Since We Are Artsy People…

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Pachimac, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

What other creative outlets do you enjoy?

I love to crochet. I wish I were more creative at other things, but scrapping and crochet do keep me busy!

How about you?

2. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

If I could have unlimited free time, I'd crochet, sew, and bead. But since I don't, I mostly just scrapbook and occasionally use my digi supplies for paper planning. I sometimes crochet new baby gifts but not much else right now.

3. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

when I have time, I like to make christmas ornaments, or decorate christmas boxes for family and my latest is a seasonal "o" for my DD HOME sign. I want to do a wreath O for each season, so I am working on a Christmas O and fall O and spring O...hmm if I stop hanging around TLP! lol

4. Pachimac

Beading? What do you bead?

5. Pachimac

they sound wonderful!! Post em when you’re done!

6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I have a crochet project on the go - it has been a work in progress since the weather started cooling down. Now that its heating up again I should probably just give it up til next year. 2021 has been the year of chilling watching soppy romance movies and not being creative outside of the scrapbooking. But there is always next year.

7. dennydenny

dennydenny Why can't it snow in the Bahamas?

I love too many creative activities... photography, drawing and painting, crochet and knitting, sewing and patchwork, and this year I tried wood carving too but I don't have time to all these things all the time, so I have periods of this and periods of that...

bestcee likes this.
  8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'd like to have time for more crafty, creative things, but that will have to wait until retirement I suppose lol. I've made a few wooden door signs lately, and a Halloween decoration, but finding the time to work on them has been a challenge.

9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I used to do a lot of counted cross stitch but as I've gotten older and with my eyes getting worse, it is harder for me to do. The fingers don't always want to cooperate either.

I did basic knitting for awhile, got really good at scarves but could never get the hang of the what I consider more complex stitches. Tried crochet too. That didn't go too well.

So for now scrapping, both digital and sometimes traditional are my creative outlet.

10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Watercolor, Fiber & Textile arts. I actually spend more time on those than digital. :D Just finishing off a HUGE weaving full of symbolism today!

11. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I used to do counted cross stitch, but that seems so long ago now,I find it hard to concentrate, and for my eyes to adjust between pattern and linen. I knitted then too, but my tension is now not even , so that's it....
    But I do dabble a bit with patchwork, and plain sewing. And I crochet now and again. But my great love is for painting and drawing ,and all sorts of paper crafts , including card making, and digital Scrapbooking.

12. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I've done many things over the years...knitting/crocheting, hook rugs, sewing (easy projects), decoupage/mixed media canvases, card making, quilting, cross stitch...but these days, between family, dogs, binge watching shows/movies, reading and scrapping...no time for any of the other stuff.

13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm joining the "used to do" line of thought. I don't do much else these days beside scrapping and reading. I watch TV with my hubby for a couple of hours in the evening and we enjoy that time together. I have done a lot of things over the years, though. Decoupage - before Mod Podge - rewarding but extremely time consuming. I used to crochet a lot and have made several afghans and still use one of them. I would love to try to crochet again; I could do that while watching TV in the evening. I've made lots of ATCs, tons of cards, altered almost anything I could get my hands on.

14. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

15. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I think I read more than anything. I scrap and design. After that, it's my cross stitching. I sketch/draw/paint, but I haven't really done much in the past year.

Here's my current cross stitch project:

PXL_20211106_204451150.jpg PXL_20211106_204500379.jpg

16. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I take photos for work ..
    I also sew some.. made cloth diqpers.. baby blankets..and such when my kids were wee little
    And I design logos and web pages for friends...

AJK likes this.
  17. Pachimac

I knew we were twinsies!!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  18. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Yes, we are!! :bk

19. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

My free time is divided between crotchet and scrapping too ..... when I'm not reading. Which I do a LOT of :giggle

20. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I used to make jewelry that was all or mostly beads (sometimes seed beads, sometimes larger focal beads), but for the last few years when I've done any beading it's smaller projects like bookmarks and bracelets that are enhanced with a few beads rather than fully beaded.