Throwback Thursday

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by michelepixels, May 7, 2020.

1. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Just feeling kind of amazed and want to share. Today I've been working on copying old, old blog posts over to my digital journal (Day One). I just came across this old photo. See how long I've been digiscrapping?! This old Dell machine and big rock of a monitor were what I used to learn digiscrapping. :rollin
    upload_2020-5-7_20-26-38.jpeg
    It's January 13, 2009, that's Photoshop Elements 5 or 6, and I'm creating a layout for my very first Project 365/52. I was taking daily photos and making two page spreads of that week's photos every weekend.

2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

How fun to find that picture! I love finding gems like that. Thanks for sharing.

michelepixels likes this.
  3. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

@michelepixels thankyou for sharing this. I learnt to digi scrap using PSE6.

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Michele, @michelepixels - you got me curious. I found a few digi pages from 2010, so I'm going to say I've been digi scrapping since 2010 now. I was going through all of my old files, too. You got me in the mood to do some housecleaning and I found what I believe to be my first page. I know I didn't do much digi in 2010, because I was still heavily into paper scrapping then. In 2011, I had quite a few digi pages, but it looks like I really took off in 2012.

5. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I remember it well...this was a year into my 2nd marriage and my dh had an IBM think pad. It was a few years later I got a Mac Mini and started with PSE 6, the only thing that Macs could use then.

[​IMG]

6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Haha so fun! Man, those monitors were heavy!! I had already switched to a laptop (I think it was a Gateway) when I started scrapping in 2006, and I started with PS CS2. I was looking to see if I could find any old photos but I didn't see any of my old machines. They may still be in my "to be scanned" pile. But I did find this one from my ex-husband's office in 1999 of a machine like one of my first, and the thing that I found humorous about it (other than DD's face) was the phone on the wall looks exactly like the phones that we still have at my school today hahaha
    1999.jpg

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Love these throw back photos! Isn't it great how far computers and more specifically computer monitors have come?!

8. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I like the phone in the picture too!

9. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I have spent the last few days organizing my digi files of layouts on my main computer and EHD's... making sure everything is in at least 2 places. I know the first layout I ever did was the last week of 2007. I kept doing traditional throughout the beginning of 2008 but dabbled in the digi as well. I had a Dell desktop computer with a flat screen monitor that I used at home. I went to a lot of retreats back then and that's when I really turned to digi. I had a Dell laptop that I loaded PSP on to scrap. I eventually added the 2nd flat screen monitor to my setup and I still use a desktop computer. I do have a laptop I can use but it is slow and my eyes are getting old so it is harder to scrap on it!

I would guess that by the middle of 2008 I was totally digi scrapping although I still have traditional supplies and have done a couple of projects that way as well. So 12 years for me.

10. michelepixels

I didn't mean that was the beginning of my digiscrapping. My first attempt at it was probably on that computer, but it was 4 years earlier. It took a couple more years before I was digiscrapping regularly though, and the help of the first digiscrap forum I joined in 2007.

I've just spent 15 or 20 minutes failing to find my very first attempt at a digital scrapbook page. Darn. I know what it looks like, but I seem to have filed it away somewhere too safe to find right now. But here's one of the first pages I ever shared online, in 2007. Already attempting extractions. :giggle "Good enough" has always been part of my philosophy. (This cute little boy is a gangly 13 year old now.)
    Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 10.22.18 AM.png Anyone else want to share an early page?

Cheryl, you were taking off when I was taking a hiatus from digiscrapping to focus on photography. From 2012 through 2014 I made only a few scrapbook pages but was taking photography and business classes, thinking I might go pro.

The old phone in my photo caught my eye too! :lol2 We kept that phone around "just in case" until 2 or 3 years ago when I finally canceled our landline. My youngest had an iPod and I'd had enough of spam calls interrupting my days!

I love looking at old photos and seeing how much has changed!

Scrapping with Liz likes this.
  11. HavaDrPepper

Here it is. My first page done on 12/30/2007.
    OneSmallStep.jpg

12. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Love these! I started Digi-scrapping around 2007/2008. We did have a laptop by then.

13. HavaDrPepper

Once I found your freebie templates, it really changed the way I scrapped. Made it easier because I always struggled with photo placement! Before that I was trying to translate Becky Higgins sketches to digital.

14. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

We still have a couple of those bulky white Dell monitors in the office. There's also a Dell tower just like yours, but older b/c as it was bought in Sept. 2002 an runs WIN XP. My first foray into digi-scrap was using MS Word.

15. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

The first page I ever posted online - August 1, 2006 :giggle:giggle
    2076_0e893e3d-cf26-443b-bf04-2f6c4fa3a1e3_o.jpg

16. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

how cool - I think that is about the time I started digi scrapping too!

17. michelepixels

Look at that frog! You were destined to be a Pollywog. :D

18. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Oh @michelepixels you have created the most hilarious throw back thursday...
    2007, I was an aspiring blogger too!
    [​IMG]

I haven't updated it in 3 years! but like you 2009, was my full blogger time with 255 posts.
    I had to go and see if I had any of our office set up.
    *admit to also, stealing wifi from my neighbor! bhahha
    My husband and I had our dells! My youngest kids had their games on the oldest monster on the little desk. The monitor on the top my husband used in his video making for the church.
    Goodness, but what a hoarder and mess this room is! I have so streamlined our lives since this...I hope! lol

100_2885.jpg

19. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Oh, so glad it helped!