MOC or Disneyland ...

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by tjscraps, Dec 1, 2022.

1. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

We booked a trip to Disneyland (my first!), as a present for our family for Christmas - in 2018/19 we started a theory of DOING things instead of buying THINGS for presents, and the pandemic kinda of made that go by the wayside.

Anyways - I just realized today that the dates we picked (Jan 29-Feb 4) for our trip are the last few days of MOC (boo!!), AND the first few days that I get to be a Guest Polly. ACK! I know it'll be a trip of a lifetime ... but wonder if I'd get divorced if I told hubby I had to bring my computer lol!!!

jk703, bestcee, Angela Toucan and 2 others like this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

That’s my favorite week to go to Disneyland! I hope you love it. :) I took my laptop one year to try to finish MOC but I didn’t finish and was super bummed. Disneyland is worth it though.

tjscraps likes this.
  3. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

DISNEY over EVERYTHING!

tjscraps likes this.
  4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Lol! The struggle is real. I would probably be wanting to take my laptop too, but I know whenever I do that I never have time to scrap while on vacation. Enjoy your trip!

tjscraps likes this.
  5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Hmmm... I'd take my laptop because I actually did get some journaling and such done when I went to Disney World with my siblings (I was paper scrapping at that time). The 9 year old and down ended up with a mid afternoon nap (so did dad and mom!), and then we headed back to the park to close it down. I mean, if your computer doesn't take up a lot of room.... why not take it? The worst that happens is you don't use it.

6. tjscraps

Why is that your favourite week? Just curious :) It was the only week that worked for dh at work right now

umyesh likes this.
  7. tjscraps

It's a sore spot with hubby whenever I take it on holiday ... so it will stay home. I will have my phone, and I use a memory keeping app for journaling (Day One), but I just won't have Photoshop or any scrapping supplies.

bestcee likes this.
  8. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

It’s my favorite week because it’s not busy and not hot.

tjscraps likes this.
  9. tjscraps

Our average high in February is 29'F, and the average low is 2'F. Google tells me that Disneyland temps at that time average 50 to 68'. We will think it's very nice out lol Glad to hear it is not a busy time though too!!

10. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

For me it would be no contest.....given I live about 12+ hours and $2000+ flight away I'd prioritize Disney over anything and just take notes and photos while you enjoy yourself. I know when I've lugged my laptop away with intentions of using it I just haven't bothered to so it ends up being a waste of effort to lug it around in airports etc.

tjscraps likes this.
  11. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Definitely Disney! But I've brought my computer on almost all of our vacations. I'm usually up later than everyone else (on vacation and at home) so many nights I can squeeze in a little scrapping if I want to. And if not, then the laptop just stays in my backpack.

If you want to try to scrap without it, try the Project Life App with journal cards and papers from TLP on your phone. With the new focus of MOC, maybe you'll be able to scrap the last few challenges simply and quickly like that. Might even be good for waiting in long Disney lines!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
  12. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Disney. With the change in MOC rules, you do not have to complete every day to be eligible for some of the prizes.

13. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Oh, go and enjoy yourself. I’ll be going to Universal Orlando for 5 days in January (attending the Harry Potter Uncelebration) and I’m not regretting the decision at all. Scrapping will always be there. Taking a planned vacation with your family won’t. Enjoy your time!

14. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

I would NEVER miss a chance to go to Disneyland!