IRL

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Katarina, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I'm meaner IRL, lol...
    No really I am pretty much what you see here.

2. Keely~B

Keely~B Klicker That Just Klicks

I think I'm pretty much the same. I'm pretty much quiet until you get to know me, I have a lot of opinions but I tend to keep them to myself. I've heard differing opinions from digi-peeps I've met IRL LOL

3. Laura

Laura Member

i'm loud and obnoxious everywhere. i like to talk.

4. misserin

misserin New Member

I think I'm pretty much the same. Although, I have some anxiety issues too, Kat, so I'd be a little shy first meeting someone. I try to come off like I'm all outgoing....like no one believes I'm shy like ever, but I am. I laugh a lot and talk real nicey nicey and way too fast when I first meet people haha.

5. Katarina

Katarina Heather's Team

Erin, if we ever do get to meet {since you live so close to me}, we'll prolly just be sitting there, to shy to talk to each other! :p

6. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Depends.

If I met one or two of you IRL and/or had 'known' you awhile online, I don't think you'd notice a difference.

If it was a large group of scrappers and especially if they were scrappers I didn't know as well or who knew each other really well, I would be pretty quiet. I'm not shy, but I'm very insecure, and this kicks into overdrive the more women are in the room & the more I compare myself to them and judge myself as coming up short.

7. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

This! I'm like Kim :)

8. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Add me to the much, much quieter in person group! It's not shyness in particular; I'm just more of a listener, and I'm a little too patient in waiting my turn in a conversation. If there's more than one other person, that "turn" doesn't tend to come too often. LOL

I don't really edit myself for online posting though. This is pretty much the way I talk on those occasions that I actually open my mouth. There are a few phrases I use when posting that I don't actually say in person though – like I tend to type "y'all", but I don't normally say it, and I often type "oh my goodness", which I don't think I've ever said IRL. :giggle