Creative Team Product Organizing

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Aug 29, 2021.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

How do you all organize/tag the products you get for CT work? Particularly thinking of how to know what you've scrapped with/what you still need to scrap with.

2. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

I basically store my (old) stuff in categories like kit, elements, alpha & so on. The new stuff I have sorted by stores. In my file for Oscraps (where I CT), I have everything sorted by designers. Then I have one file named CT Kits, where I download the new stuff I get. In that file I have a subfile named "Used once" where I move the kit when ... you guessed it ... I used it once. After I used something twice, I move it to the designer's file.

When I was on designer's CT, I had separate files for each designer, and always a special file for the kits I still needed to work with.

3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I leave it in my downloads Jennifer @littlekiwi and I scrap from there when I am scrapping product for that Wednesday, and/or that Friday release. Once I have scrapped with everything for that week then I will put the kits under the designer in the Lily Pad folder I have set up on my EHD.

bestcee, LeeAndra and Ferdy like this.
  4. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Jennifer, I do like what Christa does. Leaving it in the download folder until I use it helps me know what I have not done.

cfile likes this.
  5. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

I do exactly like Christa !

cfile likes this.
  6. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

same as Christa!!
    but when I add to my designer folder, I edit the products name adding if it's BYOC, M3 MPM and what month/year, so I don't get lost for future pages, promoting SOSN, challenges..

bestcee and cfile like this.
  7. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I have a tag in ACDSee for CT kits for future reference.
    I also only download CT kits as and when I use them.

8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

For one designer I set up a folder under her main folder called CT Kits and put everything in there by kit name (remember I file stuff by kit since I am a kit scrapper).

For a couple other designers, when I set up the kit folder, I labeled it as "CT kit name" and filed under the designer's main folder. That was because I had purchased kits from them before becoming a CT member and wanted to differentiate between them.

To track when I scrapped the kit, I had a tab on my spreadsheet for each designer. I also named the layout with the kit name although I have now renamed a lot of them when doing my reorganizing.

9. littlekiwi

I was thinking along these lines already. I don’t want a huge set up as it’s only for a guest spot. I tag in a similar way for current BYOC products before I’ve done my challenge page.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  10. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

All downloads are immediately copied to my two EHD - per store - per designer.
    When a collection is downloaded I create a collection folder - followed by the release date.
    The release date is also added to the kits.
    For each map, the map icon is replaced by the kit/collection preview...
    for CT work I only download what I will use immediately. I am an adobe cc user and use bridge.
    In bridge I use 'sort by modified' - so the most recently added kits/collections are at the top.
    For challenges I usually use multiple kits ... search I do with bridge ... if the elements are named that is useful ... if elements have no specific name it is impossible ... but I don't want to spend time assigning tags.
    I have a third backup to Backblaze...
    My scrap material is not on the hard drives where I store my personal photo material.

11. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I have a folder that is labeled for the current month and I organize it by designer in subfolders. I also have a subfolder in that month for layouts and the date they are to be posted. Anything I download and create that month goes in those folders and then at the end of the month I move everything to my EHD in designer folders.

12. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

I have a folder called "Scrap CT". Once I've scrapped with it, then I move it into the designer's folder.

13. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I have a folder for each of my cts and within that folder are sub folders-used, layouts to be posted, layouts posted. When I first download the kit it stays in that designers folder, once used I move the kit to the used folder. From the used folder I then copy the preview to my ‘organization’ folder ie. Holidays, Themes and move the kit to my EHD.

14. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I have a folder for the designer and inside another folder that says TODO where I put everything I STILL need to work on. When I am done using the kit I then take the kit from the TODO folder and move it out into the designer folder.

15. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I keep stuff in to do, with the date that it needs to be posted to the galleries and then once t's been uploaded and used to advertise, I move it to the designer, within the store folder.

16. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I'm not on a team right now, but I had a folder on my desktop labeled New CT Kits. As I used them, I would file them from there to under their name and which store they sell from.

17. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I keep it simple - my CT Files are labeled as such + the due date and after they've been posted, I move them to their own FOLDER that has finished LO's in it. They're easier to find if I need them again.

18. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I had a folder within downloads for each designer I CT'ed for. New kits went into that folder until I scrapped with them, then they got moved into the regular downloads section until my next bout of organizing.

19. littlekiwi

I ended up settling for a tag for CT products and a sub tag for products I still need to scrap with in ACDSee while popping the items in their designer folders in Windows Explorer. I did try for a few days of keeping the new products on my desktop and while it kind of worked, deep down I knew it would end up not being organised the way everything else is and would end up a huge mess and a big job to tidy later on.

rach3975 likes this.