Speaking of Coffee - Firefox Apps

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by shades of bliss, Sep 19, 2010.

1. shades of bliss

shades of bliss bolʹshie koshki

On my recent up-grade of Firefox, I found an app that I'm totally loving called Morning Coffee. It allows you to add sites for everyday or for a specific day and then with the click of a button it opens all of them on different tabs. So currently I have all my CTs on the Everyday button. So as soon as I set down, I can just click on the coffee button and all of them open right up. I can just move from one to the other.

But I know I'm probably behind the times, just figuring out the apps on Firefox. Do you all have favs. Share what you all love so I can catch up.

2. Lisa Carroll

Lisa Carroll Lisa Carroll

That sounds nice, I will have to check that one out. Thanks for the tip! I have no clue about firefox apps. I just stick to what I have until DH does something different.

3. eryn

eryn gross no longer

ooh thanks Claire! I actually discovered that early this year but my computer was so stuffed that I didn't want to add it...but now it would be fabulous! Thanks for reminding me!

4. coco

coco coco

oooh wow that sounds great :) i have to check that later :beat ty claire :)

5. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I never even knew Firefox HAD apps! Thanks Claire!

6. Dana

Dana Dana

that does sound cool! i don't use firefox (i use safari) - but i have a favorite folder called morning coffee where i have all my 'read every day' links ...

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Um... this will make you feel more "with it" Claire, I still use Internet Explorer and apparently I'm the only one left on the planet! LOL! :) So, I didn't know Firefox had apps either.

8. eclecticscraps

eclecticscraps New Member

Been a while since I went looking for new apps - this sounds like one I need to have! TFS!

9. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

I have one that makes each tab a different color... Colorful Tabs (or something like that)
    I'll have to check out the morning coffee one! :) Thanks!

10. shades of bliss

Do you remember the name of that one. It sounds cool Lynn.

11. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I've been using Morning Coffee for a while. Love it. I have about 10 sites it brings up each day. I used to also have the weekly digi sales added in on their respective days, but I've taken those out for now until I have money to spend again. LOL

Other extensions I have:

IE Tab 2 - Lets me run IE from within Firefox for those occasions that I find something that doesn't work in Firefox.

DownThemAll - For downloading multiple files from one page simultaneously.

Fox Lingo - a translator. I haven't been using it long, but I have a couple of friends who only blog in their native language, so I can use that to right click on the page and get an instant (somewhat butchered) translation.

New Tab Homepage - Loads my homepage whenever I launch a new tab. (My homepage is iGoogle with a bunch of link boxes on it, so I use that for navigating.)

Personas - Just fun skins for the browser. :)

Session Manger - If my browser crashes, it remembers what I was doing. Also can save sets of pages to load on demand. For example, I have one set with various challenge sites around digiland that I bring up if I'm looking for inspiration. I have another set with all my CT forums. I also have it set up that when I close the last open copy of my browser, I have the option of having it bring back up the same pages next next time. Very helpful if I am working on something in the evening before bed that I want to continue in the morning.

I used to have the Google Toolbar installed as well, but it started causing some problems with alt text, which I like to use when skimming forums to peek at threads without opening them, so I've disabled it for now.

12. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

I had no clue (big surprise)...that's really cool!!!!

13. shades of bliss

Oh thanks Kim!!! Good stuff. Goood stufff!!

14. Davita

Davita Member

Claire, wow how handy. TY!!!!!!

15. tania

tania Clap Hands, Save Fairies

16. kelseyll

kelseyll Member

Apps for Firefox?? Who knew?! I'm just getting used to those on my Droid x phone! I use IE right now and had no idea there were cool things out for Firefox!

17. oh yes i love morning coffee

I also use
    lastpass to remember all my signin names/passwords
    webmail notifier /checks all my emails addy's every minute and tells me when i have new mail LOL
    kaboodle - shopping wish list
    fire ftp