How are the things going?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by paula kesselring, Mar 20, 2020.

1. paula kesselring

paula kesselring Designer

Hello! How are the things going?

"Seven days? Fourteen days? Can you go for a walk? What about our children?"

For most, being quarantined at home, at worst, will just make you stir crazy.

If you’re lucky enough to avoid getting sick, take the time to get some honey-do list items checked off,
    or relax and scrap!!!!! What about start a family scrapbook?!

“This is not a permanent state, this is a moment in time,”

:heartslub:heartslub:heartslub:heartslub:heartslub

There’s nothing to gain from panicking, and below are the reasons why we shouldn’t panic anyway.

1. We know what the disease is and how to test
    2. It’s getting better in China where COVID-19 originated from
    3. 80% of cases are mild
    4. Children are not getting hit as hard
    5. Most people recover
    6. Cleaning can help

7. Scientists are working on treatments right now
    8. Hopeful vaccines are already underway
    Several different companies are working on vaccines and
    some say they are closer than others.
    9. Treatment trials are underway
    10.It's RETIREMENT SALE TIME at TLP! ( just a little dash of humor to relieve stress...)

Make a plan for your household or family

The best thing you can do now is plan for how you can adapt your daily routine, and that of others in your household, to be able to follow this advice. Some of the ways in which you could prepare include:

• talk to your neighbours and family and exchange phone numbers of household contacts
    • consider and plan for those in your home who are considered vulnerable
    • create a contact list with phone numbers of neighbours, schools, employer, chemist, NHS 111
    • set up online shopping accounts if possible
    It is very important that individuals with symptoms that may be due to coronavirus and their household members stay at home. Staying at home will help control the spread of the virus to friends, the wider community, and particularly the most vulnerable.

Have a wonderful weekend ahead and we send our thoughts to every single member of our community.
    During these unprecedented times that we are facing, we are thinking of you and your loved ones and sending lots of :heartslubon your way!!!

2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Oh Paula @paula kesselring ! You have such a sweet heart! Love you for sharing this and this is why TLP is the best place ever!

Together, we WILL get through this and you are SO right that this is just a short period of time in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't make it less awful, but knowing that there will be an end to it is comforting, to me anyway.

((HUGS)) and stay safe and healthy!

paula kesselring and bestcee like this.
  3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

:tacklehug thanks for this, Paula!

paula kesselring likes this.
  4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Well said.
    I love how times like this can show all the good that is in the world too.

5. patsyt

patsyt Loop-de-loops? Not a fan!

Agree with everything that’s been said in this thread. Paula, such a wonderfully written post!

6. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Thanks for sharing Paula. And yes, the retirement sale is a good thing. :-) A ray of sunshine.

7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

@paula kesselring
    Paula, thanks for this. We are in the house. Not getting in each other's way so far! LOL!!!! Hubby promised to go take the dogs for a walk today (he promised last night) and the SUN is OUT! I can't wait to get some vitamin D! yay!

8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Thanks @paula kesselring There is never too much of good news and support.

Someone was using the term 'cosmic shift' in a Zoom call I was on yesterday. I do think that this gives us, as humans, time to reflect on a lot. god willing, insh'allah and the creek don't rise, we will learn that we all are capable of more love and community than we ever thought. :heartslub

9. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

Thank you for your list. It's been a tough week. I've left the house once in 8 days. That was yesterday to take a drive (we didn't leave the car). My son still needs to practice driving. He turns 16 on April 23 and we feel he won't be getting his license on his birthday like he wanted :(

I'm considered a high risk (though of course by looking at me you can't tell). I had just considered it was because of the meds I'm on that suppress my immune system. But the other day I saw a list that also added neurological conditions to the list. Then my mother in law has lung issues, my mom has health problems, her boyfriend just had surgery to remove a tumor, my step mom has heart & lung problems and my dad has some health issues as well. Then I worry about my own kids and husband.

Kids are bored. We are trying to manage 2 people working from home and 2 kids learning to do distance learning (and why do they always just interrupt ME with all their questions during the day?) all while deciding to take the time to clean out some clutter.

The worry is real, so seeing this list you posted helps remind me that while it is bad (and my heart goes out to those who are feeling it the most; literally in tears), there's still always hope.

oh, and a sale! yes please

10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks, Paula! Stay well and we all need to practice these things - especially staying home, if possible. I've been trying to keep busy - one thing I've done is go through 100's of slides. I've had that on my "to-do list" for years. This seemed like the right time to do it. I dusted them as best I could and have been successful at scanning a few of them myself. They're almost ready to go to the processor - yay!

11. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

productive use of time! I did this for my dad about a year ago. It was fun to find some pictures of my grandparents from their early years of marriage....some of which I'd never seen!

12. Cherylndesigns

It is fun, isn't it? I not only had slides from our trip to Germany, but lots that I had totally forgotten about. The best thing was that I found a picture that I took of my dad that he had framed, sitting on his desk for years. After he passed away, I asked if I could have the picture (because I took it) and it mysteriously disappeared. So, the lost is found! I was able to scan it myself very successfully, but I'm still going to have it professionally done. Yes, it's been a great productive use of my time!

13. paula kesselring

paula kesselring Designer

Ohh ladies, I'm so happy to hear about you all and that you are ok, even Jlynn!!!! Sending lots of good thoughts on you way and stay safe!:bk

14. Cherylndesigns

Thanks, Paula, for starting this thread! I'd love to share with everybody the "lost picture" of my dad. He was so young and healthy. This is one slide that I scanned myself, so it will be SO much better when I have it professionally scanned. Finding this picture of Dad was my "silver lining".

Dad-400.jpg

tinkerbell1112, Jan and BevG like this.
  15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hope everyone stays healthy. Scrapping and digi-shopping are good stress relievers. I know it is for me. My hubs is high risk and my GD too, along with my oldest daughter and her MIL. I'm not too worried about me, I'm pretty healthy, my immune system is good, but its the others in the family that we all worry about. My neighborhood is doing well with social distancing and I've been able to get out each day with Taz for walk/jogs around the river. Not many are on the streets now, its pretty quiet.

Scrapping, cleaning the house, doing the chores that have been on my to-do list forever, are not slowly getting done. I'm working part time from home so between work and the other things on my schedule now, I'm keeping busy. Night time is tv binging time with hubs. Thank goodness for Netflix :)

16. mary kate

mary kate Well-Known Member

Thank you for this.