Trilogy's/series

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by karen perry, Nov 14, 2012.

1. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

Trilogy's/series

Is it only me that has a hard time with them when they leave a gap in writing them,I picked up the 3rd of guardian angels which I loved the other 2 ANC the 2nd of Sylvia days bared to you ant can't get into either and found it with other sequels like divergent haven't picked up insurgent cause I never can seem to remember what happened in first

2. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I know what you mean Karen - if it is too long a gap between publication I like to re-read the previous book just to remind myself what it was. But I much prefer reading a series all in a row, no breaks :)

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I usually won't even read a book of a series until they are all available so I can read them one after the other. I have no memory for the amount of books I read and have to re-read if I take a break between books in a series. :)

4. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

I have the same problem. I have started rereading the last few chapters of the previous book, or if that doesn't work, rereading the whole thing.

5. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I do like to read them one right after another too. For instance, I read Divergent when it came out and could hardly put it down and was so excited for Insurgent, but I spent most of Insurgent being so confused because I couldn't remember everything that happened in the first book. I think I will wait now until the last book is out and then start again from the beginning.

6. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I just finished the Bared to You and Reflected in You and it sucks that I have to wait til next year for the third book. I will probably read them again when the third is released.

7. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Oh...and I also hate that the JD Robb books only come out in hardback first with the paperbacks following like three months later. I don't want hardback! LOL!

8. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

Re: Trilogy's/series

I have this exact same problem. I have found that if I skim the book summaries and reviews at Goodreads it helps refresh my memory a bit, but I still feel a little lost if it's been a year or so between books. I've had better luck waiting for series to be over, but that's not possible for really long series (like Stephanie Plum or JD Robb)

9. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I hope JD Robb's series are never over...

10. kimbytx

kimbytx New Member

I end up rereading the book again when the sequel comes out. I cannot go that far inbetween. I never read Insurgent either. Did not feel like rereading Divergent so just have not done it. lol

11. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

thats the trouble i have that many books on my to read list that it begrudges me to go back and read the last one lol,i just havent got the time.maybe i should stop reading series till they are all out

12. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

No don't do that Karen .... sometimes its good to wait :)

My all time favourite series (apart from LOTR) is Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series which I have been reading since 1990 and the series isn't finished yet! Mind you the poor guy passed away a few years ago so it's not HIS fault ...... Brandon Sanderson has been writing the final 3 books with the LAST installment due out very soon. I think after all this time I am going to be heartbroken that it is finally over .... I've been reading these books nearly half my life! I HAVE to read the book before because teh plot is so complicated its hard to remember who is on whose side for the final battle!

13. julia

julia julia

I know what you mean, I've read Insurgent and Divergent and think I might have to re-read Divergent before the last book. I also am waiting for the next book in the Immortal Instruments series and now I started another series, the first book called Enclave. I think there's 2 books in this series so far, but not sure if it's only a triology or if there's more to come. At the same time, I'm really enjoying getting to know my characters and love series because of this.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  14. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

Problem is, if the author is a mid-lister, if the books aren't selling like the publisher thinks they should, they cancel the series--they're like a network that way. I've had two series cancelled on me like that. Fortunately so far, one of the writers has found a new publisher who has published the last book in the series (a light, very fun New York/Texas magic series). The other, far as I know, hasn't found a publisher to continue his excellent series (20,000 Palaces series by Harry Connolly). At least it was left off at a decent place.

So if I'm into a series, I buy it as it comes out, if it's a new series.

15. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

I'm the same. I didn't read twilight till they were all out. Same with the fever series. I hate when I read one and love it and then have to wait, so I just don't read them in advance anymore.