Sleep | Pad Patter 3.22

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Mar 22, 2020.

1. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Hubby and I go to bed at the same time, he falls asleep almost instantly.
    We have it dark, Block out curtains, door closed to keep the cats out, although I do hear them "talking" to us and using the litter tray during the wee hours. Fan set on #2 so we can be comfy under the down duvet. I have a memory foam pillow and sometimes the bed is made and other times it "breathes' with cats on it all day. If he snores, he gets a nudge. Often I will get up around 7am, let out the cats and wake him up with tea at 8am.
    It's working for us for now.

2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

My husband just needs to not be stressed out to go to sleep. His company has been slowly failing for a long time so that's what's stressing us right now.

I just need to be tired enough.

3. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Being tired enough is big. When I was an active young mother, I could fall asleep like the aforementioned husband, and beg for more when the morning dawned! I guess I need to work harder!

michelepixels likes this.
  4. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

On average i sleep 4-5 hours a night. It must be perfectly quiet in order for me to fall asleep. My husband snores...not a good combination. I have had insomnia my whole life. That's just me and I deal.

5. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Dark, yes checkmark-clipart-green-13.png
    Quiet, checkmark-clipart-green-13.png
    Cool but not cold checkmark-clipart-green-13.png
    No clocks or flashing lights (like on a smart tv) checkmark-clipart-green-13.png
    Now, if I could only stop DH from getting up for bathroom 2-3 times a night! AND we shoulda bought a King size bed instead of a Queen. Oh well!!!

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

:rofl Oh I needed this chuckle!!!

7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I think I should embrace that I AM a bed time princess! Thankfully both my hubby and I love to have a fan on all year long, just for the white noise. If it's too quiet we can't sleep. Lol. Also, I have a routine to help at bedtime. AFTER all the mom puttering around to get stuff put away/cleaned up/prepped for the next day... I go wash my face, put on lotion and then burrow into lots of blankets and pillows. I lay on my side in the same position every night and then read on my kindle until I fall asleep. If I don't read, I lay there thinking for a long time... not really worrying, just thinking. Reading helps me turn my brain off. :agree

My hubby doesn't understand why I get annoyed when he talks to me while I'm reading... he thinks I'm awake, so we can still chat. I tell him I'm trying to sleep and he always says "but you're reading" and then he chuckles and keeps talking. :eyeroll