My Poor Little Guy

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by RebeccaH, Aug 20, 2011.

1. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Let me start this story by saying my DH has been in a foul mood this weekend. He's very tired. He's been working crazy hours. He's had 'corproate' in all week scrutinizing his and his staff's every move. He had more work to do still today. and to top it all off my mother came to visit last night/today, which means she spent the night here & was here this morning while we were all trying to get up very early for a football game that started at 8:00 am. ya, not a good combo.

so tonight the boys each got a shower to get ready for bed. sebastian showered in our master bathroom so they could both shower at the same time (you know, one in one bathroom, one in the other) - saves me some time that way so i can get to meagan's bath more quickly.

well, as he was getting dressed, his foot got tangled in his pj pants, he fell over, and caught himself on the towel bar, which resulted in pulling the towel bar off the wall and leaving a huge hole / tear in the drywall.

sebastian was beside himself. he came to me crying and the first thing he said was 'I'm sorry" and then started crying all over again. so then when we had to tell DH about it, he went into this rant about how he's never buying anything nice for our family ever again! he bought us a house and we destroy it. he bought us a van and it's filthy (which is not at all true... there are like a few fuzzies on the ground and the typical tracking dirt that comes from hauling 3 kids around... no food crumbs, no toys, no trash, nothing.)

so then he bans the boys from ever using our bathroom for anything. like that is going to solve anything. it is just going to make things go slower for showers and bedtime. so really he just made MY life more difficult because the good Lord knows that man does not have any part in the bedtime routine.

I'm just steaming right now. I'm mad that he's mad at Sebastian for a total mistake that he felt horrible about, took responsibility for on his own, and appologized fervantly for. I'm mad that he went all Rambo and just started spouting off every thing that's ever made him mad. I'm mad that he blows things (i.e. van fuzzies) so crazy out of proportion like that. I'm mad that he dished out consequences without consulting anyone but himself on the matter. Gaaaah!!! I just feel like letting out one good long scream! :hissy

So there, it's (sort of) off my chest. I shall get over this soon. I'm not the kind of person to stay mad. But still.
    :carryon

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  2. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Aw, poor Sebastian - I would have expected that everyone should have been worried that he could have been seriously hurt. :( Poor little guy - is he confused why he got grief after owning up to what really was an accident, and not a mistake?

That's the one that would get me. I pull out the "Are you kidding me?" look whenever mine has "a moment", and then he realizes that he shouldn't be dealing with things when he is ticked off.

3. wyowomanKristin

wyowomanKristin A Rainbow of Colors

4. Beckie

Beckie Active Member

so sorry girl. And we're the ones who are supposed to be emotional?! my DH gets the same way :(

5. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

{{{HUGS}}} Been there hun. I know it's so hard for my hubby to come home to messes and more work for him, and I know he would have reacted the exact same way (I feel like I have even heard some of those same words before!) I am sure it just felt good to rant about it - I know it always does for me. Hope you all get some good sleep, and that your hubby's week next week goes a bit better. Hugs to your son too, luckily he will always love his Daddy, and likely won't even remember this in a day or so! That's what I love about little kids!

6. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

I have sooooooooooooo been there too. Garret works such crazy hours and he gets just like this when he's coming off of nights. :( I too hope your hubby has a better week next week so that this doesn't happen again!

7. nativescrapper

nativescrapper nativescrapper

I know exactly how you feel. Hope your hubby is in a better mood tomorrow.

8. shades of bliss

shades of bliss bolʹshie koshki

I've been there too sweetie. You totally have my sympathy. I can always tell when my DH's neck is killing him, cause it's like walking on egg shells sometimes.

Hopefully DH will be in a better mood tomorrow when you tell him what an a$$ he was last night. The sad thing really about this is what it says to Sebastian. I am constantly having to remind my oldest son that we do not get what we want with tantrums, even when his Dad throws them.

9. cherryberry

cherryberry Hottie Patottie!

Oh I am so sorry Rebecca. That doesn't sound like a nice Saturday evening at all. Poor Sebastian. Maybe when DH has calmed down a bit he can talk to him and tell him how right it was of him to own up and it was just Daddy in a bad mood rather than what he did that caused the uproar. I should take a picture of one of our bathrooms - it would make you laugh. It has uneven gross putty all over the wall from the several times our boys have pulled the towel rack off the wall (and not owned up to it btw). LOL

PS: sounds like you need to talk to DH about who's CEO of the house. My DH is well aware and would never think of dishing out a punishment without consulting with me. :giggle

10. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

I'm so sorry Rebecca. Hugs to your little guy too...that's so hard. Once again, your dh sounds just like me. So scary, isn't it?

11. Karah

Karah Karah

Wait - are we married to the same man???

Because I could have typed that post. LOL.

I'm sorry, Rebecca - I have SO been there (um like 5 days ago HAHAHA)!!!

12. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

:wub
    i luv u girls! is it bad that i'm glad i'm not alone in this junk?! :giggle
    well he did calm down. we think we might even have a solution to be able to cover it up and re-hang the towel bar without having to cut and patch drywall.

my biggest concern is what we just managed to teach our child last night. with a towel bar we taught him NOT to come forward and be honest when he has made a mistake or done something he knows we won't like. Nice. So the teenage years... well, let's hope we can rectify the situation and show some better parenting next time around.