what are you covid reading?

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by bellbird, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I just don't seem to be able to concentrate. I have a Danish audio book going by Nesbø( About Harry Hole, don't know the English title) but Just cant get into it,and keep turning it of, when I realize my mind have drifted,and I haven't heard a word that was said for at least a chapter. Bedtime reading is the Shetland series by Ann Cleeves. I like that (about a detective on the Shetland isles,) but still I am taking sooo long reading it, perhaps only a chapter at the time.

Karen likes this.
  2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Outlander ( @gonewiththewind ) for me... I finished book 1 and I am over halfway done with book 2. I really love it and I am greatful my DH bought me all 8 books on Amazon which I got 2 weeks ago... Happy camper here!

Nemla, gonewiththewind and Karen like this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Yay! I'm so glad you love them! :) Now we can have long discussions. LOL

I finished reading Outlander and then moved on to a Rosamunde Pilcher novel, September. I finished that one and I'm now reading Winter Solstice by her as well. In the past couple of years I read The Shell Seekers and Coming Home. Her writing and the stories she weaves are slow and gentle, but real. Lots of family relationships. If you haven't tried any of her novels, I do recommend them!

cfile likes this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Maybe one day re the ROsmunde Pilcher novels. It will be a bit to get through my Outlander books.. hope by the time I finish 8 Diana will pint number 9 :) I also may re read Twilight (for the umpteenth time) North & South by John Jakes (for the umpteenth time) and then of course my Pal Harry Potter :) I love Robyn Carr novels and wish she would write another Virgin River novel. The novels just started on Netflix so I am waiting for them to show season :)

gonewiththewind likes this.
  5. 3littleks

3littleks Pass the gold and the glitter, please!

I always read a lot even in normal times so I can't say anything has changed with the new SAH order. I did find that I was looking at less romance novels and more at serious reads. The kind that take a few days to get through.

My recent list:
    Paper Wife by Laila Ibrahim
    White Rose, Black Forest by Eoin Dempsey

Currently Reading:
    In the Shadow of the Valley: A Memoir by Bobi Conn
    Life for a Life by Andy Peloquin
    Medical Medium By Anthony William

Karen likes this.
  6. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

Really enjoyed The Ice Princess by Camilla Lackberg, a new to me Scandinavian mystery author.
    Also read The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides which was good but a bit disappointing in the end.
    Currently reading Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin (historical fantasty, maybe although its a bit difficult to classify). I really liked the movie when I saw it a few years ago with Kate Winslett and Colin Farrell .

Nemla and Karen like this.
  7. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Currently reading the third book in Nora Roberts trilogy, Chronicles of The One. Good vs Bad fantasy of the world after a virus is released that kills many people.

Karen likes this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm reading "The Last Bathing Beauty" by Amy Sue Norton and it has nothing to do with the virus. It just came available on Amazon Prime Reading and looked good and I'm enjoying it. I was all set to borrow "The Summer of 69" by Elin Hilderbrand, (audio book) but couldn't find my library card for the number. I have a new phone and it wasn't stored in my new one. I haven't bothered to try to retrieve it yet.

Karen likes this.
  9. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Not your typical reading, but I've been pouring over the pages of this book:

[​IMG]

I've been gathering materials to make an 18th century gown for the past few months. The original plan was to have it made for Mr. Jefferson's Garden Party at Colonial Williamsburg in May, but it was postponed until October due to the pandemic. I still haven't stitched a seam on anything yet since I've been making masks instead. I'm getting there though. I'm about to put in the last order of fabrics for what I'll need. By the time I'm done with the gown and its accessories I'm sure there will probably be over 20 yards of fabric in it all, and it will all be hand stitched (except for the stays - I'll be sewing those by machine!).

Karen and wvsandy like this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

SOOOO cool!!! I'm sure you will anyway, be be sure to take lots of pictures and post in the forum when you're done. I'd love to see your finished dress and I don't want to miss it in the gallery! :agree

QuiltyMom likes this.
  11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

You mean you don't know your library card by heart? :giggle I actually did at one time because I used it online so much (before browsers would save stuff like that for you). I had to get a new card many years ago now and I don't know that one by heart... just the last 4 numbers so I can tell it apart from my boys' cards.

bellbird likes this.
  12. QuiltyMom

I will! I'm starting with the underthings first because you need the foundation pieces before you fit the outer garments. Next week I'll be starting on the shift, then after that the stays (corset). Thankfully I purchased a lot of the materials before the shutdown so I have what I need on hand!

Karen likes this.
  13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Bart has found some escapist fiction while quarantined
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  14. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

I kissed the frog!

Karen likes this.
  15. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

16. QuiltyMom

17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm covid reading The lilypad.

LOL!

[​IMG]

18. DigiGrace

I kissed the frog!

19. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

20. DigiGrace