Water | Pad Patter 3.27

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Mar 27, 2022.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I am really working on drinking more water every day (after morning coffee, of course :giggle) and I bought one of those water bottles that has the times of the day with the ounces marked on it. My school put in water bottle fillers on all the fountains last year (thanks Covid) and that helps a lot! For home, I typically buy bottled water and usually whatever the grocery store has on sale for a huge package. I don't ever really add anything to it except some lemon juice. I'm not a big fan of sparkling water, with the exception being Topo Chico. It's my favorite, but kind of expensive. So I'm kind of curious...

Do you drink a lot of water?
    Bottled or tap? Filtered?
    Sparkling or no?
    Flavored?

2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Do you drink a lot of water? Yes, I try for 10-12 glasses but usually do at least 8
    Bottled or tap? Filtered? Bottled for walking the dog and when going somewhere (extras) + filtered tap water in my Hydroflask
    Sparkling or no? No - when I quit drinking sodas, I grew to dislike all carbonation
    Flavored? No - just a good filtered water please

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I drink a lot of water. It's almost exclusively my only drink. (Occasionally I like lemonade, and even more rarely I'll drink other juices).

Mostly I drink the water that comes out of my kitchen tap, filtered through a countertop filter.

Not sparkling, nor flavored.

I carry a 32oz water bottle with me to work (school), drink whenever I feel thirsty (which is about every hour or two), and it's usually mostly gone by the end of the day. At home, I keep a big mug of water nearby all the time and I estimate I refill it a few times a day. I also eat a lot of fruit, especially oranges, so I think I get a bit of my water from my food.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I need to drink much more water and much less Pepsi.

Memaw2Wm and IntenseMagic like this.
  5. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I actually have a hard time drinking water. At one point in my life, I would throw up after drinking a lot of it. 15 years ago when I worked with a trainer at the gym, I had that problem. I had to put some flavoring in it to even get it down. My packet of choice with the trainer's blessing was Crystal Light packets (about 1/2 packet per bottle). Then I had the problem of my lips tingling whenever I drank it.

So bottom line is, no I don't drink lots of water. I do try when I'm walking to have a bottle with me (8oz Nestle Pure Life) to take sips if needed. I have cut back on the amount of Dr Pepper I drink. I keep pink lemonade and apple juice in my fridge so I have other drinks available.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Do you drink a lot of water? easily my 2liters per day
    Bottled or tap? Filtered? filtered, at room temperature 500mls at a time
    Sparkling or no? Not my favourite, no. I prefer still but can drink it if I have to.
    Flavored? I can enjoy this as much as a juice on a hot summers day.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm thinking I need to look into some sort of filter for my tap water. I would prefer to not use as many bottles.

Mine is a 32oz as well. Some days I fill it twice, some days not as much. I probably need to invest in a countertop filter and ditch the plastic bottles.

That was me. I have cut out all regular soda and treat myself occasionally with a Coke Zero :)

I get it! It's just been recently that I really started drinking any water at all.

Oooh I can't do room temp water at all. It has to be ice cold with ice lol. But, yeah, I think I'd rather have water than juice most of the time!

8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Do you drink a lot of water? I'm lucky - I LOVE water!! There's nothing else that quenches my thirst.
    Bottled or tap? Filtered? We have a filter on our tap that's SO good. I also drink bottled when I'm going out. I always take something (either a container of our filtered tap water or a bottle of water when I go out.)
    Sparkling or no? No
    Flavored? No

9. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

ditto except my vices are Diet Coke and iced tea!

10. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I am drinking more just because I’m trying to get my husband to drink more. I’m always drinking something. I can drink plain ordinary tap water. I do drink coffee, Diet Coke, and hot or iced tea too. Oh yeah wine, can’t forget the wine.

jk703 likes this.
  11. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Yes lots. I drink mostly bottled still water ( because tap water here tastes horrible, but it is ok when boiled. )
    Don't like soft drinks much, far to sweet. but in summer I have carbonated water with some fresh lemon for a change.

12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am the worst at drinking enough water. Diet Coke is definitely my vice. I used to be so good about bringing an insulated cup of ice water to work each day, but I got out of the habit somewhere along the line and now I grab a Diet Coke in the morning instead. I'll get home and realize I haven't had any water yet. Ugh.

jk703 likes this.
  13. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

When I focus on eating right and exercising, I do drink a lot. The water here in the Phoenix area tastes terrible so we have a reverse osmosis system that I use for my water. I got a SodaStream for my birthday so sometimes I will use that to make sparkling water (just plain) and for a while I was kind of hooked on that. But, to be honest, it made me dislike regular water and I didn't want to get into that habit so I switched back and now only have sparkling water once in a while.

14. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Do you drink a lot of water? Yes, I take 7 antihistamines a day for these stupid hives I've had for 2 months with no relief. Those make me SOOOO thirsty & generally dried out!

Bottled or tap? Filtered? At home, tap from faucet or sometimes filtered through the fridge. Our water here in WA state is always so good! ;) When away from home, bottled (or filtered from work fridge!)

Sparkling or no? I love sparkling flavored water- not just sparkling plain- like la Croix & all those other brands...
    Flavored? Yep- but not the juice ones...

15. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Do you drink a lot of water? Yes, but still not as much as I should. I love my Diet Pepsi and my Diet Ginger Ale.
    Bottled or tap? Filtered? I prefer filtered. We have a Brita container in the fridge.
    Sparkling or no? No
    Flavored? No

My filtered water also should be cold from the fridge and also put over ice. I like my water very, very cold.

16. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

I pretty much only drink water. Occasionally tea. I don't know that I drink as much as I really should, but I do drink it regularly throughout the day. We have a Berkey and I drink water filtered with that. Sometimes I'll drink Fiji water. Never straight from the tap because our local water is not very awesome. I will also occasionally drink Pellegrino sparkling water, but not flavored.

17. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Do you drink a lot of water? Yes...and coffee. I quit diet soda at the beginning of this year.
    Bottled or tap? Filtered? I carry around a bottle and fill it from the tap.
    Sparkling or no? I do drink one can of sparkling water a day.
    Flavored? No

18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Do you drink a lot of water? Yes! I'm actually in a drink water challenge, so I know I'm averaging 90-96 ounces a day (2.6 - 2.8 Liters)
    Bottled or tap? Filtered? Tap. Well, tap coming through the fridge filter. With lots of ice.
    Sparkling or no? Nope! Just cold and ice.
    Flavored? Nope. If I've having flavor and/or carbonation - it's soda.

We take water everywhere with us. I have a water bottle I love, that fits in the car holder so it's easy to bring. It's metal, so heavier, but because of the metal, it stays super cold! Which means I drink more. We bought Sharon reusable water bottles that look like the plastic reusable ones. They are heavier than disposable ones, but I dislike disposable ones. We even have a 'water bottle backpack'. It's a smaller one, and we can fit all 4 water bottles, plus a tiny snack like licorice, into the backpack. It's perfect for trips to the zoo and such.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  19. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I don't really like drinking water unless I'm really thirsty. It has to be not too cold too, lol! I'm strange.

So, I have a schedule so that I drink my 8 glasses a day! :hide I already messed up today. lol! But, I'll gain it back later! I find that my scheduling the water and making it a game, makes me a better water drinker!

I usually wake up and gave a glass of water around 7am. Pry about 16-20 oz.
    Then I have 2 glasses of tea by 10am.
    Then one water bottle by 12 noon at work. Container is 16oz.
    Another water bottle by 2pm, mostly at lunch.
    Work on another water bottle by 6pm.
    If I missed any or I'm thirsty, then I have those until I'm at 8 cups.
    I do usually have a glass of water before bed so that I feel full and sleep better.

Then, my reward for drinking all that water is Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi, or Diet Raspberry Iced Tea. :giggle

20. Becca Bonneville

Becca Bonneville Oh my God Becky

Do you drink a lot of water? No
    Bottled or tap? Filtered? Bottled
    Sparkling or no? Nope
    Flavored? Nope

I am TERRIBLE at drinking anything really. I like to have a Bai and usually only have like 2 of those a day. Then I TRY to drink water but I really don't drink much of anything. My oldest son says he doesn't know how I am alive with how little I drink haha. I am working at it though. The problem is a lot of times I forget to drink. Especially when I am working and focused on other things.