Well... Am I the only one recovering from a Thanksgiving Curve Ball?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Dalis, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

We never do much during Thanksgiving. We have no family around and our friends live a bit far to travel just to stuff your face. Plus, on top of it all, we usually have some game or tournament. This year, my SIL and hubby decided to drive 2 days to come to visit us. They arrived on Sunday and left on Friday. That meant, I had to host Thanksgiving. I worked on getting the house ready and dinner for days in and out. On Thanksgiving, our pet sitter called to say her dad was sick and she couldn't pet sit for us from Sat. to Sun. Well... we ended up having to leave hubby with the dogs and me to drive 5hrs to St. Louis with Bianca. Hubby usually does the driving and Bianca and I sit as Queen and Princess respectively. LOL!!!! So, here I am exhausted, and needed another week of holiday just to bounce back from this one. LOL!!!! Anyone else?

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Oh gosh! That sounds stressful! I totally know what you mean about needing a few days after all the holiday craziness to recover! I hope you get a minute today to unwind! I had two Thanksgivings this year, but they were both pretty low key and I still feel like I need a nap already today. :giggle I can't imagine if I had to do everything you had to do!

3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I can't imagine driving all that way myself. I am a total Queen and sit royally as hubby drives too!

Karen likes this.
  4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'm definitely the type that has to recharge after social interaction, even if that's just my close family. After having Pie Day (Thanksgiving food prep day) on Wednesday, and Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, I have been a recluse. I haven't been out of the house since coming home from dinner on Thursday. This morning I took Daniel to school so my hobbit vacation came to an end. I'm still looking forward to a quiet day here so I can create some layouts and do some design work. Tomorrow I get my hair done, and I'll need a couple of days to recover from that . . . so much talking at the salon.

bestcee likes this.
  5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm like that after lots of family time. I need a bit of quiet and "me" time. As for driving, we're about 50/50, I drive a lot during day outings but hubs does most of the night driving. I find it more relaxing when I drive. Hubs gets stressed over traffic and I don't so its easier if I drive.

6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm like that after lots of family time. I need a bit of quiet and "me" time. As for driving, we're about 50/50, I drive a lot during day outings but hubs does most of the night driving. I find it more relaxing when I drive. Hubs gets stressed over traffic and I don't so its easier if I drive.

7. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

If I was preparing myself for a Thanksgiving curve ball but it didn't happen, does that count?! :giggle

I have some family members who are known for their interrogatory skills :P that I was convinced they would put to good use when they met my boyfriend for the first time Thanksgiving Day... but they did not. There was another first-time guest that I had not been looking forward to meeting or interacting with after hearing stories about said person... but they also turned out to be just fine.

Maybe it was a Thanksgiving miracle?!

rach3975, AJK, bestcee and 1 other person like this.
  8. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

oh my, that is a long drive!! We only drove an hour and I need a break from that! lol But I'm like that with every gathering or holiday break...just need some downtime!

9. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

We didn't have any curve balls at all. It was quiet and exactly what we expected. As to driving - my husband does most of the driving but if he's tired, I'll take over.

10. LynnG

LynnG Designer

Hope you have a nice peaceful time to recover!

11. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

We were supposed to drive an hour to my brother's new house for Thanksgiving, but on Wednesday, he called to let us know he had strep throat, so obviously we didn't want to be in close quarters. They were cooking all the food, so I had no food and they had tons of leftovers... my mom and I ended up driving to their house to get food to bring back, so we had Thanksgiving dinner leftovers instead of lunch..

The plus side, I got some 1x1 time with my mom while we carpooled, since we don't get a ton of possible times for this to happen. So that part was definitely nice.

bestcee likes this.
  12. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Oh that sounds so relaxing... lol

13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Holidays can be exhausting. I'm glad we only had to go to our daugher's house. Being around a lot of people wears me out any time. LOL I'm still tired today.

14. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

We were away visiting family from Wednesday to Saturday. I have a great family, but I'm such an introvert that I still come home needing a vacation from my vacation! No time for that this year, unfortunately. When DH and I go on a trip together he does all the driving because he gets carsick when he doesn't. But that means an entire trip of listening to sports podcasts (driver chooses) and him yelling about traffic. Road trips are so much nicer when the kids and I go alone! Then I'm the only driver and we can listen to music and take traffic in stride!

norton94 likes this.
  15. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Wow, that’s a lot of stress! ❤️❤️

Yep, we have had curve balls aplenty…
    Besides having to purchase 4 major appliances and a computer monitor last week, it was a piece of cake. EXCEPT
    My vaccinated daughter, visiting from Atlanta, tested positive for Covid today. We had Covid tests this morning and are awaiting the results.
    Hiss, boo, kicking the dirt!