pizza day | pad patter 2.9.21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Feb 9, 2021.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Oh, pizza! How I miss it!!!

These days I can only have faux pizza. Yes, these is such a thing, and it’s a poor substitute for the original. The only pizza that’s “safe” for me to eat is Daiya brand (no gluten/dairy/soy/meat/nuts). I get their pepperoni pizza but it doesn’t have that chewy crust and oozy cheese taste. The closest thing to real pizza I can eat is one from a local place, the Lost Dog Cafe, but with no cheese. Oh well. Beggars can’t be choosers!

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

My girls like Red Barron pepperoni pizza so I stock up the freezer with those when they go on sale.

3. keepscrappin

baked potato pizza... hmmm, definitely different but sounds yummy!

4. keepscrappin

It seems like we have pizza every other day too, because we eat so much of it. :giggle

5. keepscrappin

Never heard of either of these kinds of pizza, but anything with bacon sounds yummy to me! :giggle

StefanieS likes this.
  6. keepscrappin

oh yes, dessert pizza is a fav too! I can't wait for the pandemic to end so we can go to the pizza buffet place and enjoy all the dessert pizzas.

7. keepscrappin

WOW! Working for Pizza Hut all those years... did you get sick of pizza?

8. keepscrappin

That place sounds so fun!

9. keepscrappin

I like it all but NOT the black olives! I got sick once when I had olives and can't even look at them now.

10. keepscrappin

That's so cool that your favorite pizza place is so close to home... very convenient when the "what's for dinner" question comes up and you don't want to cook. :agree

gonewiththewind likes this.
  11. keepscrappin

I love Hawaiian pizza but never heard of slivered almonds with it... I'm curious now and will have to try it with almonds if I can find it that way.

umyesh likes this.
  12. keepscrappin

Yes, fresh made pizza is best! We were so sad when our dine in Pizza Hut closed down several years ago. It's hard to find a good sit down pizza place nearby. There are a couple 30 minutes away that we like to go to for date nights, so hopefully they'll open back up for dine in soon.

13. keepscrappin

Oh Jan... I don't know how you do it with your allergies... that would be soooo hard!

14. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Yes, and it's been happening a LOT during my treatment. LOL

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I love giordanos deep dish cheese and sausage. It's Chicago style. Since we are not in Chicago any more, we usually just do a Pizza hut thin and crispy (yes the polar opposite of deep dish) supreme. At work they usually order a Little Caesers half pepperoni half cheese stick covered with butter and parm and that is pretty tasty but so unhealthy, lol

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. keepscrappin

I actually like Little Caesars pepperoni pizza and crazy bread with sauce. All that parm and dripping garlic butter is sooo yummy, but hubby's not a Little Caesars fan so I just get it when it's just me and the kids and I want cheap and easy. A Little Caesars came in about a mile down the road and they have a drive thru so that makes it easy, unless we have a friend over that can't have gluten. I wish more places offered gluten free so it'd be easier when I'm trying to feed DD's friends that need gluten free.

17. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I love pizza, but we tend not to get it too often because it's so high in calories. My 17-year old won't eat it at all--nothing with melted cheese. My favorite pizza is pineapple with artichoke or mushrooms. Sooo good! I also like margherita or plain cheese.

18. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I did get sick of it while working in a store. The staff used to get excited when there was a new product to try. I spent from late 2004 to early 2007 in a store so was surrounded by pizza but from early 2007 til late 2010 I was in an office based job with them so hardly saw any pizza, I just sold it!

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

Pizza is our takeaway go to, we order from domino’s. My go to is Veggie Supreme (Domino's Own Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese, Sweetcorn, Mushrooms, Onions, Green and Red Peppers, Tomatoes) boring I know. I’m not vegetarian but I love a vegetable pizza. If I don’t order this one I go for the Chicken Feast (Domino's Own Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese, Chicken Breast Strips, Sweetcorn, Mushrooms)

My son loves Meateor (BBQ Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese, Pepperoni, Smoked Bacon Rashers, Pork Meatballs, Ground Beef, Sausage). I don’t eat a lot of red meat so tend to say away from the meat filled pizza, I find them to greasy.

keepscrappin likes this.