Scrapping a journey of sorts

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by littlekiwi, Jul 3, 2020.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Been thinking of this since I got accepted into my Graduate Diploma program this week. I hardly took any photos of anything during my degree so don’t really have any documentation of those three years. Now that I’m back studying I want to scrap about it especially as it will take up 10-15 hours a week for the next two years but have no idea how to approach it as it’s 100% done online so won’t have any pictures of people, facilities, events like I would in a normal university course. Right now my only thoughts are screen shots but whether that’s enough to scrap with I’m not sure as it could get quite repetitive pretty quickly.

2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

If it were me, I would try to get a photo of me at the computer while doing an assignment or studying. I use regular cameras and do have a tripod so could easily set it up to take a photo on a timer. At least one to actually show me interacting with the school.

If you have to do any type of research from physical books, get photos of them as well.

littlekiwi likes this.
  3. littlekiwi

Thanks for those ideas @HavaDrPepper, I hadn’t thought of any of those to be honest

4. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

You could do a journaling page each week about it. What you are taking, what you learned, etc... Pictures of text books? Include papers you have to write...

BevG likes this.
  5. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Maybe include a calendar of a typical week in the life of being a student? i.e. when your classes are, when you study, when you do other things.

ForeverJoy likes this.
  6. littlekiwi

There is no typical week looking at things as I don’t have any virtual class times even, it’s all videos and readings online then three assignments over 16 weeks.

BevG likes this.
  7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

So why don't you document your time spent working on school items on a calendar and then use that to write about the experience when you are done. If you have any specific thoughts about any specific assignment, note them as well. A calendar diary so to speak. Scrapbooking is about more than photos :)

littlekiwi likes this.
  8. littlekiwi

Great idea!

9. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Do the university has a physical location? Use some of their professional pictures to scrap with.

10. littlekiwi

Not in terms of a place that has physical lectures or tutorials which I would attend. All of their courses are done online with the odd in person workshop but as far as I am aware I won’t have any in person contact at all during my studies.

11. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I understand you are doing an online program but does the university has a website and buildings that they have photos of? You could use some of those.

12. littlekiwi

I will have a look on Google images again but looking initially there wasn’t much apart from the institution’s logo.

Dalis likes this.
  13. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Love the ideas you've been given! Here are two template sets that might work. You could journal or include screen shots/etc.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The bottom-left in the second pack could be fun to write a quick line about what you accomplish each day (since you don't have set "class times") as well as have some screenshots/school logo/etc and a journal card.

littlekiwi and HavaDrPepper like this.
  14. littlekiwi

Thanks for the suggestions @Tree City, have wishlisted that 2nd template set

Tree City likes this.
  15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Online student.
    I have photos of me in front of the screen at home. I also have photos of the app I use (Canvas). I have photos of me at weird places doing school work. Like, reading my book in a hot tub last month.
    I also take photos of work that I print out or finished projects. I have photos of DH at the computer, screenshots of good assessments. Even though it's online, I still have some physical writing that I have made - notes, etc.

16. littlekiwi

Great ideas @bestcee - I’m still figuring out how I am studying on a day to day basis so haven’t thought too much more into scrapping my studies. To be fair I’m more worried about the course workload and the fact my first assignment is due in 3 1/2 weeks!

17. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

You could also do a weekly page about your break time- what you do to give the other side of your brain some "equal opportunity"! Maybe a clock page with time wedges of your usual activities!

bestcee likes this.
  18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Take photos. You can always figure out what to do later! Also, it's fun to see how things have changed in my studying. So, Any photos are fun to have later.

19. littlekiwi

Have been considering this kit as an option but wondering if it’s going to work fully as from the preview there’s only a few things I’d use

[​IMG]

20. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

What were you thinking of using from it? And is there something you wish the kit had? I'm on FJ's CT, so if you want I could take a look at the kit in my stash and see if what you need is in there (but not visible in the preview). And any of us here could help you with figuring out what other kits could fill the gaps (you're a Storyteller member, right? I can't imagine a ST kit/AO wouldn't work with Study Hall! :) )