Photoshop glitch

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by michelepixels, Jun 25, 2020.

1. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Sheesh! I'm trying to scrap for the first time since the recent Adobe CC upgrade and Photoshop is doing a very weird annoying thing.
    Anytime I move anything -- text, my photo -- it leaves the image behind in the old location. Not like a separate layer in the layers palette -- so I can't delete it! -- but like the screen is not refreshing.
    @FarrahJobling I don't know that I'll be able to do the slow scrap. :cry
    I mean, moving items around is a big part of what we do in digiscrapping. But how can I scrap when everything I do duplicates itself and makes a mess?

I was worried it was the fault of my old 2011 iMac; maybe it can't handle the Adobe CC upgrade. It wouldn't be the first time I've found that I'm just using too old of a device. (My iPhone 6 is ancient too.) But my husband says he has read that others are experiencing glitches with Photoshop too.

Are you?

I might try again later. And crossing fingers that Adobe fixes it soon!

2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

3. michelepixels

Thank you Kayla. Unchecking that little box seems to have made the problem go away. But I'm still bothered. Why did it happen? And what does it all mean? Is this like something that works only on new computers? Why would "Legacy Compositing" be a thing by default that we have to turn off? I'm asking generally, not meaning to bombard you with questions. :)

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Usually, it's the other way. Last I looked it up, Legacy Compositing would turn off some of the newer features that cause issues with graphics cards or older computers. I had your issue two or three updates ago and had to change something about my graphics card. I'm glad you were able to fix it so easily!

5. michelepixels

So this is a thing because I have an old computer? (a 2011 iMac)

6. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

No, the Legacy Compositing was supposed to help systems that couldn't handle the newer features. If you do a clean install, Legacy Compositing is turned off. It's just there as a safety net kind of thing. I've had mine turned on for quite a while out of habit - I don't remember why I originally used it. Whatever they changed in the latest version though seemed to "break" Legacy Compositing by introducing this duplication error, so the safety net is effectively gone.

I auto-upgraded to the latest version of PS this week, and even with the Legacy Compositing turned off, I'm still seeing a bit of that duplication issue while I'm actively dragging things, but it goes away as soon as I let go. Annoying, but not the end of the world.

cfile, bestcee and michelepixels like this.
  7. michelepixels

Thanks. I'm just curious.

It seems to have completely gone away. I've made three layouts today.

The only weird thing now is when I drag items from Finder onto my layout, the same way I have for many years, for a moment my layout turns completely black. Just a big black rectangle. It probably does not last even an entire second, and then it looks as it should, so it doesn't matter, but it's not supposed to do that, so it's disconcerting. I trust it will be fixed in the next update. At least I can still scrap!

bestcee and KimJ like this.
  8. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Thank you so much for posting this here! I had this problem yesterday and got so frustrated I made the layout in Elements instead!

michelepixels likes this.