Pickles | Pad Patter 11.14

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Nov 14, 2021.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

It's National Pickle Day!

[​IMG]

I love me some pickles, but mainly just dill, and I also really love most any pickled vegetable! My parents used to make homemade bread and butter pickles all the time when I was younger. I've done pickled jalapenos, but never just straight up pickles. My daughter loves to drink the pickle juice. When she was living at home, we often had dried out pickles because she'd drink all the juice out of the jar before the pickles were gone lol.

Are you a fan of pickles? Dill, sweet, spicy? Any other pickled things? Have you ever made them yourself?

2. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I love pickles!!! My favorite are Clausen. They have to have a crunch to them. My parents used to also make homemade pickles. There is a Bar-b-que chains here that has spicy pickles with jalapeños and red onions and they are quite good too. I have tried to pickle some red onions once and I learned the hard way that Morton Kosher salt is much saltier than regular kosher salt. I thought salt was salt but I guess not. I had to throw them away.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I do really like dill pickles... not enough to actually buy them or try to make my own, but when they come with my burger or sandwich at a restaurant I will definitely eat them! I don't like sweeter pickles at all. Although I've never tried any spicier ones, I have a feeling they would also be a no for me. Everyone else in my family loves spicy food, but I have a relatively low spice tolerance.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

My neighbor hides a pickle ornament on the tree and whomever finds it first on Xmas Day gets to open their gifts first!

5. IntenseMagic

I agree...crunch is a must and I do love Clausen! I would have thought salt was salt as well. What a shame to have to throw them away!!

6. IntenseMagic

I don't buy them often because I'm pretty much the only one here now that eats them, but now I'm craving some lol. I'm not a fan of sweeter pickles either, but I am a spicy food lover.

KimJ likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

I used to have one of those!!! It was back when we still had a real tree and I think one year no one found it and it got tossed with the tree lol.

8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

There is only one pickle that I like... Sweet midgets. I don't put pickles on any sandwiches. That was another thing that tasted good when I could eat again.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I have a Christmas Pickle, too. LOL It's so cute!

Mom and Grandma used to make pickles every year - we had cucumbers in our garden and pickle making was a big deal at our house. My favorite were "Bread and Butter" pickles - I don't know if that was a legit name or they just called them that. They canned enough for us to eat all winter.

gonewiththewind and IntenseMagic like this.
  10. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I am not a huge fan of them but my mum is so they are in the house all the time. If I do have one, it’s just a bread and butter pickle type.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Pickles have been my most enduring dislike. Never ever ever liked them. Haven't ever wanted to try them again because they stink. :td

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. Dalis

I can't believe the Xmas pickle it's actually a thing!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  13. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

I'm a fan of dill pickles but I hate the smell! :lol We have made our own pickles before and they are so good. We also pickle other things. In fact, last night we made homemade pickled polish sausage!! SOOO, good!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Yes, it's a "thing". LOL I can't remember who got it for me, but I've had it for a long time. I hope it didn't get lost in our big move. All of my stuff is up in the attic.

Dalis likes this.
  15. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I like super crunchy pickles.. not soggy nasty ones.. I prefer baby dill ones but can do big fat ones if crunchy ...and sliced have to be crunchy .. no soggy on my burger I won't eat it

IntenseMagic likes this.
  16. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Ohh and we have an Xmas pickle too.. it's been a tradition in my family as long as I can remember ... they actually sold pickles at dollar tree a few years ago and I got one for our tree ...first person to find it gets first gift of year

IntenseMagic likes this.
  17. IntenseMagic

My mother loves sweet midgets!! I bet they would be amazing after going so long without them!

18. IntenseMagic

Bread and Butter Pickles were what my mom and dad always made when I was growing up. As far as I know it's a legit name lol. And same, we had cans galore!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  19. IntenseMagic

I'm not real fond of the smell, either. Hmmm pickled polish sausage sounds super interesting!

meganmecrazy likes this.
  20. Dalis

Is it glass?