If You Were Hosting...?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2022' started by EHStudios, Jan 21, 2022.

1. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I just thought it would be fun to ask...

If you were hosting a MOC challenge, what would you do? Would you go technical? Supplies based? Write about something personal? Focus on color?

What would you challenge this creative group of people to do?

[​IMG]

2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I've got a few ideas (some not all that original)

• Clean & Simple Page (or template)
    • One Photo Layout
    • I know this one is probably not doable in fairness to non PS/PSE Scrappers but something along the lines of "Exploring your presets" (or equivalent) - Pick a tool or preset and create a layout using it in a creative way. So for me I'd pick Styles as I'm a great collector of them but don't really use them outside of shadow styles
    • "Throwback Thursday" or "Flashback Friday" - Scrap a layout featuring photos over x years old

3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Scrap a Manly photo with no flowers, no ribbons, no butterflies, no young boy stuff, etc. Photo required and subject in photo must be an adult (or at least 13+). Why? because with 3 adult guys in my family I find it challenging to scrap a Manly page. So many kits for males target the younger (elementary age) males, so the challenge is to find other things to use - and to be creative.

p.s. I know guys like flowers too, but I avoid them on the guys only pages.

Couple of examples:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Putting on my thinking cap .......

1. Use an element from your stash to create a photo mask. ( no paints )

2. For a photo and journaling challenge..... photograph some item in your home that is not something outstanding ( an every day item) then journaling about it.

That's enough thinking.... I have to get back to my craft room sort out. We have moved one set of drawers and two cupboards ( one small and one medium size) that I have emptied out. I can nearly swing a cat in my computer/craft room now. It has not been easy but wow! it is starting to feel good.

MrsPeel, londoncuppa, Karen and 4 others like this.
  5. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

One of the most fun challenges I ever hosted ( at another site sorry ) was a make your own template Challenge.
    it was a two part challenge where they first had to make a template ( that included paint and edges ) . Then actually use it to make a LO. ( requirement was that I needed to see both ) People had a good time , and were pleased to learn how to make a template. ( In more than 1 program )
    That would be fun to do here ....
    Or Art Journaling, of the top of my head it could be; imagine my life as a Dancer / as a street sweeper, or a globetrotter even.....

6. kendrawalter

kendrawalter Well-Known Member

I would do a "behind the scenes" photography challenge. You could have a picture of someone taking a picture, and then include the picture they took. Or a picture of a crazy setup to make something appear perfect, and then how it looks to the world (like a window display or something). Or a picture of a perfectly baked loaf of bread, and then a picture of the messy kitchen used to make it. Stuff like that. I think it'd be so fun!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    MrsPeel, EHStudios, DivaMom96 and 8 others like this.
  7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

1. definitely something creative with journaling but I would need to think a while for this one

2. use at least one item from every designer in the store

3. choose two templates we already own and combine them; must use every layer (show the two templates in the credits in the gallery)

4. some kind of technique

I would enjoy creating challenges.

MrsPeel and Karen like this.
  8. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

I would do an ATC challenge.

9. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

This is very interesting. I thought about this and I think there are still some great ideas out there.

if I were going to lead one, this is what I’d do!

Mine would have to do with journaling. I know a lot of people don’t like journaling, but for me, scrapping is all about telling stories. I notice a trend where good situations are chronicled, but we skirt around the bad times. We talk about out kids, our friends, our pets, and sometimes, when we have to, an “All About Me” page.

So…

1. Journal about a time when you had a very challenging situation and how you triumphed, OR how you didn’t do so well.

2. Photos are not necessary, but if you don’t have a photo, some kind of image that ties in with the topic would be required.

3. The page should be art journaling style. Slop on paint. Use scribbles. Blend pieces into each other. Use word art to convey your feelings!

10. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

that a good one

michelepixels likes this.
  11. EHStudios

@michelepixels

The problem with this one in a MOC situation would be it not being an even playing field for ALL the scrappers that join in for the month. But definitely this is a challenge I think about for making pages on my own!

Maybe during LOVE Our Designers we should just make a fun challenge day at the end to create this page!

michelepixels, Karen and A-M like this.
  12. EHStudios

I love these! I'll respond more to each tomorrow :)

Keep the ideas coming! It's fun to see how each scrappers challenge mind works!

13. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Hmmmm,
    1. Choose an emotion and without words, portray it on your page- photo/photoless
    2. Heritage/Vintage style page
    3. Photo themed: Strangest Place/thing you have ever seen
    4.Monochromatic page- but NOT black or white. :hehe
    5. Create a page about a milestone in life.
    6. Create a page showing and explaining a cultural event or custom; your own or from another nation.
    7. A Lyrics challenge combined with photography- photograph taken must portray the song in some way.
    The BEST challenge I've ever done was here at TLP a few years back- It was making words/title from found things like this:
    [​IMG]
    That was FASCINATING to me!!! :clap

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  14. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I hosted this one last year ;) :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

15. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I would probably do some kind of recipe challenge.
    Example 1. 3 columns of different elements/types of papers & you would have to choose x number of Column 1, y number of Column 2, and z number of Column 3.

Example 2. A 1-10 page where you got to choose what item to have 1 of, what item to have 2 of, and so forth up to 10 of something on your page.

Or how about a color challenge? Make a page using 2 complementary colors - blue/orange, yellow/purple, red/green.

Karen likes this.
  16. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Great minds think alike! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub Amanda R hosted this one last year :)

michelepixels, Karen and bonnenuit like this.
  17. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

1) Journaling - compare perspectives on a photo or event. Pick a photo or series of event photos. Get someone else, i.e. a family member in the photo, a friend, the person who took the picture, to provide some journaling. If you can't easily get journaling from someone else, you could use a newspaper account. Example: my son recently said something about how my scrapbooks are our life the way "MOM" sees it, but not the way he sees it. So I would want to get some of his journaling on a page that includes some photos of him. This wouldn't be an easy challenge, but it could add a broader perspective.

2) Celebrating curves - a layout with a minimum number of curved elements.

2a) Spin-off of 2 - no straight lined elements / frames / photos allowed. Curves, arcs, masks, and irregular shapes. The only exception would be if you wanted to include journaling, it could be in straight lines or rows. Photos and elements can be circles, ovals, or irregular shapes (like clipped over a cloudy mask). Flowers, brads, curled string, speech bubbles, circular frames, clouds, arcs, rollercoasters.

18. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

Enlarge and admire photo challenge. Take an object that would normally be "small," and make it big on your layout. A close-up of a signature, a coin, an insect, a kitten's paw, a baby's foot, etc. The photo should be presented on the page bigger than the item is in real life.

19. CharlotteM

CharlotteM Well-Known Member

love
    - weird holidays
    - scrapped a certain quote, I love the Irish blessings
    - Color challenge- use only certain colors
    - Mood Board Challenge
    - Bingo Challenge
    - recipe Challenge

EHStudios and Karen like this.
  20. *sylvia*

*sylvia* Well-Known Member

Warping Shadows Challenge
    Title Challenge
    Magazine Look Challenge
    Vintage Challenge
    Create Your Own Cluster Challenge
    Quote Challenge
    Whisper Challenge
    Photoless Challenge
    Sketch Challenge
    Font Challenge
    Border Challenge
    Double Scraplift Challenge
    Theme Challenge
    Scraplift Challenge [ scraplift your first layout at TLP / scraplift a layout of the person above you ]