Law & Order (tv show)

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Feb 1, 2022.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Just saw a promo saying the original Law & Order is coming back to NBC. I am kind of excited. I have not been able to get into the newish Law and Order spinoff of SVU with Detective Stabler.

londoncuppa likes this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I have always loved the Law & Order shows. I did see that Jack McCoy will be back as the District Attorney. My favorite time period of the show was when Jerry Orbach and Jesse L Martin were the detectives. IMO those were the best years.

I have cable tv and several channels will run the old episodes of L&O and L&O: Criminal Intent during the day. Quite often I will put those on as background noise and actually end up watching!

Sara likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Gosh! I used to watch Law and Order eons ago, but it's been a long time. And that sound effect would still make me know exactly what show was on. :giggle

dawnmarch and londoncuppa like this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I made it my ringtone for a bit. It would freak out my parents and was so fun!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

This was one of my favorite TV shows of ALL time!!! I LOVED the original cast - but they were all good.

6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Those were the days - I stopped watching a few years back. There isn't much of anything I actually watch now and can't miss.

7. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I liked Law and order because it was story driven instead of character driven although it followed the norm of disposable (beautiful) women characters! The women DAs were replaced frequently while the males remained in their roles for years. I also liked how each episode was wrapped up each week.

8. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

These were definitely the best years.

9. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I'm excited to see Law & Order! I loved the days of Jerry Orbach!

I have been watching the new one with Stabler, too, but the storyline and the other actors are not great. SVU hasn't been the greatest, either.

10. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

This makes me uber happy!!! I’ve watched every season of every iteration of the franchise. Of course, that includes Law and Order UK...LOL.

11. DivaMom96

DivaMom96 Well-Known Member

Really???

:circles

YAY!!!

12. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I like SUV okay, but don't like the one with Stabler and it annoys me when the story line spans the two shows. That's probably why I haven't been watching the current season. Can't wait for the original to come back ... hopefully it's as good as it was. I also like that each episode's story was wrapped up each week.