Slow Scrap 6.6

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by bestcee, Jun 6, 2022.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I have been busying driving back and forth to band practice, so let's have a music themed slow scrap today!

In a change of pace, we are starting out of order.

1. The title is going to be a song title or part of a song title. Feel free to be creative! Disney songs have some great starting points like "We don't talk about..." (Encanto) or "Part of your world" (Little Mermaid) or look to musicals. Into the Woods has the fabulous "Agony" song and that can go for many pages! The Beatles have an amazing list of song titles. Pick a song title to have some fun!

2. Now it's time to get some journaling to go with that title. Add at least 3 sentences. As always, I love a story, so feel free to add as much journaling as you need to tell the story!

3. Photo time! Do you have a photo to go with your song title? Good. You only need 1 photo. You may have up to 3 photos.

4. Paper time! Add at least 3 papers. You can add more, but a minimum of 3.

5. Since we started with a song title, let's add 3 music elements. This can be music notes, music instruments, radios, music players, headphones, anything music related. If you can tell me how it's music related, I'll take it! I'm not super picky.

6. Add a fastener to a photo. Tape, staples, brads, stitches, anything that is a fastener to hold your photo on the page. If you used more than 1 photo, you can fasten them all if you'd like, but you only must fasten 1 photo.

7. Time for the finishing touches! Add anything else your page needs to finish it up. Splash of paint, journal card, whatever makes it yours without ignoring the instructions above.

Don't forget to tell me what your song title is when you post your page.

Layouts are due by 6.7 1pm EDT/10pm PDT

Please post your completed layout in The Lilypad gallery. GALLERY RULES: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.

marilyn @mcurtt Pulled this list from the store if you need help finding some music elements in your stash: https://the-lilypad.com/store/searc...price_max=60&by_fulldescr=on&by_shortdescr=on

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
    mcurtt, Ferdy and G.J. like this.
  2. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

My song is, You Light Up My Life. Thanks for the fun chat and scrap.
    [​IMG]

3. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

Ok, I know I said in the chat that I would do this layout tomorrow ... but I was just going to start on it ... and then all of a sudden it was finished. LOL

I picked the song In My Life by The Beatles.

[​IMG]

Translation of the Swedish journaling:
    This is one of my absolute favorites of Beatles' song. The lyrics are to incredibly beautiful and the melody so frail and lovely. Every time I hear it, my thoughts take me on a trip down memory lane, memories of people I've known, and places I've seen. And just like John Lennon is singing, I've never loved anyone more than you.

(Oh, and I found a musical note in the All About Me collab kit.)

Thanks for a fun chat & challenge!

4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Courtney, I needed more photos but if you only look at the left side of this two page spread, the left page alone follows all of your steps. You might say that for the last step, I added an entire second page (though I actually made the entire layout at once). :D

My three musical elements are the scatter, a paper with music score blended into the blue paper (not counted among the 3 required papers), and the blue paint, which has a few musical elements in it if you look closely. I didn't count the washi tape for that step because I used it for the fastener step.

My song inspiration is Our House by Madness and I found a house shape with that title on it in Kim Jensen's Putting Down Roots kit! On the left side alone, I wrote 5 sentences.

[​IMG]

tanteva likes this.
  5. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Thanks for hosting, @bestcee. I'm glad I remembered to attend.

I went with a song done by Cat Stevens in 1971 - Morning has Broken. But when I "googled" it, I found out it was a Christian hymn, first published in 1931. I've included the song lyrics and blended them into the main background.

My three musical elements: 2 different note brads and the wavy staff down at the bottom right.

[​IMG]

tanteva likes this.
  6. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

My title is "Happiness", which is the title of this song by Sami Yusuf - an Islamic singer/songwriter. You can google it to listen to the song. Sami Yusuf has a distinctive style of producing calming, deep, spiritual songs which I find therapeutic to listen to. My 3 musical elements are: musical note sheets (repeated), headphone, & musical note sticker.

[​IMG]

7. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

My song title is Under the Boardwalk by the Drifters then I used a line from the song to focus on my topic of carousels.
    [​IMG]

8. Janelle12

Janelle12 Well-Known Member

My layout is based on the song "Swing" by Trace Adkins. Thank you for the chat!

Swing-Batter-Batter.jpg

9. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

song Sixx A.M. --life is beautiful
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  10. AnnaB

AnnaB Well-Known Member

11. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for the chat & scrap. Here's my page.
    [​IMG]

12. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Thank you so much for hosting and the instructions, here's my take, full credits in gallery. Wishing you a wonderful day!
    [​IMG]