Prayers and good thoughts please

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by littlekiwi, Nov 16, 2020.

1. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

How upsetting, Jennifer. :( I'm glad it didn't escalate further and that he was caught. The kid sounds pretty messed up. I hope he stays away and is able to get some help to turn things around.

2. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Hopefully the youth aid division will be able to do something with this kid, if only to keep him away from your home.

3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Well he’s trespassed for 2 years by police so that should help considerably. Now we just need the rest of the idiots to be caught.

4. littlekiwi

What an eventful day. Honestly thought we’d left that chapter behind us 6 1/2 months ago. Had three young idiots break a window and come onto our back stairs just after 11am. Reported it and spoke to police who haven’t found them yet but are keeping an eye out for them. It’s not like I needed this stress on top of family stress but it is what it is. Luckily it happened just before my mum was heading to work so she was there when it happened and has taken a day off work.

5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Noooooo! My goodness gracious, they are a determined lot! I hope they find them soon!

6. littlekiwi

@gonewiththewind they aren’t the same ones each time now. I think there has only been two lots that have been the same right at the beginning where two individuals/groups hit us two days in a row but overall it’s probably been up to 10 different people because they work in pairs or groups of 3-4. Can’t say they are one age/gender or ethnicity either - we’ve had it all!

7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I'm so sorry you're still dealing with these groups (! More than a few by the sounds!) It sounds like they didn't get to take anything this time? Not that it makes it much less stressful really - thinking of you

8. littlekiwi

@bellbird, nope no theft, just a bit of damage yet again to the house and a bit of anxiety for us for good measure

bellbird likes this.
  9. gonewiththewind

Well, that is just the pits. They must be in desperate need to do this - or either it's their way of life - stealing from others and reselling. :(

10. littlekiwi

they aren’t actually “stealing” anything now, just damaging property. I agree that this must be their way of life and have nothing better to do.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  11. mywisecrafts

mywisecrafts Pollywog

Omg! That is so horrible!!! Positive vibes and prayers your way!!!

12. littlekiwi

Can you believe it....after nearly two years we had a small incident a few days ago. About 10pm at night we hear a strange noise and my mum goes out to investigate and finds someone has walked down our long driveway and is wanting to see their grandfather (we have had no males living here since 1998 and no grandfathers in our family since 1994!). My mum told him to get off the property as he was trespassing and he left so didn't need to contact the police this time but we've been on alert since then with my mum taking Monday off work just to be sure. Luckily no other incidents after that isolated incident.

13. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I’m glad he left right away and hope you have no more trouble.

14. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Hopefully it was just a "one off" and you won't have another incident.

15. littlekiwi

So far so good in that respect, it happened on Saturday night and its now Wednesday afternoon so I think we are ok for now. It just spooked us a bit as we'd had such a clear run for a couple of years

bestcee and Memaw2Wm like this.
  16. littlekiwi

Yes it was good we didn't need to ring the police this time. I was just lucky it was late enough that I wasn't home alone or there was a chance I wouldn't have seen/heard them until much later in the piece

umyesh likes this.
  17. gonewiththewind

Oh thank goodness y'all are OK and nothing serious happened. I would be on alert, too! I'll be praying for your safety!

18. littlekiwi

Yes very lucky in that regard, even half an hour to an hour earlier and I would have been alone.
    Oh yes, we've definitely been on high alert and will continue to do so. Just super lucky my mum was able to take Monday off work (she already has Sunday and Tuesday off) so she's been with me for 4 days with today being the first day I'm on my own. Previously if anything has happened it's been two days/nights in a row then fine so we are probably past the worst of it now.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  19. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear you're both OK. Thinking of you and your mum.

20. littlekiwi