Holy Moses! I'm a new MAC girl!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Leah, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Gina

Gina Some women fear the fire. Some women become it.

Sorry guys. You know I am bad with forum replying. :giggle

Here is how you can get the IKEA desktop. Don't worry that the link isn't in English. CLICK

Follow the steps I listed in my post above to paste the various storage containers onto your folders.

RE: Time Machine: I don't use it which might be terrible of me, I don't know. lol So I can't help with that! I back-up to EHD, pics go to disc and SmugMug too. I used to use Mozy which did automatic backups right from my MAC but haven't in a while. Basically, I am very manual. I don't like relying on programs to back up for me. So I don't know if that's right or wrong but even when I try to use auto-programs, it always comes back to me feeling best when I just do it the old fashioned way myself.

RE: Lightroom: I am pretty sure that's going to be just like PS and you will need to download a MAC copy. I guess you'd want to check with Adobe. I think I re-purchased mine since I was upgrading the version anyway but I am not sure if you need to do that.

RE: Full screen in PS: I go to Window -> Options and my gray background comes up. I may have set that up when I first got my MAC though so if that isn't helping you, let me know and I'll see what else I can find. I hated the floating PS windows in my main desktop screen. I need to be in PS without any folder distractions.

I do remember setting it up where the windows are floating individually and not stuck together if that makes sense. I hated that option too. :giggle There is something you need to check to make it display like that. Again, I did this 2+ years ago so I'd have to go digging for you. I can tell you that if I have a bunch of windows open in PS and want to minimize the entire PS screen, I go to Window -> Arrange -> Consolidate All To Tabs. Then I can minimize everything at once instead of a bunch of individual files. Then when I maximize the PS window again, I set up a shortcut to split everything off into their own window. The long way to do that is Window -> Arrange -> Float All In Windows.

:yesss

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  2. Ursula Schneider

Ursula Schneider New Member

Lucky you! I've always wished for a MAC but the expense of switching with all the software scares me off every time.