Japan

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Karah, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Karah

Karah Karah

Wow, this is unreal.

We have several friends (missionaries) in Japan right now. They have all posted on FB that they are ok - except that one of them (my former youth pastor) said they haven't been able to get in touch with their son yet ... he is 11 and goes to school (by train) over an hour away and all phone lines and trains are down. He seems fairly confident that his son is ok, but please pray that they will be reunited soon! As a mom with a kid the same age, I can't imagine what they are going through.

2. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

I will definitely lift them up in prayer, sweetie! What a terrifying situation...so heartbreaking to hear the news coming out of Japan. I hope and pray for all those impacted. ♥

3. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

It's so terrible! There were a zillion US sailors in town today; turns out they are stationed in Japan and had to anchor here to wait out the tsunami before they can get back. : ( Their families are still there. Poor guys.

We're under a tsunami warning. They evacuated the beach across the street from us; it's usually full of people on a Friday night, but tonight it's just eerie and dark. I don't think we'll get hit; we are blocked by the Philippines, but the govt. is being really careful.

The photos of Japan are heart wrenching. I hope your friends hear from their son soon Karah!

4. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

praying for your friends' son, Karah. That is so scary. We have several missionary friends there too, but just saw on Facebook that they are all okay, just a little shaken up.

Kellie, I hope that the storms avoid you. Praying for you as well!

Doesn't Lili live in Japan? Has anyone heard from her?

5. renee82

renee82 renee82

I'm just hearing about this right now as we're getting ready for school... I hope and pray that they find him safe and sound! What a devestating situation...

6. talktoheather

talktoheather The 102nd Dalmatian.

oh goodness, what a mess. i hope you hear back soon karah. and kellie i hope you guys stay safe. my brother lives in hawaii, i wish it were not 2 in the morning there. i texted him. but i guess, he is asleep. sigh. because otherwise he would text me back. i guess it's the waiting game now? i think he is up high enough. but the fact that it stretches all the way to 'the mainland' freaks me out a bit. happy thoughts! happy thoughts!

7. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

im praying for your friend karah and my thoughts are with the whole of japan

8. shades of bliss

shades of bliss bolʹshie koshki

Oh I so pray for everyone effected!! There are so many. This is so sad and so scary!!

9. cherryberry

cherryberry Hottie Patottie!

I hope they find him soon. It's so devastating!

10. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

Lili posted on FB...she's ok. ♥

It's all so devastating. Praying for all those who are still awaiting word and all those impacted.

11. colleen

colleen Happy to be home!

That's horrible! Hope your friend finds their son soon!

12. Ana.Paula

Ana.Paula Ana.Paula

it´s soooooooo sad....
    hope your friends heard from their son...
    praying for japan

13. 1girl1boy

1girl1boy Miss Glee!

praying for all those affected in any way by this event.

14. Karah

Karah Karah

Our friends got the call last night (or email? Not sure since phone lines were down) that all parents had to come get their kids ... so our friend borrowed a car to go get their son but at last update he was sitting in parking lot-traffic for going on four hours and we haven't gotten another update since. Thank you all for your prayers!!!

15. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

I'm praying for everyone in Japan too. The videos coming from that region are horrifying.

Karah - I hope your friends are reunited with their son soon.

16. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

What devestation -praying for all of those impacted.

17. Lili

Lili Lili

I hope everything is ok with your friends, Karah!
    Luckily our area wasn't really affected. We felt the quake it wasn't strong.

18. Karah

Karah Karah

Our friends did finally get to their son - it took over four hours for them to drive 15 miles. And then the same to get back home. But they are all safe and all together!

19. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

Karah I'm so glad that they are safe

20. estir_bune

estir_bune Guest

Oh man... I can't imagine.... I have been keeping Japan, and all the coastal areas in my thoughts and prayers...