Stuffing Woes...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Pachimac, Nov 25, 2021.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I've always liked both. I'm plant based/vegetarian so I really enjoy the potatoes, dressing (cook a small batch for me outside of the turkey while the family gets their dressing cooked in the turkey) and brown sugar glazed sweet potato done in the air fryer and don't feel overly stuffed b/c I left out the turkey.

2. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Stuffing but out of the box. I know, I know, but for Gluten Free stuffing it's just too expensive to let GF free just go hard for JUST stuffing. LOL!!!!

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I love stuffing/dressing. My moms is homeade and it's tasty! I have made it from scratch before, and like that too.... but in a pinch I've used Stove Top.

4. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

Stuffing and dressing are my favorite! Sorry you didn't get any :(
    I also love to eat the dressing with homemade cranberry relish! lol We usually have turkey (although this year we didn't), mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, dressing, sweet potato casserole, collard greens, corn, cranberry relish, cranberry sauce (for those who hate the relish), pineapple casserole, green bean casserole, rolls, and of course, pies.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  5. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I am not particularly a stuffing person but I had some sausage-cornbread stuffing Thursday.

We have both sweet potatoes & mashed potatoes, and I have an entire Tupperware container of leftover mashed potatoes in my fridge at the moment. :giggle

6. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Update: So, my SIL made yams and potatoes, and for some reason, she didn't spend the time she normally does, and they were not "up to par" according to her. Friday I went and bought some Stove Top Stuffing and made it. It was not very good either. I guess I didn't make it right because it was still crunchy and very dry. I guess I didn't put enough chicken broth in it maybe?

7. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Yep, sounds like you didn't add enough liquid. I like my stuffing moist and mushy.

8. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Me too!! I poured more on it and heated it up in the microwave this morning and it was much better!

Memaw2Wm likes this.