Ice Cream | Pad Patter 11/29

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Nov 29, 2021.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Do you like ice cream? Or do you prefer a refreshing sorbet? or maybe a gelato or frozen yogurt? I know it’s snowing here but that doesn’t matter. I love ice cream. I have to admit I miss cruising because of the desserts. The ship would always serve ice cream or sorbet, and they would be very unique flavors. And for this reason I would usually get three scoops all different flavors to try. I don’t think I have a favorite flavor, but I don’t really care for minty ones. I do really like jamoca almond fudge, which hubby thinks is an abomination but he hates coffee. I just bought some peach ice cream to go with some peach wine I found this weekend at the grocery store. I will be back with my full report sometime later to tell you how they taste.

Do you have a favorite flavor of ice cream (or other frozen treat)? Least favorite? Do you prefer one type over the other? Or can you take it or leave it?

Let us know!!!

2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I love all kinds of ice cream. I think my fave is Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey - banana ice cream with chocolate chunks and walnuts - but I love a good strawberry as well.

[​IMG]

I also love coconut, and at our local frozen yogurt shop, I'll get coconut ice cream and top it with dark chocolate chips and shredded coconut. So good!

[​IMG]

My step-mom works for a food distribution company, so she gets samples. There's a company called High Road that has the most amazing hand crafted ice cream. We had a sampler party one night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

norton94 and weaselwatchr like this.
  3. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Ice cream is not a treat I would purposely choose over other treats but there is a local ice cream place that I love & we will go through the drive-through every once in awhile to pick up a few pints.

They have a walk-up location that closes for the winter (which makes sense to me) but their new second location, which has inside seating, has also closed for the winter and I'm still trying to figure that one out?!

My favorite kinds of ice cream have chocolate in them: chocolate chip cookie dough, brownie, mint chip, peanut butter + chocolate.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  4. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

Unfortunately, I love ice cream. :lol I have an equal love for both regular ice cream and frozen custard! My favorite flavor is Chocolate Peanut Butter and I like to get milkshakes made with that flavor along with a banana blended in! SO good!! Some other favorite flavors of mine are Cookies & Cream (or Oreo), Mint Chocolate Chip, Black Cherry, and Coffee. There is a flavor I love but it is hard to get...there is one place near my aunts house (a little over an hour away) that has it sometimes and that is teaberry! :drool I wish I was able to get it whenever I wanted it :( Most people have never even heard of it when I mention it :shrug

weaselwatchr likes this.
  5. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I do love ice-cream and sorbet, and yes miss cruising and the ice-creams and sorbets available there too. So much.

I adore my sorbets tart, pallete cleanser style.
    Creamy ice cream, more is definitely more in my book. Coffee, chocolate, rum and raisin, peanut butter. Love them all.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  6. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I like ice cream on occasion. My fav flavors are chocolate and mint chocolate chip. I LOVE Nutty Buddies or Drumsticks (sugar cone filled with vanilla ice cream, topped with chocolate and peanuts).

I also love peach sorbet, but it's hard to find. Lately it seems like mango has replaced peach. Bah humbug. :)

weaselwatchr likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I do love ice cream and frozen custard :) My favorite is mint chocolate chip (and the mint chocolate chip Klondike bars are amazing), but I also love just plain ole chocolate. Oh and chocolate/peanut butter for a shake!

weaselwatchr likes this.
  8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Being lactose intolerant my iced confection of choice is sorbet. I like all flavours but if I’m near a particular ice cream chain I’ll get their Green Apple Sorbet every time.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  9. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Ice cream used to be one of my favorite things in life and I would eat it all year. Now I only like it in the summer, and not every week. I like Ben & Jerry's dairy-free flavors. They're as creative as their regular ones. I've liked all the ones I've tried.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  10. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I love ice cream! it's already hot like hell over here, perfect for a big bowl of chocolate and cookies ice cream!! actually there are some flavors that I like but the chocolate ones are hard to beat!
    one that I can't stand is passion fruit. Hate the smell and taste.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I love it but it doesn't love me. I hate that I can't eat it anymore. I can eat it every once in awhile and in very small doses. I do better with dairy-free - or Italian ices anymore. I rarely eat it anymore. :(

weaselwatchr likes this.
  12. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I LOVE ice cream. My favorite thing to do is have a warm brownie with a scoop of vanilla on top...maybe add a drizzle of peanut butter and whipped cream on top.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  13. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Ice cream is my favorite--well, maybe it's a close second to chocolate! Safeway has a line of ice creams that tastes like the super premium ice creams, so my favorite is their Extreme Chocolate Moose Tracks. It's chocolate ice cream with thick ribbons of chocolate fudge and chocolate cups (like mini peanut butter cups, but without the peanut butter). I also love chocolate peanut butter ice creams with lots of peanut butter. Because these are my favorites, I only buy them on special occasions. I have no willpower around them, so I buy flavors that I like less most of the time.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  14. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

My mom went to Baskin-Robbins every day during her last month pregnant with me. I think I can blame her for my love affair with it all.

weaselwatchr, ashleywb and Karen like this.
  15. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

Looove ice cream. McDonald's and Chick-fil-A are my fave vanilla cones. Store-bought I love cookie dough, mint chocolate chip, chocolate, strawberry. Klondike bars, ice cream sandwiches... I don't think there's an ice cream I didn't love.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Sadly I love ice cream way too much. :giggle We love DQ blizzards, but they are super expensive, so when we want ice cream we tend to get some from the store. We also live in a summer tourist town on Lake Michigan so in the summer ALL the ice cream shops are open downtown. We have four of them in a two block radius and will often walk or ride bikes to get ice cream and then walk around downtown eating it. :)

weaselwatchr likes this.
  17. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

My husband and I were just talking about a gelato place in our former city. I liked to get a scoop of chocolate and a scoop of pistachio.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  18. weaselwatchr

I forgot I also love green tea icecream! Hagaan Daas has some. Hubby says it's nearly flavorless! lol He thinks he is so funny

19. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Hey Danica look at your avatar...

20. weaselwatchr

:circles:circles:circles:circles:circles:circles:circles:circles

norton94 likes this.