July '21 - Monthly Muse Week 2

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by wombat146, Jul 13, 2021.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Hi everyone and welcome to Week 2 of our July Monthly Muse.

We are continuing with our exploration of our relationship with the ocean, seas, lakes, rivers, and creeks (and all the critters, real and mythical, that occupy them).

This week the challenge is to create a sea-themed collage of some sort plus use either a wordart or lyrics from a song or words from a poem, something resonates with you.

Collage:
    In the dictionary, a collage is described as "a piece of art that is made by sticking various materials such photographs, pieces of paper or fabric onto a backing." In a tutorial that I wrote for our Summer School 2021 event, I shared how you can create a quick and easy collage using a 'shaped' clipping mask. Once you have made your collage backing you can then use it to create your collage. If you would like to refer to this tutorial you can find HERE.

I used the steps from that tutorial to create my sample page for this week. I really had a lot of fun with this little fish! LOL!!

12X12-AJ---LOSE-YOUR-HEART-600.jpg
    (Credits are in the gallery)
    Some other collage type examples that Lisa and Gaelle found are so stunning (the colourful fish is what inspired me to do my own!).

However, you do not need to do a 'shaped' collage, you may create any other type of collage like. To get some more ideas check out Pinterest, type in Ocean Collage to find some really interesting collage work.

Wordart:
    For the second part of the challenge you need to add a sea/ocean/water inspired word art, song lyrics or words from a poem. I put together an inspiration board below with some sea themed quotes but you can certainly use your own.
    word-art-inspiration-board-800.jpg

Challenge this week is to create a sea-themed collage PLUS to use sea/ocean/water themed wordart; song lyrics or words from a poem.

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without a photo. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you.

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to July 31, 2021 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! As Lisa mentioned last week, every layout you create is equal to one entry in the random draw. So if you create 1 layout you are entered once, if you create 4 layouts you are entered 4 times. :)

You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

Looking forward to seeing what you creative gals come up with this week! :happydance2:heartlub

AJK, umyesh and marijke like this.
  2. caapmun

caapmun Well-Known Member

3. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I've been super excited waiting for this post!!! Alas, I have to get some work - work done. But I'll be back. Awesome tutorial Ona. I look forward to following it!

4. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

thank you for the muse. Here's my take
    [​IMG]

Dady likes this.
  5. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you Ona for this Muse

[​IMG]

Nemla likes this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for another wonderful Muse, Ona.

[​IMG]

7. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

8. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

9. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

:circles:fairydance:happydance2:happyclap Look at all of these AWESOME layouts!!! wow girls, they are simply STUNNING!! I will pop over to the gallery soon but I have a doctor's appointment today, bleh!! so will need to do it later. Just wow!!!!!! :beat

10. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

11. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I love me some traditional and digital collage! Such a pleasure to make simple little works of art.

[​IMG]

12. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

This was fun, thank you!
    [​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  13. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

here is what I came up with, it was a fun challenge, thank you.
    [​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  14. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

15. FL-Karen

FL-Karen Well-Known Member

Thank you for the challenge.
    I done the sting ray as extraction from photo (background).
    The fishies were part of the kit I used.
    [​IMG]

Nemla and wombat146 like this.
  16. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I didn't do a shape for this one, but I did an elephant for the shape in your summer school challenge. :-) The song here is something I remembered from my youth. A group of us in the neighborhood put on a musical and this was one of the songs we sang.

[​IMG]

AJK likes this.