so what's the *big* item your kid(s) wants for christmas?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by la, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Mamasita

Mamasita New Member

My oldest (11) is getting a xbox with kinect, iphone, clothes and two video games. My middle child, (9) is getting clothes, ipod touch, two video games and leggos. My youngest (6) is getting an ipod touch, American Girl doll with two outfits and clothes.

2. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I'm not sure what SS wants when it comes to big things. He got a DSi for his birthday this month, so we are hoping that keeps him happy for awhile! *lol*

DD is too little (15mo) to want things for Christmas, but I know that my mom bought her a Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Kitchen playset that I'm really hoping she will enjoy playing with so I can keep her occupied while I cook dinner. :)

3. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

My kids don't really ask for much cause they are so little. lol Gabe (6) is getting a DS Lite and case and at least one game. Ezra (4) is getting this ginormous kid craft garage. it's seriously the biggest thing ever. lol Stella (2) is getting the small calico critter house and a couple families of them. :)

4. Jenn Barrette

Jenn Barrette Jenn Barrette

I found a few Littest Pet Shop lots on E-bay for a good price used, so they are getting like 3 houses and 40+ pets. They are 4 and 2, so they just want whatever toy they saw a commercial for last. LOL

5. 4noisyboys

4noisyboys Being a Grandma is the best!

woohoo!! I'm glad you found some! My niece is 6 and LOVES hers!

6. 4noisyboys

Since my boys are grown...I really have no idea what to get them, and when I ask them, they tell me they don't need anything (except Eric who is 19)

He probably needs clothes, but he could easily go another year without getting any. Three of them LOVE band shirts from Hot Topic...I always have to have them choose them though, or Eric is pretty good about choosing ones they'll like.
    They need socks, pj bottoms, underwear.
    I think they are all good on coats (sweatshirts are winter wear here)
    They all got slippers last year except Ryan...I might buy him a pair.
    I might get Eric a Kindle.
    Other than that, it will mostly be gift cards, movie tickets, that kind of thing. They can always use those!

7. snaggletooth

snaggletooth Minnetonka? Momma? Either way.

i decided my item i want is time, i dont have alot LOL

8. Ebony

Ebony Member

I bought my guy an xbox 360 and kinect bundle. I shopped around and found it $160 cheaper than the first place I approached :) So pretty happy about that. His birthday is just before xmas so I'm doing it all in one hit and will buy him a few games and fill a stocking with little things.

9. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

my youngests dearest present he put on his list was the 11 dr whos which is £50 which im happy with my eldest who is almost 10 wants the bloody world and is gonna have such a shock when santa doesnt deliver

10. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

oooh i want kinect gonna get it i think when i get paid next week,do you think if i jump around long enough ill have early labour lol

11. snaggletooth

snaggletooth Minnetonka? Momma? Either way.

LOVE this, we have it!!!
    its crack for gamers

12. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

My seven year old wants an iPod touch, which I thought was crazy. He plays on our iPhone all the time so we are debating this one. My youngest wants a new bike and an iPod, too.

13. sassynsweet

sassynsweet New Member

Paige asked for an American Girl doll and a bunch of accessories, she did get the doll, but only one extra outfit for it. She's been wanting one for the past two years for like every holiday, so I figured it was about time. Her twin sister, Taylor asked for a Kindle, lol. She is a big reader (takes after her mommy ;)). I am actually giving her mine and I upgraded, heehee. It's had a skin on it so she wont be able to tell plus we got her a cover for it. Umm...Haleigh asked for the American Girl Bitty Twins, so we got her those plus an outfit for each of them. Typically we don't spend that much on them, but my dad hates shopping so he gave us some money to put towards their gifts this year which helped. Other then that Santa will fill their stockings with little toys and treats. Matt and I aren't exchanging gifts this year other then the BluRay player we got on Black Friday and a handful of movies we got cheap which we are wrapping up as a family gift from Santa. We would rather the girls have a fabulous Christmas then spend the money on eachother <3

14. sassynsweet

sassynsweet New Member

My dad got Haleigh an ipod touch last year for Christmas (she was 6), she had originally asked for a Nintendo DS like her sisters, but I knew she wouldn't really play with it much. She uses the iPod ALL THE TIME! It's great in the car and any situation where there is waiting involved. It's a great educational tool too, there are so many fabulous educational games available these days :)

15. estir_bune

estir_bune Guest

we got our daughter the u draw pad for the wii... I am tired of going to print something and discovering she's taken all my paper! :)
    SS wants an Xbox

16. JenJ

JenJ Drunken Elf owner

ok.... I'm not making this up.... I keep asking my youngest what's the "big thing" he wants for Christmas this year (even though I've finished my shopping) and he keeps saying "I just want a big hug." Omg that kid is too sweet. And no... he's not starved for hugs... he gets 'em all the time. He's just one of the sweetest kids I've ever met! :beat:beat

17. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

Jen that is flippin adorable!!

My Step DD is getting the entire set of Wimpy Kids books plus the movie, a lava lamp, some itunes cards and some other small stuff. We just got her an ipod touch for her birthday so she said she needs cards lol.

Seth (almost 4) is getting an iXL. I got a crazy good deal before black friday on it at Target. The thing sells for 79 but they had it marked down to 69 plus I have a 10 coupon and a 10 gift card. The we got him a couple DVD's (Kail Lan & Backyardigans) and some hot wheels for his stocking. He is crazy good with electronics so my MIL also got him one of the Sesame Street games for the Wii.

The little Monster (1.5) is getting a play kitchen. Another crazy good deal from Target. 74 plus a 15 dollar coupon and a 5 gc I got when I bought the iXL. Then we got her some clothes and a few small toys for her stocking. My brother, who is overseas, bought her a couple food sets and some pans to go with her kitchen so she is good to go.

18. Keela

Keela I have puppy fever!!

I don't know why, but I love hearing what everyone is getting for Christmas. :)

We do two gifts...one from Santa and one from us. Anakin (almost 11) is getting the Harry Potter Lego Hogwarts and one of the new Hexbugs Nano Habitats. Tristin (8) is getting an MP3 player (which is actually David's old one - he'll never know) and also a new Hexbug Habitat. Paxtin (5) asked for a "robot dog"...which I found in the clearance isle at TRU :) and he's getting the 3rd new Hexbug Habitat. They love hexbugs. :) Then, we do stockings...and I always seem to overbuy for them!!! I try to get one book, a candy, small toys... I loved stockings growing up.

19. 4noisyboys

I finally went and did a little shopping. Eric (19 and the baby) will be getting a Kindle w/ accessories and then he also wants a Kinect. He already has the 360. He'll also get clothes (Hot Topic t-shirts, maybe nice jeans, jammie bottoms, socks, underwear...) and then we always get them Gift Cards for all the fast food places around, and wherever I know he likes to go eat or shop...just like $10 - $15 each gc.)

Then, I have to think about what to get all the other boys! I'm stumped!! My 23 year old text messaged his oldest brother (27) who lives in Texas and pretended he was writing a letter to Santa. It went something like this: "Dear Santa, All I really want for Christmas is for my brother Ryan to move back home. If you could please bundle him up and drop him under the tree for Christmas morning, I'd be really happy!" My oldest thought that was the sweetest ever! Really though, everytime Ryan asks any of us what we want, that's what we tell him. It would make all of us really happy! :)