Speed Scrap May 17

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Karen, May 17, 2022.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Hello and good evening!! We will be starting a chat in just a few minutes and I will be handing out steps for a speed scrap. You will have until 10:00 pm ET tonight to complete your page following my steps to earn yourself a fun little prize. :agree

STEPS:

ONE – We will be starting with a dark background paper. I’m thinking black or dark grey, dark brown, but anything darker than you normal use will work. Be bold!

TWO – Add 1 photo anywhere on your paper and add a white border or very light colored paper mat behind the photo. A B&W photo might add great contrast, but is not required.

THREE – Next we are going to create a visual row or column on our page. Add at least two small paper strips on two edges of the page in line with your photo, but not touching the photo. You made add them on the top edge and bottom edge of the page (to create a visual column) OR to the right edge and left edge (to create a visual row across the page). Think of paper strips about the same length as your photo.

FOUR – Now we are going to fill the white space between the photo and the paper strips on the edges of the page to create visual movement across the page. First, add some journaling and/or a title between the photo and paper strips.

FIVE – Next add at least one paint stroke or paint splatter and one stamp or brush in a contrasting color on the background.

SIX – Add at least one small element on top of each area of paper strips. It would be better to add uneven amounts, for instance 1 element on one stack of paper strips and two elements on the other.

SEVEN – Finish the page off with at least 3 elements (foliage, strings, scatter, etc) tucked under your photo and at least 1 element on top of your photo. You may add a date and any additional elements that you’d like, but they are not required.

-----------
    Please post your completed layout in The Lilypad gallery. GALLERY RULES: Layouts must contain at least 50% TLP products. (Templates count as 15%.) Uploads must be less than 250k. List all credits; no off-site linking allowed.
    ----------

Once you complete your layout following my steps, please post your layout in the Speed Scraps Gallery and then post it here in this thread so I make sure to leave you some love and get your prize to you. :agree

ETA: Here's the fabulous layout by @sucali that I used for my steps:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  2. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

4. jang

jang Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Thanks for the chat and scrap.
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  5. AnnaB

AnnaB Well-Known Member

6. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I finished!

[​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  7. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Fabulous pages everyone! I love them all! I'm always so impressed how you guys can make such great pages for speed scraps. When I do a speed scrap you can totally tell I was rushed. :giggle I've sent out prizes to everyone, so check your inboxes. :agree I also added the fabulous layout by @sucali that I used for inspiration in the original post.

mcurtt likes this.