Excluded from school for 2 days!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by karen perry, Nov 28, 2012.

1. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

so do i rant and rave or what ?

School rings and tells me Rhys has been in a fight,The child who never says boo to a goose and is excellent in school,the story the school gave me was that rhys called his nan something and she has cancer,the kid called me something then after form the kid punched rhys so rhys hit him back

The story i got of rhys was that this kid said something about me thats not worth repeating so rhys said the same back about his nan so tit for tat really then this kid after form threw a punch at rhys and rhys hit him back and rhys mates tried to stop it and rhys walked away,apparently this kid has already been in trouble for hitting 2 other kids there,so now he has to go into school an hour later and finish an hour later and be excluded from the rest of the school and i have a meeting on wednesday

So im cross that he has been excluded and have told him that it is bigger to walk away and all that but am i wrong in thinking that he isnt just gonna stand there and let someone hit him and the way the teacher said she had cancer which i know is sad but does this give the kid reason to say what he likes and throw punches,rhys uncle died of cancer a year back and he never went round being naughty
    Im shocked that he did retaliate to be honest it is so unlike him and now is on report for it

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  2. jojoma

jojoma Member

That situation sounds discouraging. Schools here in the states aren't able to use reasoning as a guide when there are altercations between students. Either everybody is wrong or right. Luckily, your kid has your support and understanding. You are blessed to take this opportunity to show him how much you respect his ability to use good judgement on his own and apply grace to the teacher who clearly is too sick and tired to try to muddle through this with common sense. I say go celebrate the holidays together during his time off.

3. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Dealing with the schools can be SO FRUSTRATING. I think they have to stick to "zero tolerance" and can't only suspend one kid no matter who started it/was at fault.

4. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

Ug it is always so frustrating in these types of situations. I know they have to do the zero tolerance thing here too. I guess it is good and bad.

5. twomoredays

twomoredays Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand

The frustrating thing about most school policies these days is that even if the teachers or administrators wanted to treat a situation differently (i.e. using their own wisdom), they can't without fearing for their own jobs. I"m sorry that your son is out of school! I hope some good comes from it.

6. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

he will be back in school tomorrow but excluded from lessons and in an hour later and home an hour earlier,i will get to have my say next week i suppose,i agree i dont condone violence but if this child has already hit 2 children im glad Rhys stuck up for himself in a way otherwise this child mite of decided to bully him