Title pages for albums?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by QuiltyMom, Apr 15, 2021.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I'm coming to the end of making my son's Scouting album, and I'm stuck with what to do for a title page. I'm looking for any or all suggestions that you may have, and examples would be great!

Thanks!!

2. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Hi Jan, I just sent you a PM.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Often times I repeat what I put on the cover of the album.

For my son's Eagle Scout album, I scanned his level patches and then arranged those for the cover & title page. I called it Journey to Eagle.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Is there any thing that you could do the MOC extreme challenge for? Some insignia that could be cut out and maybe tuck the patches in between them?

QuiltyMom likes this.
  5. QuiltyMom

I didn't know if a summary would be good to do. Honestly, I'm getting journaling fatigue! I'm just getting brain drain with this project and I can't wait until it's done. I'm hoping to get it to my son for his birthday in May.

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I struggle w/ these too.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  7. QuiltyMom

I hear you. I hate to start an album with a regular page because it seems so stark. We'll see what I end up doing!

8. HavaDrPepper

I've been looking at some of my title pages, most of which are done last! I've got a variety of different types of pages.

2 books on families have individual photos of the family members with the family name. The book for my father's side of the family has the family name followed by "The Beginning" with 2 photos of my grandparents and the 14 children I grew up knowing. The book for my mother's side of the family also has the family name followed by "The Beginning". This one has a photo of my grandparents, the 3 kids/spouses and the 3 oldest grandkids.

My only cruise starts with the picture taken when boarding the cruise and lists the date of the cruise. My travel album used a SWL template of a signpost 8 "signs" (Destination, North, Beach, East, Unknown, West, Mountains, South) and 8 photos from various trips. It is one of my favorite title pages as well.

My Disney album uses a PM Disney cutout, PM kit and a template that looks like Mickey's head. Since it encompasses every Disney trip I've done, no dates are on it.

Other title pages have been done with word art. Peyton's book is a couple pictures of her with her AKC name. An album for all the retreats/meetups with my scrapping friends from another forum has the words "Special times.... Special Friends...." with various 11 photos from various times. I've got 2 volumes so the 2nd one is the same except different photos.

And, my "book of me" album has my baby photo, my birth stats and several items of interest that happened during that year with the actual title being the year in HUGE numbers.

I really want to do one of the MOC extreme challenge layouts for a title page, just don't have an album in mind for it at this time. SWL has a lot of template that make good title pages as well. When in doubt, I search my SWL stash and usually end up with an idea sparked by a template (see above travel title page).

QuiltyMom likes this.
  9. QuiltyMom

Oh - this was amazing to read! Thank you so much!!! You gave me an idea ... to have two pics of him, one as a Cub and one as an Eagle (put that one into a fleur-de-lis), then find a title to fit. Yay!!!!! :bk:bk:bk

bestcee, HeatherB and HavaDrPepper like this.
  10. HavaDrPepper

@QuiltyMom Glad I inspired you! Can't wait to see it!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've never done a completely themed album to need a title page. Isn't that weird? I just make the first page whatever is next in my list of family pages and move on. I did have a friend recently ask me to make an album from his daughter's Make a Wish trip to Disney though, so I'll keep an eye out here for ideas for a title page for that album!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  12. QuiltyMom

I make a lot of themed albums, many of them Disney, but I typically make my first page a travel page explaining the trip and showing travel photos. So for scouting I just got stumped!

Karen likes this.