Summer Vacation Plans??

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by dotcomkari, May 25, 2021.

1. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Anyone have any huge big summer vacation plans?
    I don't really have any this year at all.. yet... a friend is kinda wanting to go out to San Diego for a week to visit the Zoo and a few places. His daughter passed a year ago of bone cancer and he is wanting to follow her steps .. and see what she saw on her wish trip (she went with her mother..he didn't get to go) and he asked me to go along as a support person. I may.. not sure yet ..

but otherwise no big plans for me..

what about you>

2. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

My sister and BIL are coming to visit for two weeks, and I’m so excited!! Then I’ll fly to Colorado to visit my other sister for a week. Other than that I’ll just be doing day trips to Mount Vernon, Colonial Williamsburg and other places near home.

3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Nothing planned, still staying close to home. I hope to spend a day at Devil's Lake Michigan in July but that is dependent on the FL family... not sure if they are making the trip this year since the place they always stayed was being torn down (don't know if they found another rental).

4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hubby is taking off the week of July 4th, but I have no idea what we'll do that week.

5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We don't plan on going anywhere, but we have visitors coming here - it's going to be a fun summer.

6. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

No, there are still restrictions all over Europe, and they seem to change if not daily then definitely weekly, what country we are allowed in, who can come here.... so it is impossible to plan anything, and really I am not comfortable getting on a plane yet. But perhaps in Autumn I get to visit family in Denmark or the UK if the other shoe doesn't drop.....
    But planning to swim a lot, and read a lot ,in the shade, with a cool drink and a packet of Crips :hammock

LynnG, Karen and cfile like this.
  7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hmmmm.... we are planning a big vacation next April for Spring Break... maybe a weekend trip or something last minute this summer. We have the beach for any weekend at my moms, but we like the mountains and lakes. So, I'll check those areas out. Even if we go camp!

8. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I just can't think that far ahead yet.

Donitab and bestcee like this.
  9. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Nothing planned for the summer. I may go to the beach for a week in September/October (decent weather/low crowds), and I may drive down to Orlando to visit a friend and go to Disney World in November. I'm still not comfortable with crowds.

10. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Restrictions are going to start lifting as the summer goes on here in BC. I'm looking forward to going to the movie theatre but want my second shot first which I should be getting next month. Not sure when the border will open up but when it does we need to spend some days at our trailer in Washington to clean up after almost 2 yrs of not being there. I can only imagine the debris on the property to clean up on the ground, the porch, the roof...ugh. The indoors will need to be scrubbed down thoroughly and everything washed. It'll be a big job for a number of days I'm sure.

bestcee likes this.
  11. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

We're headed to our place in Michigan today and my in-laws will meet us there tomorrow for a very small fully vaccinated family reunion (just five of us). We'll do the same with my fully vaccinated parents next month. Clara and I are hoping to book a trip to Disneyland as soon as it opens to out of state people... but we'll see what happens. And in August, my husband, two kids and I are booked for a week in Hawaii!! My son stayed at his college apartment this whole time and we haven't gotten to see him that much... so excited for the four of us to be together again now that we've all had our shots!

bestcee and Karen like this.
  12. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We don't have any major plans and that to me is an ideal summer! :giggle We are going to Minnesota this weekend to visit some really good friends for their youngest son's HS graduation and then we have one weekend of camping planned. Other than that we get to decide what we want to do each weekend when we feel like it! Yay! That was honestly one of the things I loved about last summer.... we couldn't go anywhere, so we had a LOT more downtime at home on the weekends and we got so many house projects done! Our yard never looked better! :giggle

13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

We're heading to the beach about mid July, and I seriously cannot wait. Last year was the first in probably 30 years that I didn't go. We also have some day trips and maybe a couple of weekend trips. If it works out, Chance and I are taking a train trip to DC to see the Dodgers play the Nationals on the weekend of the 4th of July.

Donitab likes this.
  14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Not much. We plan on a lot of day trips around the area to explore some parks, hikes, and other areas of interest. If the Canada border opens, we plan on visiting my brother up there. Munchkin and I may head to Utah. My mother in law is relocating from Utah to my house this summer at some point. I may head out and drive her car back here. But that's up in the air.

15. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

In June we are headed to Williamsburg with my son & wife and her parents for a week. We plan on hitting the water park and Busch Gardens, but will also probably do some of the historical stuff too. My husband and I have done a lot of things in the area but never tire of seeing them again.

Then about a week & half after that we are flying to Michigan with my parents to visit my 3 sisters that still live there. My brother and family is also flying up, so my parents will be with all of their children at the same time over July 4th. It has been several years since that last happened.

16. Joan K

Joan K Maybe I'll just grow down

My daughter and I are taking her kids (ages 10, 12 and 13) on a road trip. We fly to Vegas, then drive to SoCal to see her inlaws and my son - her brother. Sightseeing and going to the beach - not sure what all. We're leaving the hubbies at home! Hubby and I are looking at a trip this fall, but nothing definite yet. Safe travels to all who are on the roads or in the air this summer!

17. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

After the last year, anything feels like "big plans!" We rented a house near a lake for a week in mid-June. It's about an hour and a half from our house, and it will be the farthest we've been since January 2020 and the first time since then that we were away from home overnight. It's just the 5 of us, but we can't wait! By late June all of us will be fully vaccinated, so in July we're finally going to drive up to see my family in Connecticut. We'll stay with my parents but also see my brother and sister's families while we're there. We'll only have time for a long weekend then, but the kids and I will go back for a longer visit in August. Oh, and next week the preschool I teach at is holding its first in-person week since the pandemic started. I've subbed in other schools this spring, but I'm so excited to go back and see some of "my" kids in my school before they move onto K.

18. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

My daughter has a week long softball tournament in Reno, NV in July so we are taking our time there & back to make it a fun road trip. Otherwise we are just going to lay low & soak up as much lake time as we can at the inlaws lake house (lake Coeur D'Alene, ID- only 30 mins from our house!)

19. LynnG

LynnG Designer

What an emotional trip that would be. It's lovely that he wants you along, even if it doesn't end up happening :-)

We are heading into winter here. No travel plans, and none for the foreseeable future. Some acquaintances headed across to Australia, because we are able to do that now, but an outbreak in Melbourne has seen them trapped there in lockdown. I can't imagine I'll be going over till everyone who wants to be vaccinated has been, both there and here. But maybe next summer, to visit family and friends in Australia (Jan 2022 ... maybe!)

littlekiwi likes this.
  20. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Same as Lynn, winter here. I might have the odd domestic trip for job interviews but that will be it (not just because of COVID but lack of $$$). With extended family being based in Vancouver, Canada the chances of seeing them any time soon is well.....remote now.