33 flavors day | pad patter 3.3.20

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Mar 3, 2020.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

33 Flavors Day is dedicated to ice cream! Some sources say that the holiday takes place on the anniversary of the opening of the ice cream shop, Baskin Robbins. Baskin Robbins is known for its 31 flavors, not 33, so it's unclear why the day is called 33 Flavors Day.

In 1945, Irvine "Irv" Robbins opened Snowbird Ice Cream in Glendale, California. The following year his brother-in-law, Burton "Burt" Baskin, opened an ice cream shop as well. They joined together as Baskin-Robbins in 1953. Baskin Robbins soon became known for their 31 flavors—one for each day of the month. Baskin Robbins also became popular for handing out small pink spoons to customers, so that they could try flavors before buying. By the mid-1960s there were 400 locations in the United States, and they went international in the 1970s, with stores opened in Japan, Saudi Arabia, Korea, and Australia. Today they are the world's largest ice cream specialty shop chain, with more than 7,800 locations in 50 countries. Although they are known for their 31 flavors, since their founding they have created more than 1,300 ice creams.

[​IMG]

I'm a vanilla with caramel sauce kinda girl, but I'll eat cookies and cream or anything with caramel.

So how about you, what is your FAV ice cream flavor?

2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I'm a plain jane... plain old chocolate for me. Add some butterscotch topping to it and I'm in heaven.

However, when I was in high school in the early 70's, a mall in the city 15 miles from me had a Baskin-Robbins store and the movie theaters. Every once in a while we would treat ourselves to an ice cream cone if we had time before going to the move. I would always get 2 dips... chocolate and black raspberry. Haven't had that combination for over 40 years!

These days I eat a lot of raspberry sherbet.

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

raspberry... yum!

4. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Mmmm...Baskin-Robbins...I ALWAYS order one scoop of mint chocolate chip and one scoop of peanut butter chocolate in a cup.

If I'm eating Ben & Jerry's I either get Phish Food or Cherry Garcia. Oh, and I like the Karamel Sutra, too.

I guess I just like ice cream. Haha!

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

My stomach is so whacked anymore that I can hardly ever eat ice cream. It kills me, too. My very favorite used to be Pralines & Cream with hot chocolate or caramel on it. If I ate that now - :crazy3

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Mint chocolate chip for me!!
    Or one scoop of that and a scoop of plain chocolate :)

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

1. Dark Chocolate
    2. Black Cherry
    3. Pistachio
    4. Butter Pecan
    But the BEST is Talenti's Butter Pecan!!! (actually is gelato!)
    [​IMG]
    :heartslub:imok

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Coffee or Jamocha as it's known at Baskin-Robbins. Yummo!

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Fireside S'mores by Tillamook! Chocolate ice cream with bits of graham cracker (it's like dough) and a marshmallow swirl. I also recently discovered a new favorite: Justice Remixed by Ben & Jerry's: cinnamon & chocolate ice creams with cinnamon and spicy brownie dough chunks. I also love rocky road, chocolate marshmallow, mint Oreo, and cookie dough, but I really wish someone would put cookie dough in chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla. Oh, and I love all sherbet and sorbet. Now you all know how obsessed I am with ice cream haha

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

when I could eat ice cream I was very boring.....vanilla

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I have a few: Mint with Choc Chip[​IMG]
    Boysenberry [​IMG]
    Macadamia nuts [​IMG]

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

If we are having ice cream at home, I absolutely LOVE waffle cone by Breyer's. It's super similar to Americone Dream by Ben and Jerry's (my old favorite). But the waffle cone pieces in the Breyer's version are crunchy and they are usually kinda soggy in the Ben and Jerry's version.

My favorite place to go and get ice cream is a dairy about 40 minutes from us called Oregon Dairy. They use milk produced right there on the farm and their ice cream is amazing. My favorite is Magical Unicorn. It is vanilla (I think... I should know I feel like, but all I know is I love it) with a purple buttercream swirl throughout, sprinkles, and small cookie pieces. It is INCREDIBLE... and I have never even had a cake batter type ice cream I liked before this one.

Otherwise if we go out, I love to get a scoop of strawberry and a scoop of chocolate. I think these two flavors taste so good together. I once had a dark chocolate with toasted coconut at a Kilwin's shop in Asheville and I still think about how good it was. I have never seen that flavor anywhere else.

I also love a cup of IceDream from Chick-fil-A with chocolate sauce on top.

keepscrappin and Lisa B like this.
  13. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

From Baskin Robbins I would always get Jamoca Almond Fudge. My favorite Haagan Daas is Green Tea. I am an odd ball

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I'll say this first: there are very few ice creams I don't like. LOL

I grew up eating Neopolitan at my Big Daddy and Granny's home. I now have the goblets they served the ice cream in. When I got the goblets and told Jay the story, he bought Neopolitan ice cream and without saying anything, filled a goblet and brought it to me while I was on the computer as a surprise. :)

[​IMG]

Jay always brings home little treats, and he bought a bunch of little bitty ice creams one weekend. Out of the bunch, I picked strawberry. Again, the Neopolitan made me love the main three. LOL

[​IMG]

I adore anything coconut and chocolate, so if there's a coconut ice cream when we're out, I'll pick that almost always. I haven't found a good one that I like to eat at home. I keep trying, though!

[​IMG]

My step-mom works for a gourmet food distributor, so she will often have samples of food. One night when we were over, she brought out these hand crafted ice creams by High Road. Oh. My. Goodness. They were sooooo good. My faves I picked were fresh mint chip and saigon cinnamon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When picking ice creams to eat at home, I will choose Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey or a Mint Chocolate Chip!

Now you can clearly see why I have a problem losing weight. Ha!

15. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Definitely chocolate of some sort - Rocky Road or even better my most recent favorite Friendly's Chocolate Marshmallow Swirl. When alone, I have been known to pour caramel sauce on it...

But Baskin Robbins? my all time favorite from decades ago was Tangerine Chocolate Sherbert. I swear each summer I'm going to make some but as yet, it hasn't happened.

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Anything with peanut butter and chocolate!

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

If you haven't already discovered it, look for So Delicious vegan ice cream. It is so delicious! Our favorite is the salted caramel with little chunks of chocolate.

keepscrappin and Cherylndesigns like this.
  18. Tracie Stroud

Tracie Stroud Active Member

Right now, it's mint chocolate chip, but it changes frequently lol.

keepscrappin likes this.
  19. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

I have many favorites too depending on where or what brand.....
    Mango sorbet, most citrus sorbets, Chocolat in San Diego (Hillcrest) has a killer coconut gelato that I pair with their chili-chocolate gelato, coffee or strawberry Haagen Dazs, as mentioned above... a non-dairy treat by So Delicious - salted caramel, Ben & Jerry's stopped making my favorite which was a perfect chocolate-mint with "thin mint" cookie balls in it, but I'll do NY Super Fudge Chunk. I think I have a thing for ice cream. :whistle

And, a fun fact, my Dad went to school with a Baskin and often they would hang at her house to "study". He said they had a huge vault freezer and they would always get to taste new flavors being created!

keepscrappin likes this.
  20. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'd love to try this. I'd love to be able to eat ice cream again. Thanks.