rotisserie chicken | pad patter 6.2.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Jun 2, 2020.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Hey hey! It's national rotisserie chicken day... YUM!

[​IMG]

Rotisserie chickens are one of my most loved cooking shortcuts. I use rotisserie chicken for so many things. Quesadillas, haystacks, chicken noodle soup, chicken salad, casseroles... pretty much any recipe that calls for cooked chicken.

I may have to make a special trip to Sam's Club today and see if they have rotisserie chickens. It's my favorite place to get rotisserie chickens for an easy, winner, winner chicken dinner!

What's your favorite thing to make with rotisserie chicken and where do you get yours?

jesskab likes this.
  2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

We get ours at Costco and we just eat our rotisserie chicken until it is gone... We were at Costco yesterday and got the cooked wings instead. Popped them in the oven to warm them when we got home and yummy!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

I get mine at Costco or Superstore...and I love using it in chicken enchiladas, or for BBQ chicken pizza and then using the leftovers for soup...yummy!!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. keepscrappin

wings... yum!

5. keepscrappin

Oh yes I forgot about chicken enchiladas and BBQ chicken pizza sounds yummy... I'll have to remember that one for those nights when I don't know what to make for dinner.

6. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I have been so into rotisserie chicken lately. I like it with macaroni salad & a Hawaiian roll. I bought two last week & shredded one for the freezer. Quick add-in for pasta & stuff. I made Pioneer Woman's chicken salad with grapes, it was so good. A whole chicken makes way too much chicken salad though. I'll have to make a mini batch next time.

Memaw2Wm and keepscrappin like this.
  7. keepscrappin

Rotisserie chicken and a hawaiian roll... yum! I'll have to go look up the pioneer woman's chicken salad recipe. I love watching her cook on tv.

8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

What a shame. I used to get rotisserie chicken just about every time I went shopping but now I go less often and first thing in the morning so there never is any. I have no idea if they're still offering them later in the day. I usually get them from my regular store Wegmans. And then my family usually just eats them as they are and they disappear quickly. :D

keepscrappin and BevG like this.
  9. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

What a great idea for tomorrow's meal! While DD will be at school (she started again on Monday), I want to go to a shop I haven't been to since March, and I won't have much time to cook before she returns. Sounds perfect!

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Karen and keepscrappin like this.
  11. keepscrappin

Ours used to disappear quickly when my son was living at home, but now that it's just my youngest DD, hubby and me; we usually have leftovers that I can freeze or use for something the next day.

12. keepscrappin

oh yes, they're always great when you're short on time to cook! enjoy your time shopping!

cinderella likes this.
  13. keepscrappin

sounds yummy! thanks for linking the recipe! I've never thought to spritz with oil and bake... genius!

14. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

We LOVE Rotisserie chickens! I buy one every time we go to the store if they are not sold out. Our local grocery's deli has the best ones. We do tacos, enchiladas, chicken noodle soup, and sometimes just right out of the box lol. I recently did this Chicken Tortilla Casserole and it was soooo good!!

15. keepscrappin

yum! Thanks for linking the recipe!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  16. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

We've actually been buying our chickens from a local restaurant and it's the best rotisserie chicken I've ever had. They are super awesome and will actually cut the chicken into pieces which makes it super easy to serve and to debone. Since quarantine and limiting our grocery visits, we haven't been to their store, but just talking about it is making my mouth water. The chicken never makes it into recipes because we eat it as is! LOL

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I would usually only grab one if I'm at the grocery store and don't feel like cooking after all the hassle of shopping and putting the groceries away. But now 1 will barely feed our family...so I have to buy 2. :eek

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I really love when I make it myself, but it's getting so expensive and Costco's one is pretty good.

SeattleSheri and keepscrappin like this.
  19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love this trick for speeding up cooking too! My favorite use for it is Santa Fe Chicken. It's a recipe I got on the back of a Minute Rice box and is so super yummy and fast! The best trick though is my local grocery store is now selling the shredded chicken from rotisserie chickens by the pound, so I don't even have to shred it! That's my favorite!

keepscrappin and Dalis like this.
  20. keepscrappin

already shredded chicken, now that’s thinking! :agree

Karen likes this.