LOD 2020 - February 17 - Paula Kesselring

Discussion in '2020 LOD' started by bellbird, Feb 17, 2020.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

LOVE Our Designers - February 17
    Paula Kesselring Is Our Daily Crush!
    SALE of 30% Off plus Buy More, Save More Discounts

& 2 FREEBIES for TLP members & her newsletter subscribers!

This event isn't a traditional CHALLENGE in that there aren't really rules. It's just...Scrap with the featured designer! Maybe it's an old favorite, or someone's products you haven't tried before. Just get scrapping!

A Bit About: Paula Kesselring
    Newsletter
    : http://eepurl.com/2rXa5
    Shop: https://the-lilypad.com/store/Paula-Kesselring/
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paulakesselringdesigns/
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/paulakesselringdesigns/
    Pinterest: https://br.pinterest.com/paulakesselring/
    TLP username: @paula kesselring

0217calendar.jpg

Besides the standard gallery requirements, there aren't any crazy rules to follow beyond simply scrapping with our featured designer for the day!!
    I was lucky enough to guest for her several years back and was extra lucky that she let me stay on with her team! She has a ton of authentic ephemera from all over the world and almost anything and everything you can dream for a heritage or retro page. Her textured papers and watercolour/watercolor goodies are just delightful and I have had paper scrappers message me, asking what paper I've used, thinking I have used actual 'paper paper' for my digi pages, they are that awesome and real looking on the screen! She also is part of the team that creates the Mixed Media Monthly M3 product line which is always a fun collab!

I asked her to share a bit about herself with us and so this is Paula in her own words:
    Me: Hey Paula! Can you tell us about yourself? Like how you started designing and how you have changed over the years?:
    Paula: I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), I can't live with any mess! That's why I changed from paper scrapbooking to digital! At the beginning, I was only a scrapbooker, but I have been working with image editing since 1995 and I decided to venture out and start creating my own kits. At first they were terrible, but Nancy from Scrapartist gave me a chance and call me to start to sell my stuff at her store and that's when it all started. At the beginning, I was more of an art journaling fan, but last year I started to make some watercolored stuff and I just love it!

Me: I know you got married not long ago, can you tell us a bit about your family & fur babies?
    Paula: Last year I married Ricardo, after 21 years together! We had our 1st Anniversary this month!
    My 2 dogs, Nero and Stella, got sick recently with Tick-borne disease - ehrlichiosis disease, and I was devastated, but with the right treatment they are getting better!
    My oldest daughter Isabella is almost married, we are going to New York this week, with all the family, where we will choose her dress this month (PAY ATTENTION TO THE FINAL LINES OF THIS TEXT!).
    And my youngest, Gabriella, is finishing college, she has returned to live in Brazil after a 7-month stay in Munich, Germany.
    And she started working at a fantastic company called Rappi, which is a Delivery startup that has reached an estimated market value of $ 1.1 billion, becoming the latest & best-funded Latin American tech startup!

Me: You seem to have seen so much of the world and always be travelling! Do you love flying everywhere?
    Paula: I used to travel a lot with my family or only with the girls, but I have a confession to make: I have a huge fear of flying. I hate it.Despite flying like 4 (X2) times per year, I'm like this:
    During turbulence: “What was that sound? Are we supposed to turn like that? Why is this so bumpy?!That was a big drop! What’s wrong? We’re all gonna die!!! Ahhhh!!!”
    During landing: “Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. It’s going to be O.K. Breathe.”
    And now it's worse because with the Coronavirus I'm going to have a panic attack for sure the first sneeze I hear at the plane! Hahaha

Ok that was meant to have been the end of the interview questions but in case, like me, you have seen Paula's many travel photos and are finding her fear of flying hard to reconcile, or are just wondering why on earth she'd agree to fly to New York to go shopping for a wedding dress for the same reason, this family New York trip was already planned and the wedding dress her daughter saw online & fell in love with just happened to be available in New York, and so it is a wonderful coincidence seeing Paula's already going through with the hyperventilating on the flight anyway. (And I will just say that is 'mother of the year' material to me!)

This is the page I made for today. I made it using Paula's to die for Crushed Gold Papers and elements and wordart from her High Hopes M3 Add-on with a few extra elements from the M3 Dec'17 she contributes to (and the template is from this month's BYOC by Scrapping with Liz).
    [​IMG]
    See what I mean about texture?! I love the background how the glitter looks 'swiped' across the page and you know how in real life if you get glitter anywhere, you can never get rid of it?! Well this glitter has stayed in all the little bumps in the paper and really makes the texture visible! And these are just a few of the other pages I've made with her designs:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hey! Check This Out!! Paula has an awesome:
    30% off her store SALE for February 17th
    plus a Buy More Save More!

Spend $15 Save 35%
    Spend $25 Save 40%
    Spend $35 Save 45%

lod-feb17-paulak.jpg
    Yep, you read that right! Paula has also kindly made us some freebies!!!
    THE ALPHA will be available in the TLP store for today only and the matching NUMBERS will be available for her NEWSLETTER subscribers and new subscribers too so watch your email!
    Not subscribed yet? Subscribe here: http://eepurl.com/2rXa5
    paulakesselring_rubberalpha_freebie_preview.jpg
    paulakesselring_rubbernumbers_freebie_preview.jpg
    I have one more layout I'm just finishing up with this alpha on it and I'll pop it in the thread in a sec but now...

Now it's your turn...
    Scrap a page using (mostly) Paula Kesselring products!
    Meet the gallery guidelines of 50% TLP product
    Post in Paula's Gallery and share your page in this thread (below).

:fairydanceOh and bonus!!!:fairydance
    Paula has generously given me a few coupons as prizes and asked that any new pages posted in this thread during her 17th of Feb promotion day will go in to a random drawing, so what are you waiting for?!
    Go scrap with Paula's goodies and then come back here and show me what you made for your chance to win!

**** ETA: Winners announced here ****
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threa...17-paula-kesselring.70100/page-3#post-1226586

Be sure to check out our LOVE Our Designers event daily since you never know WHO is going to be featured when! And who knows, the designer(s) may pop in here and there with special surprises and interactions while we are scrapping!!!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    umyesh, KarenB, Tree City and 2 others like this.
  2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Ta-da! This is my page for the current Feb Template challenge & it has the freebie alpha on it (i shrunk it to about 45% to fit the space and it still looks fab) and Paula's Tea Rose papers (how cool is that curled corner?! it took me no effort at all, it's part of the paper! Paula did all the work! :beat )
    [​IMG]

3. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I love Paula's designs! And what an awesome sale, and freebies, and extra prizes! We love our Paula and she loves us too!
    I'll be back with a page.

Dalis, paula kesselring and bellbird like this.
  4. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I am on Paula's team so no need to add me to the coupon draw! I forgot how much fun and how CAThartic purrr art journaling is. Paula's textures and ephemera are purrrfect for journaling.

[​IMG]

I couldn't help but do one more art journal piece.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Here is mine, I love Paula and her creations so much!!!!

[​IMG]

6. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Thank you for this challenge!

[​IMG]

7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Here is mine! (Photo is by my husband)
    [​IMG]

8. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Paula's designs always get my imagination stirring. :-)

[​IMG]

Ga_L, bellbird, Dady and 4 others like this.
  9. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Love Paula's stuff! Her Summer Fun items always make me happy so that was the basis of my layout.

[​IMG]

bellbird, Dady, wvsandy and 2 others like this.
  10. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

thank you for the challenge and the freebies.

[​IMG]

flowersgal, bellbird, Dady and 2 others like this.
  11. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I love Paula's In The Pines for nature photos!
    [​IMG]

12. familyhistoryscrapper

familyhistoryscrapper Once upon a time there was this dragon ...

13. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

Here's mine. I did a simple layout!

[​IMG]

14. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

15. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

FUN to do! Not meant to make sense to anyone but me; it touches on my DIL and our tatoo discussions, a favorite verse, and just plain random fun!! I was once on her CT and wow, she has really branched out. Love the variety and @paula kesselring - Keep up the watercolor!!! You go girl!!!
    [​IMG]
    Thank you for the free Alpha set, @paula kesselring !

bellbird and paula kesselring like this.
  16. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Only the template isn't from Paula. Kit is Purffect
    [​IMG]

17. Ruthe14

Ruthe14 Branch Manager of my family

Thanks for the fun today....
    [​IMG]

18. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Somehow I missed picking up the Nature set when it was first released so I grabbed it today. Love it and the new packs! I also love the watercolor!
    [​IMG]

19. Bagheertje

Bagheertje Well-Known Member

20. paula kesselring

paula kesselring Designer

OMG ladies!! I'm in LOVE with all your pages! I'm glad that you like the freebies and SUPER happy with all your pages so far!:circles:circles:circles

AlyciaIN, bellbird and DivaMom96 like this.