Emojis | Pad Patter 6.13

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jun 13, 2021.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

One of my favorite :flirtythings here at the Pad is the awesome assortment of emojis/smilies that we have :agree. I seriously don't use enough of them :duh, but I love browsing through them and I love seeing posts filled with them used so perfectly :goldstars.

I'm curious...
    Is there one that you use most?
    Do you have a favorite or one that just makes you smile when you see it?
    Is there one that you have wished you'd have a use for, but haven't?

:giggle --> probably the one I use most, followed by :compcoffee
    :laundrynaughty --> always one of my favorites. It just makes me giggle!
    :moon --> one that I really want to find a way to work in to a conversation!

I am going to make it a mission to use more of them, even if it is just for my own amusement!!

umyesh, Ferdy and Angela Toucan like this.
  2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Don't use them often, even in text messaging.

Over the years I have found that when I see a post on any forum that has too many that have movement to them, it bothers my eyes so I guess you could say I'm not a fan of them (along with gifs). Aging is probably why.

I will use the :) and ;) just because they are easy to type.

IntenseMagic and Angela Toucan like this.
  3. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I use them all the freaking time. I love emojis :funfun

4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

:like
    (I have a soft spot for the girl playing in her scrap stash:stash & have felt like this adequately conveys my frustration with technology most of the time :throwpc. I need to use this guy more often:woohoo - he's so fun! (And might I just add, I'm so glad there's no poo emoji in this set! I'm so not a fan of that one in text msgs!

5. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

:dancebunI often use this one
    :winethis usually when something good has happened
    :throwpcthis one when it hasn't
    :yup this in gallery posts or this :-)
    :pffft I truly wish I could find a use for this

6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

:bkI love this one in a post that I pick someone's layout for a Froggie Fave.
    :idea2Love this one for the idea of this post.
    :no2 This one for chats and scraps that are while I am sleeping.

7. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I don’t use very many if any at all…not because I don’t want to but because I’m hyper aware in my field of work that not everyone can see them so I’d rather not exclude people. If I was being truly inclusive I’d use them and add image description along side so that people who are visually impaired and use screen readers and alternative tech can “see” them.

8. IntenseMagic

I understand that and yes, I tend to use the easier to type ones as well :) I reply in a hurry often!

9. IntenseMagic

:byay:yourock

10. IntenseMagic

I really like the girl in her stash as well, and woohoo guy! I very seldom use the poo emoji in text messages :eek: unless I use something like :moo in front of it :giggle

11. IntenseMagic

Love those! :wineis another one that I need to use more!

12. IntenseMagic

Those are all great! I was just looking for :bk the other day and couldn't find him for some reason. I guess I was looking right over him.

13. IntenseMagic

I totally understand that and thanks for pointing it out! Do you know if there are screen readers for computers that will read them? I know that VoiceOver on the iPhone will, but I can see where that could get confusing/overwhelming if there are a lot of them.

14. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@IntenseMagic I don’t to be honest….I actually don’t know a tonne about the assistive technology side of things at all (and to be fair I probably should).

IntenseMagic likes this.
  15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love emojis and want to use them all the time, but sometimes I get too lazy to look for the right one. My favorite one is the giggle one ---> :giggle I like to add that one when typing to make sure people know when I'm joking about something that might otherwise come off as snarky. Ha ha!

When I was still handwriting in my journal daily, I used to make TONS of tiny little emoji stickers to add in there. I loved that I could scan a journal page and get the gist of a day without even reading the words. I've gotten lazy and switched to a Google Doc for my daily journaling and the biggest thing I miss is my emojis.

:driving

IntenseMagic likes this.
  16. IntenseMagic

Several of my students use the Read&Write extension for Google Chrome, since they all have Chromebooks. It was much needed this year since some were virtual and I couldn't always do the read aloud for them. But, it's a little quirky and doesn't read emojis.

17. IntenseMagic

Yep, that's me...I get too lazy to look for much other than :giggle. That's such a neat idea to use them in journaling to get the gist of a day! How creative!

Karen likes this.
  18. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Did you know that Windows has an emoji thing built in? Just hold down the button with the "window" symbol on it and hit the period key and a little clickable box will pop up to choose emojis from. There is also an emoji menu in Google docs under insert special characters. :)

I am probably an over-user of emojis. I will often spend way longer than I should looking for just the right one. I have probably used almost all of them here at one time or another, but I think my most common are :giggle :lol :) :-)

Karen and IntenseMagic like this.
  19. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I don't usually use them, but this one :badputer suits my mood today ... I am attempting to round up all the Word documents on my father's computer and get them in one place so I can put them on his new computer ... I have NO idea how he created such a freaking mess. :circles

IntenseMagic likes this.
  20. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

There was a forum that I used to visit that had a poster that put at least 25 to 30 moving emojis in every single post they made and they posted quite often. That is emoji overkill. All they needed to make their point was a couple. And, there was no ability to block the user on the software.

I probably overused them in my past but as I've gotten older and with my vision issues I have become more sensitive to others that may have the same issues and have become more outspoken about these issues. I'm sure there are a lot of people besides me that have these problems that won't "rock the boat". I put an ad blocker on my browser because of obnoxious ads (too much movement in the ad). And if I go to a website that will not let me look at it without the ad blocker, I just don't go back. I'll find another alternative. JMHO.

IntenseMagic likes this.