Pet Peeves | Pad Patter 5.6

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, May 6, 2020.

1. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

OK, OK....crumbs left on the butter! When I want to put a pat of butter on the asparagus, and can’t find JUST BUTTER, but butter dotted with crumbs.

The new NORMAL: Me ‘n’ Dave are going to Costco. It is DAVE AND I are going to Costco, but I’ll bet 95% of people say “me and....” Most of my family says it incorrectly. My oldest son (who says it properly) has been trying to educate his wife and 3 kids on this subject for years. Finally gave up. To the ears of anyone born in the 1940s or 1950s, saying “me and.....” sounds like it is coming out of the mouth of someone who never went to school. ...and I have probably just insulted 90% of the people who read this! sorry.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    HavaDrPepper likes this.
  2. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Repetition of any kind: Rap music. Loud base beat of some music amplified by subwoofers. Tapping. Dripping. Songs that don't end, especially when people want to repeat the same phrase, chorus, etc. ad nauseum (for example, some jazz or classic rock music or worship songs). :duh Just end it, people!

I really can't handle the sound of slurping and chewing. The only thing I cannot fix are the microphones implanted in my husband's cheeks which amplifies all of his eating and drinking noises. I unplug my hearing aids to take the edge off.

3. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

OMG this is my current one too and my hubby said the same thing!!!! My son started doing it also the other day! I comment on it all the time that it drives me nuts!

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. meganmecrazy

*The trail of socks everyone in the house leaves all over the house.:madd
    *How the laundry basket can be RIGHT THERE but they throw their clothes right beside it. :furious

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. dbregant

dbregant Well-Known Member

I've been married to hubby for almost 27 years and THIS WEEK he starts this ANNOYING noise of an open mouth intake of air through his teeth....but it sounds slurpy. He has never done this before! We are working from home and my computer is 2 feet from his recliner, so when he watches tv with his headphones on.... all I can hear is is slurpy breathing. I want to figure out how to snap him out of it, before it becomes a long-term habit.

Also...selfish people annoy me!

6. dbregant

dbregant Well-Known Member

Oh - I am so guilty of the crumby butter. My apologies to my family members if this bugs them, too!

7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Thankfully we don't have crumby butter in our house. I am gluten-intolerant so I can't be eating any glutenized crumbs.

8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

My peeves are too many to mention... but I will note one that has bugged me since I had children, all grown and gone now, and my current dh does it too. If you can get it into the sink you can get it into the dishwasher! DH now puts a dish NEAR the sink...but in all fairness, he does stack the dishwasher in a weird way. Kind of like the way he used to say There's no room in the trunk (of the car) for that....and I'd shift a few things and get one more suitcase it.

Finally, he IS in charge of all dishwashing except my good pots and knives. He cannot fathom hand washing anything.

9. meganmecrazy

And yet another one...when kids or DH put food in the microwave without covering it and it gets EVERYWHERE!!!