it was just so much easier than having to go pick up the photos at Walmart. That is the part that is bugging me the most.

My only hesitation with that is that if I go that route again, I won't actually hold the album until the end of the year, whereas with PL this year my son and I can go through it and touch it.

hmmmm....I'm torn.

12. Heather Prins

yeah i am doing it all digital and I love it. Waiting for the album didn't bug me too much, its worth it to use all my yummy digital supplies!! Next year I am deciding about adding a colour behind my neutral bg paper or not and trying to figure out how to better incorporate instagrams. I also want to upload them here regularly to keep me on track!

13. scrappup32

scrappup32 Currently starring in Hoarders: Digi Disarray

Wow, it's great to hear everyone's thoughts about what they did this year, and what they plan to do next year. I am thinking about doing PL next year for the first time. My goal is to keep up with it and not fall behind, and to focus on the memories rather than the visual aspects of it. I hope to incorporate more journaling and everyday photos than what I normally incorporate on my pages, and to keep it low pressure and simple with the page design. We'll see if I can stick with it...

14. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

I am glad that I did it this year. I did not use much of the kit I purchased and I tended to use almost all 4x6 photo pockets - since I could easily print 4x6 photos on my printer. I liked being able to incorporate artifacts and tidbits from activities we did throughout the year (ticket stubs, art work, etc.). I was overwhelmed at one point when I fell several weeks behind, but now that I am caught up, I feel much better. Both my husband and kids have commented on how much they like the album and it is amazing to see all that we have done in only 1 year!! I am still undecided if I will do it again next year - but I definitely have enough supplies if I decide to :)

15. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

i'm on week 46. i have decided that next year i'm going to do it differently. i'm going to do 2 or 4 pages per month. so more like a round up. i felt like weekly was too hard for me with all my other commitments. i'm going to spend some time in the beginning of the year getting it all ready to print into a book - which will be so cool!

16. itsmeamanda

itsmeamanda New Member

I have loved Project Life this whole year. I look forward to working on it each week, and it's yet to feel like a chore. For me, that's huge. Now that I feel like I've found a style that suits me, I'm going to stick with it for 2013. Cannot WAIT! :)

17. Heather Prins

I am still deciding about the week to week way or a monthly system too.

18. mom2triplets04

mom2triplets04 Member

I still need to do week 39 and 40. Fell behind during the summer and when I went back to work. So I've been doing current pages and working backwards. 2013 will be year 5 for me with project 365 and luckily for Christmas I'm getting a new point and shoot camera since I lost my old one sometime this summer have been using my iphone for photos which really don't come out that well. I will probably do the project life digital format again since I really liked how I could add lots of journaling and still put 7 photos on the page.