what would be the hardest... | pad patter 2.22.22

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Feb 22, 2022.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Don’t drink coffee or tea, don’t wear makeup, don’t drive so the only thing I’d desperately miss is phone - I use it for everything!

bestcee likes this.
  2. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Man...that's hard. I guess it would be the phone. I'd be a raging a-hole without coffee but I guess I can do it. The other two would be easy to live without.

3. zakirahzakaria

zakirahzakaria Making to-do lists CHECK. Checking to-do lists...

I think it's a close tie between my phone and coffee.

Although in terms of necessity, it would be my phone because I use it to monitor my baby while she's sleeping in the room and I'm downstairs doing chores. I'm staying at my parents' house right now and it's a double terrace-linked house (my father bought two side-by-side units) with a total of around 7,000+ square feet with many walls. Without the baby monitor app on my phone, I don't think I could do house chores peacefully as I would worry about not being able to hear if my baby cries.

bestcee likes this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I rarely wear makeup, so that can go. I don't drink coffee or tea, so that can go. I'm used to not having a car (we had 1 for decades) so that can go. I can make do.

So, I guess I keep my phone.

5. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

I think I'd have to join the "phone-keepers!" My car would be a close second since I live about a ten-minute drive from any store. I guess if I stocked up in advance I'd be okay without a vehicle! (Or......convince my husband to drive me where I need to go)

6. jenny

jenny jenny

My first thought was my phone, but it's only a week and I don't know if I could give up my morning tea:luvya. It's a toss up. The pandemic has kind of reprogrammed us as far as being out and about very often, so my car would be easy peasy to give up for a week, and makeup isn't routine anymore.

7. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I will choose A but it really is my iPad mini that I use all the time. I read for hours every day so the bigger iPad format is easier to use. It is synced with my phone but I really only use my phone to take photos. I send and receive my texts on the iPad too.

8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I think I would be really really grumpy!

Phone is a must.
    I go to work everyday, haven't stopped for more than a couple days since the pandemic started, so I need my car and makeup.
    I drink tea to function at work.

If I didn't have work, then I'd keep my phone. Unless, I was on vacation, lol!

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Definitely my phone. I don't drink tea or coffee, I often go without makeup because I'm working from home and also I rarely need my car because again... I'm working from home. Lol!

Without my phone I wouldn't even wake up on time in the morning. :D

honeyandcheese likes this.
  10. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

My car ... I need it to get to work.

I rarely use my phone except to take photos and the occasional texts to/from my grandkids. They know my office and home phone numbers so they could just call them.

11. honeyandcheese

honeyandcheese Digging the island vibe

My phone, because I talk to my mom every couple of days. But I know I can do without it because I'm constantly losing it.

12. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

A. I love my phone to get group updates on Facebook (I don't use it for anything else), check the weather, read email, use maps when driving, etc. I know I can do all of that on my computer, but I had to choose one! I live within walking distance of plenty of stores, am a block away from the bus route that takes us to the metro (subway) so I don't really need a car, I only wear makeup once a week - if that, and I don't drink coffee or tea.

13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

OMG a week without the car we just couldn't survive -even in lockdown with learn from home, DD worked a few nights and weekends and getting her there and back several times a week i just couldn't have managed without it!

14. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

15. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Phone - To-do lists, grocery lists, calendar, pics, etc...
    Coffee - It would be hard, but I could do it.
    Make-up - I do wear it but very little and I frequently go out without it.
    Car - I easily could stay home for a week. We homeschool and I am a homebody. It would be nice to use the excuse that I don't have a car so I can't do anything. LOL.

16. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

I hardly drink tea (dont drink coffee at all)
    I work from home
    I dont wear makeup

Guess that only leaves my phone as an option.

17. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

My car because how would I get to work?

Memaw2Wm and Karen like this.
  18. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

19. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Interesting read!
    I do not drink coffee so easy as already eliminated
    Makeup I usually only wear to special occasions so that isn’t a hardship
    Car, I am a homebody so could easily give that up for a week lol
    Now my phone is the one that would be harder as that is how I talk/FaceTime with my children/grandchildren, that would be the hard one for me.

20. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

No real choice for me to make--it would have to be car. I couldn't get to work without it, and it's very rare that we have a week where none of the kids has activities or appointments I need to drive them to. I wouldn't want to give up my phone or coffee, but I could. Makeup is easy--I only wear it on special occasions, and no one would see it behind my mask anyway.