Camping? | Pad Patter 5 july 2021

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by FarrahJobling, Jul 5, 2021.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I grew up camping! My dad was a
    Boy Scout and he was determined to teach his three girls everything he knew! It was almost always in one of California's many national or State parks (think Redwoods, Lassen, Yosemite, Sequoias). We’d go on hikes, do arts and crafts, take plaster casts of the animal prints we’d find, and especially go fishing. They were some of my favorite memories!

We tried camping with my family, but with my son’s ASD it always turned south. So, they stuck with camping through scouts. My son was in scouts from Cubs through Eagle so they did a lot there. My DH ended up also getting involved so he eventually became Scout Master, even though DS is done. In fact, he’s in the Boundary Waters right now with his troop doing the Northern Tier trek.

I have gone to Assateague a couple times recently with the Scouts, but they couldn’t get a spot this year since everyone is out camping this year with lockdowns being lifted. I do need to sleep on an air mattress due to my back, but my DH has camping down pat!! We do hope to purchase a trailer RV after he retires to travel to all the national parks.

2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

As a real young kid we always slept out in the back yard in pup tents me and my friend (now my sister in law LOL).. we spent most of the summer sleeing out there :)

As a 12 year old, we would go camping as a family.. had a 10X12 tent and we would go with my Dad's work friends and their families upstate NY... loved sitting around the campfire. His friend played the accordion so we always had music at night.. it was a lot of fun.

We used to always go camping in my late teen years with my friends.. I loved it.. when I was 19 we would go with friends during the summer out east on Long Island to Sag Harbor and stay for the week....

Just remember the cheap flip flops to wear in the showers.. Have fun.. I used to love to feed the chipmunks!

Have fun and have a great time!