pizza day | pad patter 2.9.21

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Feb 9, 2021.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

It's national pizza day.... YUM!
    [​IMG]

I love, love, LOVE PIZZA! We have pizza quite often at our house. Our favorite is Pizza Hut's thin crust supreme with cheese, pepperoni, Italian sausage, green peppers, red onions, mushrooms and the hut favorite crust. The kids like good ole pepperoni pizza. Lately we've been getting a family size pepperoni take n bake pizza from Papa Murphy's and cooking it on a pizza stone on our Traeger smoker... it's oh so GOOD, YUM!

What's your favorite pizza?

jesskab likes this.
  2. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

We had Ledo's last night ... I love their meatball pizza, but I'll eat anything on pizza other than olives and anchovies.

I buy a lot of frozen pepperoni pizza for my youngest grandson. He's a picky eater ... thing is he's gotten tired of the few things he'll eat. When he complains about meals being boring I point out that if he ate a bigger variety of foods, then meals wouldn't be so boring ...

keepscrappin and jesskab like this.
  3. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I miss Papa Murphy's!!! We don't have one near us anymore. We LOVE pizza in our home. Our favorite is Pizza My Heart. The boys like cheese & I like one called Big Sur, it has 40 Cloves of Roasted Garlic, Organic Tomato Pizza Sauce, Pepperoni, Sausage, Portobello Mushrooms & Green Onions. Really, we like pizza from almost anywhere.

[​IMG]

keepscrappin and Memaw2Wm like this.
  4. CaroB71

CaroB71 Why, yes, I DO know the answer!

I love pizza - but it has to have a thin crust. It's also best when the toppings are simple and fresh!
    We have some great local pizza restaurants where I live.
    One of my favourite pizza memories is eating at Grimaldi's under the Brooklyn Bridge.

5. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

We eat a lot of pizza... cause it comes in all sorts of kinds..lol

Our favorite is taco pizza from a local joint.. they make everything from scratch and it is the best..

But I also love chicken bacon alfredo pizza

And another local joint makes this baked potato pizza..with lots of cheese..and gravy and its divine

I also love spinach..tomato ..chicken and bacon pizza

And ... cheese curd and hamburger pizza

Lol

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

@dotcomkari baked potato pizza with gravy? I don't know about that. There used to be this great spot in San Francisco that did Mr. Pestato Head. It was thinly sliced potato with pesto, so good!

keepscrappin and dotcomkari like this.
  7. dotcomkari

Yup it has this tasty gravy.. the whole pizza kinda reminds me of a pizza poutine.....

8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

About every other day is pizza day. Not really, but we eat a lot of it! The best pizza I've ever had is from a neighborhood pizza place about a mile up the road. It's called "Skeeters". Haha

9. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

We all have our favourites too.
    Mine is Chicken mayo with extra bacon. DH's is bacon, feta and avo.

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My favorite is from a local pizza place. Their pizzas are all a thin crust although you can get a super-thin crust or a thick crust if you like. I like thin and I order ham and pineapple on my pizza. I'm salivating just thinking about when I can eat pizza again! This place also has the best potato skins as well.

Over 25 years ago when I worked in another city, every once in awhile the office would close for lunch and go out for pizza buffet at a Godfather's. I headed straight for the dessert pizza and ate nothing but it. It was actually called Streusel and I loved the cinnamon. Tasted just like cinnamon rolls.

keepscrappin and Memaw2Wm like this.
  11. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Fun fact....I worked for Pizza Hut from late 2004 for nearly 6 years.

Back to the question though.....I love a thin crust pizza. As far as flavour combinations my fave takeout pizza flavour would be Hawaiian and my fave frozen pizza flavours would be Chicken, Cranberry & Brie (-minus the Brie) or spinach, tomato & mozzarella.

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

That reminds me, I moonlighted as a Domino's Pizza driver for a couple of years in the early 90s. Pretty sure I've still got my hat and shirt tucked away in a storage bin.

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I don't particularly like pizza at all :hide
    I will eat if there's no other option, but I don't choose it and I prefer all veggies.
    Mellow Mushroom used to have one pizza that I loved, but they don't make it any more. It had a pesto base topped with button and Portobello mushrooms, feta and mozzarella cheeses, spinach and jalapeno peppers.
    I also do make pizzas on the grill occasionally and will make a buffalo chicken one for me. I think it's the red sauce on most pizza that I just don't like.

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. dotcomkari

Now I am kinda craving pizza....

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. Donitab

Donitab If only the TV would yell back

We have a local place called 575 (well, it’s an hour and a half away). The #’s represent the temp of the oven. My fave is called Green Striped Piggy. This is as close to NY style pizza I’ve found. We love Lombardi’s in NY and eating at Grimaldi’s in Grapevine, Tx. Here’s a pic of the menu showing what is on my Green Striped Piggy. 36C4B0FE-2297-4419-B5DB-294007A16BB5.jpeg

16. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I love pizza with ham and all the veggies. It must be colorful! LOL Just enough cheese to keep the toppings from sliding off.

Our standard order is pepperoni, ham, green pepper, onion, mushrooms and black olives.

We have a local family owned pizza place that is heavy handed with fresh toppings and they have awesome breadsticks too.

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

My favorite is chicken, spinach & artichoke hearts with either a garlic sauce or an alfredo sauce.

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

We have quite a few spots around town, but our fave is right at the end of our street - Socio's. We usually ask for light sauce and most often get pepperoni and cheese. I do like their Mexican and Meatza specialty pizzas. We will have frozen pizza often as well. It figures in our meals at least once a week.

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Hawaiian (ham & pineapple) with slivered almonds and stuffed crust!

keepscrappin likes this.
  20. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I love pizza....all kinds. Deep dish, stuffed crust, tossed, thin, veggie, meats, Hawaiian... We used to have a local shop that made pizza that we loved but it closed down a couple years ago. We haven't really found a new favorite place. I am not a huge fan of frozen pizza...if I'm going to have pizza I like it to be made fresh.

keepscrappin likes this.